IGNORED

Rover's are now the Choice of Bristol football fans

Jurassic

5 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

What the actual ****?! In what universe is that true? If we do go down we'd still be a much bigger and better club than them. Some people need to grow some balls when things get a bit tough not run home crying to mummy

Nibble mate. Don't rise to it

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's Swindon Town for you.

I knew 3 ppl from Swindon, not one supported them though one went with mates. The social drinking thing at big games.

Sadly you're right and I've followed Swindon for over 40 years. I would also include Liverpool, Leeds & Man Utd in the list above but that's down to sky & bt showing so many live games throughout the season. Also Swindon is not a football town like it was many years ago when there was big employment in the railway works & Pressed Steele and with so many families moving here from Oxfordshire & Berkshire etc to get more property for their money they have no connection with the club. Football is fickle and in the late 60's Swindon we're getting crowds similar to yours this season and that was in the old third division. In 72 they got their record crowd of 32000 against Arsenal and although our two clubs are miles apart there are similarlities this season with both having young managers who aren't upto the job that we're stuck with and can't do anything about but you have a decent chairman

Ive always enjoyed playing city and seen them as a big club who under achieve and look out for their results each week. I would love to play you next season but somehow I can't see that happening and either one or both sets of fans are going to be fed up at the end of the season unless miracles do happen 

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Hate to have to admit it but Rover's future looks brighter than ours!

If you were a youngster deciding which Bristol team was worthy of your support you have to  admit the answer would be Rovers. That's how bad things are now.

Ah- Jurassic- surely that was the time period that the gash was last playing in the Championship?

I was born here in this magnificent city called Bristol, and a friend taking me to a football game when I was 16 sealed my love of football and it was Bristol City that he took me too all those years ago. 

I'll support city no matter what, ups and downs all teams have them. 

as for the OP's statement, I'd rather support WsM than the Gas, if I had a choice.

Pretty sure the correct way the decision should be made is to find where you live on a map then draw a line to the closest pro football team and that's your answer (I accept family history / relocation may bear a factor before someone takes umbrage)

If you were a youngster deciding which Bristol team was worthy of your support you have to  admit the answer would be Rovers. That's how bad things are now.

Go and sit in your tent...

IMG_3505.JPG

Get a grip, They are mid table league 1 averaging less than 10000, a owner who's intentions still aren't clear and there top scorer for the last 3 season left to join us mid season to sign on for this sinking ship, if that is us next season (quite possible granted)we be even more distraught than we are now. They have been behind us for 15 odd seasons that is generation right there it hard going to drastically change even if we are in the same league, as we found out this season football can quickly change, and one thing the gas never do is hang on to there best players and spend you can only get away with it for so long ! 

You'll never get an equity card at this rate........

Wow. Really?

Is that it? The sum total of your considered response? Bristol Sport have buried City, if a youngster want's to support a Bristol club then Rovers makes more sense.

Youngsters don't really worry about the business side of a football team. 

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Oh dear. Doesn't a comment like that bring out the worst in some. Rivalry is one thing but the vitriol and hatred displayed  is something else. Not an attractive prospect for next season. 

I wonder what a similar comment on the Gas forum would get, should roles be reversed. My guess is it would be much worse, only in a less comprehensible manner

21 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

I wonder what a similar comment on the Gas forum would get, should roles be reversed. My guess is it would be much worse, only in a less comprehensible manner.

I'm sure it would. And prove that two wrongs don't make a right.

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Pretty sure the correct way the decision should be made is to find where you live on a map then draw a line to the closest pro football team and that's your answer (I accept family history / relocation may bear a factor before someone takes umbrage)

Just searched google maps couldn't find umbrage so have to apologise despite my best intentions I will not be able to take it , hopefully one day the Romans will sack it or the Vikings will pillage it.

12 hours ago, Jurassic said:

An optician just won't be able to help you, you are seeing things that aren't there.

Thank **** I'm not young and that things could never be that bad.

Archived