IGNORED

Why Why Why

Redmycolour

2 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

My god! This is getting boring. Thread after thread of the same rubbish. 

That maybe true, but it's a forum to discuss City and at the moment the main topics will be a short list. 
We are crap, the manager looks lost, the board will not make a change, we will in all likelihood get relegated. When you go out with a City mate and talk football , do none of this get mentioned? Not even indirectly , it can be boring rehashing the same topics but bar a few left field posts the main topics will pop up again and again.

anyway, seen any good bands lately :D

There was a very visible protest v Norwich - it was the stay away supporters evident by the ever increasing empty seats.

Bristol City is in all our hearts and it takes a Terrible situation to make people want to protest so this silent but visible reaction to the destruction SL and LJ are doing to our club will probably be all that will happen.

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A 'great point'  ?

Says it all

Spot on! Like a lot of people thought throwing away a 0-3 lead at Derby was a 'great' point....it must be quite cool to be in any position of authority at BCFC - the majority of fans are happy to pootle along in division three with the odd foray into division two without putting any pressure on the hierarchy.....the numerous rants on a forum visited by a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of our fanbase achieve nothing.

At least Arsenal fans have arranged a few well-attended marches before games recently - very high-profile, vocal and with lots of banners. 

We give our club an easy ride...it must be part of being laid-back Bristolians...

33 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I checked the online users on Monday when it got to 5.30 and everyone expected a press conference about LJ leaving - which was possibly one of the biggest moments on OTIB all season?

It was something like 1200. What's that, between 5-10% of our average attendance. 

That's why I always argue that what is said on OTIB is not always the 'majority' - backed up further by the lack of support for a protest or boycott. 

I'm guessing that 1200 was for the whole forum and not just the 5:30 announcement thread?

26 minutes ago, BBlockExile said:

There was a very visible protest v Norwich - it was the stay away supporters evident by the ever increasing empty seats.

This is what I call a protest 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39200785

The Bayern fans showed their feelings about the ticket prices, they did not stay away they travelled in their thousands and left nobody in any doubt what they thought on the matter.

We have a wonderful opportunity against Huddersfield which is being televised to make our feelings known staying away will not convey this sense of frustration

16 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I beg to dither.yes I did post a title yesterday but totally different title as was the one before that as well.

Apologies if I am incorrect. It was the contents not the title that has the repetition. 

If you want a demo/protest, how about you arrange it?

1 hour ago, LC_ said:

If you think that was a great point earned on Tuesday then sorry, but I think you're deluded. That was a very poor Norwich team, as shown in the last 15 minutes when it was all one way traffic when we finally had a recognisable attacking threat on the pitch. Did you not hear the Norwich fans calling for Neil's head? 

I didn't hear that, we could've had '2 for the Price of 1'

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This last few months has been pretty depressing as far as results go, but has been more depressing because of the reaction of some of our fans who seem to think that there was some rosy past where everything was perfect, the fans ran the club and all the players and staff were universally loved. Some of our fans (probably those who get referred to as "Happy" ******* "Clappers") know that these things go in cycles and we will have our time in the sun again, others act like we have never ever won a game of football and have no hope of ever doing so again. I know which of those two groups I think have more realistic view of the future.

There was - 2 years ago under Steve Cotterill. :yes:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Nothing to see , that's apt. No decent football, no wins and next season no Championship. But that's ok we can clap them off after another poor season next year.
This is how I  the local ManYoo and Arse fans appear to me , win and it's great, lose and it doesn't matter. I just don't get this attitude . If you really care about the club surely you get angry at what we're going through. 
Fair play to you if you're enjoying the season, but I think this year has been a farce and will result in (my mate put it very well) an unnecessary relegation.

I see you're point I also think is the bad season but I am enjoying the season as I enjoy football but it's bit early to jump to conclusions and say that we'll definitely go down.

1 minute ago, redmycolour said:

There was a protest organised for Tuesday night but nothing materialised nor in the concourse 

No there wasn't. There were a few otib'ers who thought it was a good idea. Most of them were probably not even at the match. I walked through the SS & Dolman concourse between 19.40 and 19.45 - did I hear anyone shouting "join the protest - all stay in the concourse until 8pm". No. So I repeat nothing was organised.

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

No there wasn't. There were a few otib'ers who thought it was a good idea. Most of them were probably not even at the match. I walked through the SS & Dolman concourse between 19.40 and 19.45 - did I hear anyone shouting "join the protest - all stay in the concourse until 8pm". No. So I repeat nothing was organised.

Well I'm in the S/S.nothing outside so I went inside and still nothing 

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I've cheered on this shit show and we're still exactly that - a shit show. Time for large scale changes.

Why do you keep repeating yourself? :whistle:

I've always thought OTIB was a reasonable representation of the fanbase.

But there are still posters on here arguing for Johnson, making excuses for him, being offended that a few posters say what they consider to be 'nasty' things about him, and voting in polls for him to stay.

In the real world I haven't come across a single City fan for weeks who isn't depressed and incredibly frustrated by LJ still being in the job, and who doesn't want him out ASAP.

100% solid for sacking him, so it seems a few persistent LJ devotees on just about every thread - perhaps not the normal everyday fans in some cases - have given a false impression that he retains notable support amongst City fans when in my experience it's impossible to find anyone outside of OTIB who agrees with them.

5 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I blame the Happy Clapping attack dogs.

Do or say anything and you are savaged, e.g:-

- attacking the petition to remove LJ

- attacking the one banner in the stadium

- insisting me clap instead of protesting

- insisting Johnson gets more time

Etc, etc.

unambitious fools who are happy to watch City no matter how dire things are.

There is a difference between blind support and seeing this disaster for what it is.

Emporers new clothes??

tfj

Dreadful if someone disagrees with you, isn't it?  Unambitious fools, eh?  I don't know what is more depressing: your post or that 15 people liked it.

Johnson isn't going to be sacked.  Get used to it.  If you don't want to support the team then that's fine, up to you, but get real.  Constant bleating about someting that isn't going to happen is so pointless, and must be soul destroying for you.

I may be a fool - I'll leave my friends and family to decide that - but if being unambitious is just wanting to watch a good game of football on a Saturday and hope my team wins, then maybe I am unambitious.  Perhaps I'm past caring what division we are in, as long as we're still competing.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

But there are still posters on here arguing for Johnson, making excuses for him, being offended that a few posters say what they consider to be 'nasty' things about him, and voting in polls for him to stay.

In the real world I haven't come across a single City fan for weeks who isn't depressed and incredibly frustrated by LJ still being in the job, and who doesn't want him out ASAP.

100% solid for sacking him, so it seems a few persistent LJ devotees on just about every thread - perhaps not the normal everyday fans in some cases - have given a false impression that he retains notable support amongst City fans when in my experience it's impossible to find anyone outside of OTIB who agrees with them.

If I move to the Johnson in camp call the police I'm obviously on crack, that's the only logical explanation

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Dreadful if someone disagrees with you, isn't it?  Unambitious fools, eh?  I don't know what is more depressing: your post or that 15 people liked it.

Johnson isn't going to be sacked.  Get used to it.  If you don't want to support the team then that's fine, up to you, but get real.  Constant bleating about someting that isn't going to happen is so pointless, and must be soul destroying for you.

I may be a fool - I'll leave my friends and family to decide that - but if being unambitious is just wanting to watch a good game of football on a Saturday and hope my team wins, then maybe I am unambitious.  Perhaps I'm past caring what division we are in, as long as we're still competing.

Our performance this year suggests were not competing though 

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Get your bloody picture taken with him.  Jesus christ, the solution is so simple!

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Snap 

Archived