IGNORED

Why Why Why

Redmycolour

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've always thought OTIB was a reasonable representation of the fanbase.

But there are still posters on here arguing for Johnson, making excuses for him, being offended that a few posters say what they consider to be 'nasty' things about him, and voting in polls for him to stay.

In the real world I haven't come across a single City fan for weeks who isn't depressed and incredibly frustrated by LJ still being in the job, and who doesn't want him out ASAP.

100% solid for sacking him, so it seems a few persistent LJ devotees on just about every thread - perhaps not the normal everyday fans in some cases - have given a false impression that he retains notable support amongst City fans when in my experience it's impossible to find anyone outside of OTIB who agrees with them.

On the bus today talking to three other City fans I know.  Two want him out, 2 dont. Split decision!

5 hours ago, redmycolour said:

I don't understand our fans.NO protest.NO banners.Nothing.this person they call a coach no ideas he's taking us down. There were supposed to be a protest outside the sports bar Tuesday night. Protest in the concourse BUT NOTHING. What's the problem. We're sitting back and letting LJ &SL take our club down.Now come on. We get a minority of fans singing "we want Johnson out"the majority do nothing and either backing him or letting it happen.WHY are we letting him do this.its our club.  CTID.

It's down to a Bristolian disease called Apathy

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I respect your post but for Bob's sake some of us haven't even taken our jackets off let alone found time to slap on factor 15.

We have spent so long in the shade that the club has a Vitamin D deficit ! 

Mushroom school of Management from them upstairs...

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I go to matches to watch football sometimes it's good football by us (or even the opposition) sometimes it's crap. I have 90+ minutes when I don't have to think about my life, my job or anything else outside of football. Then I go home. Now I am older and can afford a season ticket, it works out a fairly reasonable price despite the number of games I miss because of my ******* job. At no point in my 50 years have I ever thought that my small £300ish contributions does anything but give me the right to cheer the successes or moan at our failures. 

This last few months has been pretty depressing as far as results go, but has been more depressing because of the reaction of some of our fans who seem to think that there was some rosy past where everything was perfect, the fans ran the club and all the players and staff were universally loved. Some of our fans (probably those who get referred to as "Happy" ******* "Clappers") know that these things go in cycles and we will have our time in the sun again, others act like we have never ever won a game of football and have no hope of ever doing so again. I know which of those two groups I think have more realistic view of the future.

Are you really unaware that in the last eight seasons, we have been fighting relegation in seven if them? Just one year we actually had something to enjoy and cheer about.

That is called a "Bristol City Cycle"

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Are you really unaware that in the last eight seasons, we have been fighting relegation in seven if them? Just one year we actually had something to enjoy and cheer about.

And on average in recent decades 8 seasons to get out of League One and about 2 to return to it !!

:10_1_108:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've always thought OTIB was a reasonable representation of the fanbase.

But there are still posters on here arguing for Johnson, making excuses for him, being offended that a few posters say what they consider to be 'nasty' things about him, and voting in polls for him to stay.

In the real world I haven't come across a single City fan for weeks who isn't depressed and incredibly frustrated by LJ still being in the job, and who doesn't want him out ASAP.

100% solid for sacking him, so it seems a few persistent LJ devotees on just about every thread - perhaps not the normal everyday fans in some cases - have given a false impression that he retains notable support amongst City fans when in my experience it's impossible to find anyone outside of OTIB who agrees with them.

I've a slightly different view. In my experience over the years the consensus on otib has very often been at odds with the mood in the stands and in the pubs of BS3. Strangely now however, perhaps for the first time, as far as I can see pretty much everyone wants LJ gone, both in real life and even here in the rather warped and disingenuous world of the internet.

You say there are still fans here that wish him to stay, and I'll take your word for it, you obviously read more threads than I do. But I'm delighted that overall the online City community has at last fallen in with the real world.

More importantly though, tell me why, tell me why, tell me why... they follow like sheep in a wolf's clothes...

I'm a season ticket holder and went to Newcastle & Villa away matches recently.

Ill be staying away next Friday.

In my entire life supporting Bristol City I've never felt so depressed as I do right now.

I have huge respect for SL but he's made a gargantuan error keeping Johnson on as manager. 100% that man is going to take us down. I don't intend giving him any more of my time. I almost feel like posting my season ticket back to the club.

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

And?

Archived