IGNORED

If you were the owner of a business

NickJ

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That's all very cliche

What do you / does that actually mean ?

Having actually operated and owned a very successful business for nearly 30 years, I would call the management together and grill them until I had a view of what was needed and then every person would be directed to carry out the tasks that were assigned.  In a football club, many of these issues must concern fitness, medical services, coaches, senior players, management and all support staff.  The focus has to be on fitness and performance because I feel that some players look as if they have struggled in recent games.  We don't know who carry knocks, strains, minor illnesses and the like.  We don't see the form and attitude of the players in training.  Maybe a sports psychologist would be useful. The whole squad should be pulled together and if there was a disruptive element, that should be dealt with in an appropriate manner.  A club us a big team and everyone had to do their bit......including fans!

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Having actually operated and owned a very successful business for nearly 30 years, I would call the management together and grill them until I had a view of what was needed and then every person would be directed to carry out the tasks that were assigned.  In a football club, many of these issues must concern fitness, medical services, coaches, senior players, management and all support staff.  The focus has to be on fitness and performance because I feel that some players look as if they have struggled in recent games.  We don't know who carry knocks, strains, minor illnesses and the like.  We don't see the form and attitude of the players in training.  Maybe a sports psychologist would be useful. The whole squad should be pulled together and if there was a disruptive element, that should be dealt with in an appropriate manner.  A club us a big team and everyone had to do their bit......including fans!

ah ok

Fitness and performance - sounds good

And would you ,as a successful businessman not have done so before this ?

As a side note , and a genuine question , I recognise your unwavering support , but when you attend games do you sing and shout and get behind them or more as a spectator ?

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

But what if your comparable employee of your business was the problem, convert LJ to operational director for instance and if said person moved people away from their core tasks, say accountants doing the post or the purchase ledger operating machinery, would you not act then if after 5 months and countless opportunities he was still chopping and changing and your business was going down hill ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

ah ok

And would you ,as a successful businessman not have done so before this ?

As a side note , and a genuine question , I recognise your unwavering support , but when you attend games do you sing and shout and get behind them or more as a spectator

I think that the support from SL for Lee shows that he is doing exactly what I have described.  He can see more than us - it does not mean that he is right or that a couple of horrific refereeing decisions cannot upend our season - but I believe he is acting in the best interests of the business as he, from his position, sees it.

I do shout and sing as much as possible - although I list my voice for a couple of weeks recently and it is still not back to normal - I do my best!  I used to go to virtually every away game when I lived in London and had a group of regular travellers. Since I retired I go on my own and I am too old to do the mammoth drives to away games - although I would happily pay fuel if there were local fans who wanted to crew up. 

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Don't mean to be rude but that analysis does not fill me with confidence that you have "owned a very successful business".

What would you actually do, other than have a meeting, and deal with disruptive staff in "an appropriate manner"?

3 minutes ago, B block said:

But what if your comparable employee of your business was the problem, convert LJ to operational director for instance and if said person moved people away from their core tasks, say accountants doing the post or the purchase ledger operating machinery, would you not act then if after 5 months and countless opportunities he was still chopping and changing and your business was going down hill ?

I think that SL will have considered all aspects of our current difficulties - I await his further decisions with interest.  Remember he knows the Peale and the situation from first hand - eople on here are guessing and weaving urban myths.

I think that the support from SL for Lee shows that he is doing exactly what I have described.  He can see more than us - it does not mean that he is right or that a couple of horrific refereeing decisions cannot upend our season - but I believe he is acting in the best interests of the business as he, from his position, sees it.

I do shout and sing as much as possible - although I list my voice for a couple of weeks recently and it is still not back to normal - I do my best!  I used to go to virtually every away game when I lived in London and had a group of regular travellers. Since I retired I go on my own and I am too old to do the mammoth drives to away games - although I would happily pay fuel if there were local fans who wanted to crew up. 

I can only say ,

in fairness you always answer

I wanted to scream reading your first paragraph and the blame on horrific refereeing decisions 

But , after the second ,  in a totally bewildered way I've just got to say 'Fair play'

(Mind you I am shaking my head and rocking slowly as I do,so :blush2: )

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I think that SL will have considered all aspects of our current difficulties - I await his further decisions with interest.  Remember he knows the Peale and the situation from first hand - eople on here are guessing and weaving urban myths.

But 2 wins in 5 months isn't a myth that's a fact

buying 19 players and only playing 3 is a fact, 

our league position is his responsibility 

i simply don't see how the fault does not fall at his door and he should therefore resign or be removed

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

Don't mean to be rude but that analysis does not fill me with confidence that you have "owned a very successful business".

What would you actually do, other than have a meeting, and deal with disruptive staff in "an appropriate manner"?

Well the results of the meetings and the analysis would determine the necessary action and measures.  Not knowing the issues within the club , squad and management, I can either bullshit, like most on here and create urban myths, or describe an outline of a process for dealing with a management issue.  I don't care whether you have confidence in my business acumen or not - I didn't do too badly!

Appropriate action is indicated by the findings.  Do try to keep up!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well the results of the meetings and the analysis would determine the necessary action and measures.

Not knowing the issues within the club , squad and management

, I can either bullshit, like most on here and create urban myths, or describe an outline of a process for dealing with a management issue.  

I don't care whether you have confidence in my business acumen or not - I didn't do too badly!

Think we could do with you replacing Ashton 

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, B block said:

But 2 wins in 5 months isn't a myth that's a fact

buying 19 players and only playing 3 is a fact, 

our league position is his responsibility 

i simply don't see how the fault does not fall at his door and he should therefore resign or be removed

The fault may well be Lee's but maybe SO still thinks he is promising enough to try to make it work out.  He is young and needs to build experience - we need to hopefully survive these hard times.  I should imagine that SL is a remarkably effective top executive and should not be underestimated.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well the results of the meetings and the analysis would determine the necessary action and measures.  Not knowing the issues within the club , squad and management, I can either bullshit, like most on here and create urban myths, or describe an outline of a process for dealing with a management issue.  I don't care whether you have confidence in my business acumen or not - I didn't do too badly!

Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm none the wiser.

So, to try again.

I am talking in general, not Bristol City. The question again:

If you were the owner of a business.

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I'm none the wiser.

So, to try again.

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Answered above Nick 

Keep up :yawn:

Id send one to make the tea ready for the meetings - that gets rid of one

- I'm one ahead of you two. :thumbsup:

Only 15 left to deal with :travolta:

I'm none the wiser.

So, to try again.

What would you do?

I'd ask myself whether my manager had recruited the wrong 16 people or if I had recruited the wrong 1.

I'm none the wiser.

So, to try again.

What would you do?

Find out what had happened with the process! Is it the scouting? Coaching? Or something else.  Look at what has occurred and make up your own urban myth. Only those in the club know what happened and why.

Find out what had happened with the process! Is it the scouting? Coaching? Or something else.  Look at what has occurred and make up your own urban myth. Only those in the club know what happened and why.

I feel there is a "failure to understand the question " issue here.

Planet Mars to Planet Earth: This is not a Bristol City related question.

Again:

If you were a business owner.

What would you do?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tommy - Have you been on the sherbert tonight ?

Because we are having a sensible discussion about a root and branch review of the Club :thumbsup:

To be fair I think he is too, if you get my drift.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Again:

What would you do?

We had a meeting Nick 

Would have helped if you could have attended rather than keep,shouting the same question :bruce_h4h:

Again:

What would you do?

Earth to Nick - I would examine the process and seek to find out what has gone wrong and then deal with the situation. SOD was right in this case!!

Archived