IGNORED

If you were the owner of a business

NickJ

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Earth to Nick - I would examine the process and seek to find out what has gone wrong and then deal with the situation. SOD was right in this case!!

So you would have "examined the process and seek to find out what has gone wrong and then deal with the situation".

Genius.

Could you write to Lansdown on behalf of us all, please?

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

So you would have "examined the process and seek to find out what has gone wrong and then deal with the situation".

Genius.

Seems a sensible solution to me Nick 

You're not MA and teasing us are you BF ?

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Genius.

I'm sure that he has done just that and will have addressed the problems - maybe even parted company with some staff. He clearly thinks that it is worth continuing with Lee as head coach for the time being.  He has made his determination from a position of knowledge and experience. I respect that and him!

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I feel there is a "failure to understand the question " issue here.

Planet Mars to Planet Earth: This is not a Bristol City related question.

Again:

If you were a business owner.

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

Review the selection process first and foremost. If this requires a change then do so with aid of correct people (occupational psychologist) 

Maybe have a look at candidates who were applying and compare to the sub standard 16 on books now. 

Meeting with responsible person e.g. manager for bringing these people in and seeing the thought process etc behind it.

21 minutes ago, B block said:

But 2 wins in 5 months isn't a myth that's a fact

:redcard:. I hate to be the fact police but he has won 3 in 5 months. 4 years worth of this and we might make the play offs (if they let him keep all the points from all the previous seasons).

2 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Review the selection process first and foremost. If this requires a change then do so with aid of correct people (occupational psychologist) 

Maybe have a look at candidates who were applying and compare to the sub standard 16 on books now. 

Meeting with responsible person e.g. manager for bringing these people in and seeing the thought process etc behind it.

Cheers first sensible answer so far.

Then what?

Agree - think we are on the right lines here 

A review of the situation

I'd  recruit some more  (,hopefully better ) and replace the 16

And roll again 

:city:  :dance:

Cheers first sensible answer so far.

Then what?

No worries,

Then what... 

depends on answer you get from the manager and his reasoning for employing said people.

If the other candidates proved to be better options on paper and were over looked then that manager has a problem! 

If not then I think you can't blame him as he had chosen the best crop from a rubbish field. 

53 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Having actually operated and owned a very successful business for nearly 30 years, I would call the management together and grill them until I had a view of what was needed and then every person would be directed to carry out the tasks that were assigned.  In a football club, many of these issues must concern fitness, medical services, coaches, senior players, management and all support staff.  The focus has to be on fitness and performance because I feel that some players look as if they have struggled in recent games.  We don't know who carry knocks, strains, minor illnesses and the like.  We don't see the form and attitude of the players in training.  Maybe a sports psychologist would be useful. The whole squad should be pulled together and if there was a disruptive element, that should be dealt with in an appropriate manner.  A club us a big team and everyone had to do their bit......including fans!

I do own my own business....this.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

:redcard:. I hate to be the fact police but he has won 3 in 5 months. 4 years worth of this and we might make the play offs (if they let him keep all the points from all the previous seasons).

Please don't interrupt Ole   :redcard:

We are in the middle of sorting out a review process

Your co-operation would be appreciated :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

I'd employ several thousand people to sing and chant really positive messages of support to the 16 and hope that did the trick.

(To be honest, any sensible businessman wouldn't let me run a tap without support let alone his business so I'm the last person you should have asked)

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - think we are on the right lines here 

A review of the situation

I'd  recruit some more  (,hopefully better ) and replace the 16

And roll again 

:city:  :dance:

A man's got a heart hasn't he

Joking apart hasn't he

No worries,

Then what... 

depends on answer you get from the manager and his reasoning for employing said people.

If the other candidates proved to be better options on paper and were over looked then that manager has a problem! 

If not then I think you can't blame him as he had chosen the best crop from a rubbish field. 

Maybe but what if the manager had employed new 19 people, and notwithstanding potential alternative new recruits, of those 19 newbies, 16 were inferior to what was already at your work place? And what is more, those new employees were paid more than the existing recruits?

As a business owner, what would you do then?

In fact, what conclusions might you draw together?

16 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I'm sure that he has done just that and will have addressed the problems - maybe even parted company with some staff. He clearly thinks that it is worth continuing with Lee as head coach for the time being.  He has made his determination from a position of knowledge and experience. I respect that and him!

The run is shocking. Super shocking....but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. JP was a favourite with the fans...BUT was he part of the problem? I don't know, and neither (I suspect) do many of the fans

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Maybe but what if the manager had employed new 19 people, and notwithstanding potential alternative new recruits, of those 19 newbies, 16 were inferior to what was already at your work place? And what is more, those new employees were paid more than the existing recruits?

That I'd found 3 good ones ?

:yawn:

I would suggest that you consider your assessment. Some of these players may be investments for the future - a point I have made before. Maybe we have been too ambitious in buying players "for the future" and out players for the here and now are from overseas and struggling to get to the pace and intensity of the Championship.  Maybe the fault is in the process of deciding who to buy - maybe the board have been too greedy in thinking they can survive and still develop £1m players into £10m players on a regular basis.  It may have been "overcooked" although this is my speculation based upon zero knowledge if the real situation.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I would suggest that you consider your assessment. Some of these players may be investments for the future - a point I have made before. Maybe we have been too ambitious in buying players "for the future" and out players for the here and now are from overseas and struggling to get to the pace and intensity of the Championship.  Maybe the fault is in the process of deciding who to buy - maybe the board have been too greedy in thinking they can survive and still develop £1m players into £10m players on a regular basis.  It may have been "overcooked" although this is my speculation based upon zero knowledge if the real situation.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

That we might be in the kak.

At what point did the 16 become sub-standard? All at once or a gradual deterioration? Whats the difference between ok and sub-standard?

Then straight on the blower to ACAS.

(sorry Nick its Friday night)

1 minute ago, Der no.2 said:

That we might be in the kak.

At what point did the 16 become sub-standard? All at once or a gradual deterioration? Whats the difference between ok and sub-standard?

Then straight on the blower to ACAS.

(sorry Nick its Friday night)

bang on. The "rub of the green" is important. We've had sod all. Even had an apology from the Refs Association (or whatever it's called). Then we had "him" at Derby creating a decision for himself,,,, and we're neck deep We're due an almighty change of luck.

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I appreciate that this does not compare with your deep and comprehensive knowledge of the inner workings of the club.

Anyway, past my bedtime, goodnight!

Well, when you wake up, I have no "deep and comprehensive knowledge of the inner workings of the club".

I am simply asking a question. And I take on board your point that we might be buying candy for the future.

But, bearing in mind that our sweets may be nestling at the foot of the League One candy store nest season, I have to repeat my question:

If you were a business owner.

What would you do?

Archived