IGNORED

well, thats it then.

leadman

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why the **** would we want one of our failing players from this season to take over?

If the rumours are true that GON went to SL and spoke against boy wonder then he'll be in SLs bad books anyway and therefore has zilch chance of staying here in any capacity beyond his current contract.

I think only if GON was well respected in dressing room and could galvanise the players which might be our only hope Kid

It would very much be a last throw if the dice / temporary measure just to try and ensure survival

We don't know enough of what's gone on to know whether someone like GON would be suitable but I'm unconvinced that any new man coming in from outside could save us now

Maybe the Interbational break is literally out last chance saloon - we should be working and working on the training ground during that period with a plan for the remaining nine games

If we are going to change the new man would have to be in before this time to have any chance of effect

And I can't see LJ going anywhere tho @Baldyman and @Phileas Foggs posts give me a tiny tiny glimmer of hope 

The problem is that would probably require capitulation today and possibly next Friday , results which are likely to severely damage any hope of avoiding the drop and as much as I want Johnson out out out I want to avoid relegation more 

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Crazy talk, has significantly less managerial experience than LJ!

That is as maybe but he doesn't have a track record of failure and has to start somewhere.

Can't find the stats but I reckon rookie manager Tinnion had a better win % than LJ at the time he was sacked.

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

That is as maybe but he doesn't have a track record of failure and has to start somewhere.

Can't find the stats but I reckon rookie manager Tinnion had a better win % than LJ at the time he was sacked.

Just thought i'd check the stats

Tinnion 61 games - lose % 28%

Johnson 54 games - lose % 42%

OK, I've manipulated the figures - win % are LJ 37% with BT at 36%

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Decent shout, after today a new frontman would have a 9 game mini season. A new face,voice and ideas standing in front of the players would give them a massive boost imo. Joe Jordan once took over as our player manager with ( I think? ) 6 games to go and immediately turned our season around.

The supporters are on their knees and something needs to change, any change at all would benefit us at the moment.

Post of the day mate.

In some ways I admire Lansdown for sticking to his guns if he is 100% convinced that this guy is the best thing to hit football since records began, but I would like it if somebody from the board would come out and nail exactly why they believe he is that man. An experienced manager with a double success on his CV was considered a high risk and got the boot, a complete novice with no achievements is considered our best hope for the future.

If the board offered the job to the senior players in the squad (Wilbs/ O'Neil) until the end of the season I am convinced it would yield more points than what we are going to get through this dead duck. We are absolutely nailed on down with Johnson in charge and I am utterly convinced he will be the wrong man in charge at League 1 level too.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do you believe that the club give a shit about the fans ?

We are of little importance and,  worse, something of an embarassment to  Lansdown .

Quite simply Major...we as fans are concerned what goes on...on the pitch

Lansdown is concerned what goes on ......off the pitch. He is a businessman first and foremost.

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That 'no viable alternative' idea is nonsense. If you're a manager looking at this job you see SL who backs his managers, a good stadium, good squad to work with.. fan expectations currently very low.. if you keep us up you're a hero, if you don't it's LJ and SL's fault.

Lots of managers would jump at the chance. Managers have lots of self belief, lots would think they could easily keep us up.

Lansdown doesn't really back his managers, does he? 

Archived