IGNORED

Celtic v Rangers

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've got a season ticket, and your only real chance apart from that is knowing someone with a season ticket, going the hospitality route (Normally a match break package that includes a hotel) Or taking your chances outside of getting a spare. The guy who holds my season ticket ( he looks after several) ended up with 3 spare today.

Hey MD, hope you are well.  Guess he doen't know until last minute though?

1 minute ago, Red Army Faction said:

Hey MD, hope you are well.  Guess he doen't know until last minute though?

Yep fraid so, and tbh it is unusual to have one left over let alone 3. I think they may be easier to get again soon when they start playing each other a gazillion times a season like it was a few years back. They play each other in the semis at Hampden next month, so start searching now!

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

**** off Celtic, f***** off Rangers. I detest the pair of them. Religion and bigotry have no place in football and we are lucky they are locked away in a two bob league where their vile attitudes can stay well away from the rest of us.

True, it's not even a football match

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Just got back 5 minutes ago. Awful game for Celtic, I had a horrible feeling that equaliser was coming. I haven't had a chance to see it on TV yet but the Leigh Griffiths penalty appeal happened right in front of me and looked absolutely stonewall.

I went to the Dumbarton v Raith game yesterday which was far more enjoyable!

Yep blatant pen.

42 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've got a season ticket, and your only real chance apart from that is knowing someone with a season ticket, going the hospitality route (Normally a match break package that includes a hotel) Or taking your chances outside of getting a spare. The guy who holds my season ticket ( he looks after several) ended up with 3 spare today.

Yeh I know someone with 2 season tickets and only goes to the big games, he's said I can use the tickets any time but just haven't got round to it yet

17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why the **** anyone would anyone travel from Bedminster to Ashton Gate to watch City at the moment :)

Ark at e mind!

You know what I mean though. I just cant take that league seriously and cringe when I see celtic playing away and their fans (who outnumber the home fans) going absolutely nuts when they score their third or fourth goal.

I know its like this in a lot of foreign leagues but the fact sky does a lot of coverage of the spl pisses me off!

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ark at e mind!

You know what I mean though. I just cant take that league seriously and cringe when I see celtic playing away and their fans (who outnumber the home fans) going absolutely nuts when they score their third or fourth goal.

I know its like this in a lot of foreign leagues but the fact sky does a lot of coverage of the spl pisses me off!

Different strokes for different folks and all that. The Premier League in England bores me shitless, yet I watch as much Scottish stuff as I can!

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Just got back 5 minutes ago. Awful game for Celtic, I had a horrible feeling that equaliser was coming. I haven't had a chance to see it on TV yet but the Leigh Griffiths penalty appeal happened right in front of me and looked absolutely stonewall.

I went to the Dumbarton v Raith game yesterday which was far more enjoyable!

Oh, the glamour.

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Different strokes for different folks and all that. The Premier League in England bores me shitless, yet I watch as much Scottish stuff as I can!

Good point actually I used to love watching match of the day as a young un. U2 beautiful day at the intro. Those were the bloody days!

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

**** off Celtic, f***** off Rangers. I detest the pair of them. Religion and bigotry have no place in football and we are lucky they are locked away in a two bob league where their vile attitudes can stay well away from the rest of us.

Do you know what bigotry means? It means an intolerance towards someone who has a different view/opinion to yourself. Not necessarily anything to do with religion...you could be called a 'bigot' if you disagreed with a gashead...

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Why the **** anyone would travel all that way to watch scottish footy is madness!

I do it loads KW, it's fantastic following The Jags (Partick Thistle) - proper club, proper fans, a real connect between the club's hierarchy and the fans .......the manager used to pick me up from Glasgow Airport when I flew up and dropped me off there afterwards....but I was also doing it way before the EasyJet revolution....I've been all over Scotland watching the Harry Wraggs (Partick Thistle)....it's refreshing, it's real, it's honest, and it ain't as bad as ignorant people down south believe....Scottish football is not shit...

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I do it loads KW, it's fantastic following The Jags (Partick Thistle) - proper club, proper fans, a real connect between the club's hierarchy and the fans .......the manager used to pick me up from Glasgow Airport when I flew up and dropped me off there afterwards....but I was also doing it way before the EasyJet revolution....I've been all over Scotland watching the Harry Wraggs (Partick Thistle)....it's refreshing, it's real, it's honest, and it ain't as bad as ignorant people down south believe....Scottish football is not shit...

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

Give me the Scottish Prem' over our over-hyped Premiership any time, in fact I'd rather watch Conference football than the Premiership

Glad to see I'm not the only one- don't knock Scottish football until you've tried it!

I also prefer Conference stuff to the Premier League. I even went to the extent of taking a break from league football and watching a conference side for a whole season :)

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one- don't knock Scottish football until you've tried it!

I also prefer Conference stuff to the Premier League. I even went to the extent of taking a break from league football and watching a conference side for a whole season :)

think that will be the best and funniest post of the day.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Been reading quite a bit into the old firm clubs today and when the blue brother friendship was formed, interesting stuff. My uncle supports airdrie and for some reason I always liked Inverness!

To the lads that go up and support Celtic - serious question......

I'm going to presume that you may well have Irish blood in the family, but how do they feel about 'English' lads going up and following them? Could you find yourself in a difficult situation at all?

I was always Rangers when I was younger, mainly due to the English lot that went up and played for them, and always fancied going up and watching an OF game. Will get round to it one day, as a neutral now. Atmosphere looks amazing

33 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm going to presume that you may well have Irish blood in the family, but how do they feel about 'English' lads going up and following them? Could you find yourself in a difficult situation at all?

I was always Rangers when I was younger, mainly due to the English lot that went up and played for them, and always fancied going up and watching an OF game. Will get round to it one day, as a neutral now. Atmosphere looks amazing

Never had any issues at all with fellow Celtic fans, despite my very english accent.

I'd definitely advise getting up to watch a game, even if you lean towards the blue side. Been over a decade since I last attended a derby game and it still gives me chills thinking back to it. 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Been reading quite a bit into the old firm clubs today and when the blue brother friendship was formed, interesting stuff. My uncle supports airdrie and for some reason I always liked Inverness!

I've always had a soft spot for Albion Rovers, so I'm not that fond of Airdrie! Your uncle will have had a good weekend.

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I know a lot of English lot who watch Celtic, it isn't a problem. Some Celtic fans are bigots, some Rangers fans are bigots, as are some City and Rovers fans, but I promise you the talk in the pub before and after games tends to be about football rather than opinions on Anglo Irish political history :) 

4 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Never had any issues at all with fellow Celtic fans, despite my very english accent.

I'd definitely advise getting up to watch a game, even if you lean towards the blue side. Been over a decade since I last attended a derby game and it still gives me chills thinking back to it. 

That's good to read, that is the main thing that puts me off to be honest

Can't say I lean to the blue side anymore, I'd want them to win, but I'm not fussed about either club to be honest. I wanna be a Berwick Ranger, only live for sex and danger!

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know a lot of English lot who watch Celtic, it isn't a problem. Some Celtic fans are bigots, some Rangers fans are bigots, as are some City and Rovers fans, but I promise you the talk in the pub before and after games tends to be about football rather than opinions on Anglo Irish political history :) 

Again, good to know

Might look into going up next season

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Again, good to know

Might look into going up next season

I should also point out just how safe it is at the actual  game! I have no idea how many OF games I have been to, must be 20 odd  (and that includes games at Hampden where both sets of fans have to travel )and I have never seen a single bit of trouble in or near the ground. This tends to be down to how well policed it is, and the efforts the police go to keeping the sets of fans apart.  If you go to a city centre pub before or after the game you have no chance of getting in wearing colours, and each set of fans tend to go to 'their' pubs. The trouble that does happen tends to be way after the game has finished and beer has been drunk, and tends to be in the outlying areas. If you want to avoid trouble it is very easily done.

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I remember when Inverness had three teams....Inverness Thistle, Inverness Clachnacuddin and Caledonian...

Partick fans seriously dislike Airdrie for what they did to Clydebank.....Airdrie Utd went bust in 2002 then they took over Clydebank, closed that club down, relocated them to Airdrie and changed their name to Airdrieonians FC overnight, leaving Clydebank fans with no club....disgraceful...

I went to a cracking game at Clydebank once when the game I was on route to (Aberdeen vs Partick) was called off.

Clydebank lost 2-3 to Dunfermline that day, and Wet Wet Wet were at the game as they sponsored Clydebank at the time.

Also Airdrie were known as 'Little Chelsea' - they were hooligan wannabes and tried to form the same relationship with Chelsea that Rangers have...to no avail. 

I went to Partick vs Airdrieonians a while back and it went bang off during the game when the visitors unfurled huge Chelsea and England flags, hilarious stuff!

PS: little known fact, Clydebank had the UK's first all seater stadium, a lot of people think it was Pittodrie or Coventry but I believe the Bankies got there first!

Archived