IGNORED

Reason to admire Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown

Berkshire Red

11 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Hmmmmmmm. No.

Id say there's a good proportion of players that are just stuck there, a lot maybe disillusioned with their situations and some maybe just disgusted with the inept managing and tactics, they are laughing at LJ, he's a joke.

Is this what was (allegedly) said to you on Saturday?

13 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Of course, the players could've been happy just to win for once, for the team/themselves, in spite of LJ, and not because of LJ.

probably know that just enough keeps them up and keeps a full pay cheque coming in

17 hours ago, city2015 said:

While I understand the results have not been good enough of late, I honestly don't think a new manager is the long term fix for the club. Yes, if we go down then we may look back at the end of the season and say we could have had a new manager and a 'honeymoon period' which may have kept us up.

You lost me after this first paragraph. Are you seriously suggesting that going down under LJ would be better in the long term than replacing him, having a honeymood period and staying in the Championship where we could rebuild next season? This division is where its at. Relegation is disaasterous under any circumstances. Attendances would plummet, most of our squad would leave to other Championship sides, we would be level with the sags for the first time in nearly two decades and we would have to start all over from scratch... But youre telling me all that would be OK because we have a young British manager who has a good relationship with the board? Whoop de doo. You do realise that last season he lost nine successive games in League. 1? What signs are there that he would be capable of a promotion challenge next season? What signs are there that he could build a good squad and develop a style of football to take us forward? Show us the evidence or your post is nothing more than blind faith and wishful thinking.

League 1 football with golden child in charge... For me, this is the absolute nightmare scenario, and must be avoided at all costs. If that involves having to desperately make another change then so be it.

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

You lost me after this first paragraph. Are you seriously suggesting that going down under LJ would be better in the long term than replacing him, having a honeymood period and staying in the Championship where we could rebuild next season? This division is where its at. Relegation is disaasterous under any circumstances. Attendances would plummet, most of our squad would leave to other Championship sides, we would be level with the sags for the first time in nearly two decades and we would have to start all over from scratch... But youre telling me all that would be OK because we have a young British manager who has a good relationship with the board? Whoop de doo. You do realise that last season he lost nine successive games in League. 1? What signs are there that he would be capable of a promotion challenge next season? What signs are there that he could build a good squad and develop a style of football to take us forward? Show us the evidence or your post is nothing more than blind faith and wishful thinking.

League 1 football with golden child in charge... For me, this is the absolute nightmare scenario, and must be avoided at all costs. If that involves having to desperately make another change then so be it.

Let me quickly answer that for you.  There are no signs of anything other than a shambles.

Funny how he lost 9 consecutive games last season and then a similar amount this. Some would call it a trend.  And if in any other organization an employee racked up noticeable trends like this he'd be gone in a heartbeat.  Imagine a trader racking up two years of almost identical losses.  No way on earth would he get a third - despite any 'promising' signs.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Lee Johnson- no admiration at all.

Irritating man.

Steve Lansdown- Stadium.

The only thing to be proud of.

The rest of it, managerial appointments, Bristol sport, ticket prices etc is plain awful.

All in all not much to be proud of at this club anymore.

Despite all the money and spin, I still feel that we are run like a WI cake stall at the village fete.

16 hours ago, kivsy said:

Admirable if it was a experienced boss going through a tough time, however a rookie boss , who's spent millions, wasted 2 mill on engval , signs 16 players himself, yet only 3 are good enough for the squad ,and he wants 3 transfer windows ? Really.   You trust his judgment?  Contestant tinkering of the team, a player is motm in a game , next game , benched or out of the picture altogether. 3 wins from 25 , even the football we are playing looks like a poor league 1  level , ok he struck lucky with Tammy , without his goals we would be below Rotherham!  Really struggling to justify a season ticket again next year , he is a poor coach , I bet you any money if he's here next year we'll be having the same debate.    Very much Johnson out. 

That is pretty much all that needs to be said

17 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Agree, which is strange considering the "well informed" sources telling us that it is chaos and cliques on the training ground.

Now perhaps it has all gone "lord of the flies" at Failand ( I myself have thought so on occasion) but for the players to still look so committed and excited when we do actually score a goal gives me hope that all is not lost.

Hmmm win bonuses? being competitive people and wanting to win everything they take part in including five a side three card brag and ping pong ? Surely we have all been in situations where we are in the company of people we don't entirely get on with, but when something happens that we all like, we are "together" albeit fleetingly.

Johnson spoke about picking people "he can trust" wtf does that mean if everyone is united unless he is a total bullshitter. ?... oh hold on..

Celebrating is fuckall to do with supporting Johnson. I think the players should appreciate the support they have had this season and in the main I think they do.

12 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Hmmm win bonuses? being competitive people and wanting to win everything they take part in including five a side three card brag and ping pong ? Surely we have all been in situations where we are in the company of people we don't entirely get on with, but when something happens that we all like, we are "together" albeit fleetingly.

Johnson spoke about picking people "he can trust" wtf does that mean if everyone is united unless he is a total bullshitter. ?... oh hold on..

Celebrating is fuckall to do with supporting Johnson. I think the players should appreciate the support they have had this season and in the main I think they do.

Interesting opinion.

Archived