IGNORED

Chelsea v Man U

Super

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK if you say so.

But I will ask again would he have gone down in the street with similar contact?.

Not sure what you are going on about. Hazard was tripped clear foul.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Not sure what you are going on about.

OK I will try to simplify it for you, Hazard is jogging for a bus in Oxford street and similar contact to him is made by another Chelsea player let's say Costa (probably not the right 2 to pick because they would both go down) but anyway would he go down and roll around like he had been shot, it's actions after the foul I have an issue with.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

but anyway would he go down and roll around like he had been shot, it's actions after the foul I have an issue with.

It is irritating to see but "foreign" players seem to roll around excessively. If you've seen La Ligue on TV you'll have seen examples of it every game.

Sadly they've brought their Latino antics with them.......:facepalm:

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure what you are going on about. Hazard was tripped clear foul.

Therefore, every foul now justifies a yellow card.

That is the problem  these days. Just about every physical contact seems to be a foul ( unless it is the all in wrestling that goes for marking in the box for a corner!) and just about every foul seems to draw a yellow card.

None of us want to see the cynical and brutal tackling of the 70s and 80s, and do want to see skilful players getting better protection from referees, but what we have now is a sham and a licence for clever players to trick, deceive and con referees with their play acting and cheating.

Two cynical fouls rightfully given yellow cards for. United should have had plenty more of them too but still make themselves out to be the victims. Herrera was stupid enough to do it right after the ref had paused play to warn his teammates and also had got in the refs face after the first yellow card.

10 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

I will have a dream tonight that Joe Bryan can become a Antonio Valencia clone

What a player.

Keep dreaming. He is certainly one of the best Rb's in the Premier League.

12 hours ago, pikeysrobins said:

Never felt like a FA CUP match at any point. Lots of standing off and watching Chelsea passing the ball in a pedestrian way. Utd were very poor regardless of sending off.

Don't agree, Chelsea looked like a good quality CL side at times tbh- that was United yes standing off but also forced back a bit. That possession was tiki taka and a further evolving side under Conte. United were also hamstrung by injuries to strikers and a system, that didn't get the best out of them IMO.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't agree, Chelsea looked like a good quality CL side at times tbh- that was United yes standing off but also forced back a bit. That possession was tiki taka and a further evolving side under Conte. United were also hamstrung by injuries to strikers and a system, that didn't get the best out of them IMO.

Not to mention spending 2/3 of the game with 10 men. 

15 hours ago, cidercity said:

Another game ruined by an inept referee, when are the FA going to train these refs at all levels to a decent standard. Not a Man U or Chelsea fan but I was enjoying the. 11 v 11, too quick with his cards. Chelsea like a dive.

Your lucky to have any referees at all. They get abused form the moment they start reffing at the age of 14-15. If they get through the constant abuse from parents at youth level, they them go on to Sunday league abuse and threats of violence from the players. If they get through that, they then start the long road through the county leagues getting abused and threatened ( not always threats). The ones who have survived then start to referee in front of small crowds, another weekly 90 minutes of abuse and threats, where 'every' decision is questioned, at this level they also get the clubhouse abuse after the game. 

Then they get to the semi pro league stage, only the strong have survived to get to this level. All in all this has taken approximately ten years of abuse and threats. Eventually after 15 plus years of refereeing some will make it to the top. That's when they finally meet up with all the cheating,diving, over payed spoilt brats who try to con them for 90 mins.

You call them inept, I call them tough individuals that put up with 90 mins of shite just about every week, they do it because they love the game. Some are better than others, some make mistakes, but none of them are inept.

Want to try it??

17 hours ago, Rascal said:

Football is a noncontract sport, and if the player without the ball makes even the slightest of contact with the player who is in control of the ball its a foul, as soon as the player with the ball feels contact he is entitled to and expected to go to ground, as soon as he hits the ground it is deemed a foul, the person committing the foul will be warned for the first offence, and carded ever time he does it again, it's been like this for 10 years at least, and all the players know it they even practice it in training, if they get sent off for making contact with a opposing player on a number of occasions they have no one to blame but themselves. 

I think you will find it very much is.

4 hours ago, Super said:

So much for the clamp down from the FA. United players surrounding the Ref last night after the sending off yet I fully expect them to do nothing about it.

Charged with failing to control their players and rightly so

Apart from not seeing the stamp I thought Michael Oliver was Excellent in the face of constant pressure from both sides,  in his ear

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Charged with failing to control their players and rightly so

Apart from not seeing the stamp I thought Michael Oliver was Excellent in the face of constant pressure from both sides,  in his ear

Excellent news. Now hopefully a ban for Rojo for the stamp. Still i expect Hazard deserved that according to some.

Archived