IGNORED

Swindon

JHAGa

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brentford is closer to Bristol than Plymouth is.....I don't get this 'derby' thing when discussing the Pilgrims...and Reading is closer to Bristol than Exeter....is that a 'derby' too?!

it's only because Bristol is the capital of the West Country and the Pastie chompers are a bit short of local derbys

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Everywhere you visit ?

Don't flatter yourself - As negative as you view me I see you as one of the very worst desperately trying anything , saying anything to defend our failing Head Coach 

You don't like being challenged on your false claims or spin that you use as facts to defend LJ.  

Tough

Keeo posting bull and Ill challenge it

it's a forum 

I wouldn't bother mate, I reckon he has shares in vaseline.

i started following Swindon as a small lad some 40 years ago and have no annomosity with City and have seen them play many times including when you were in the old first division 76/77 I wasn't proud of the way some of the players reacted after the 1-0 win at the county ground and found it embarrassing and could understand the hatred aimed at the club after that. I hope that you stay up and look forward to playing you more than the gas or Oxford and can't understand why you're struggling as you have a decent chairmen where as we've been well and truly shafted by a single minded chairman  who will only do things his way and is taking us back into the basement and who knows what the future has in store there after 

27 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

i started following Swindon as a small lad some 40 years ago and have no annomosity with City and have seen them play many times including when you were in the old first division 76/77 I wasn't proud of the way some of the players reacted after the 1-0 win at the county ground and found it embarrassing and could understand the hatred aimed at the club after that. I hope that you stay up and look forward to playing you more than the gas or Oxford and can't understand why you're struggling as you have a decent chairmen where as we've been well and truly shafted by a single minded chairman  who will only do things his way and is taking us back into the basement and who knows what the future has in store there after 

Has he not got rid of all the debt that was left post Di Canio etc ST ?

( A good ole boy , long time Swindon season ticket holder told me )

Doesnt compensate for results but it should give you the chance to rebuild ?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

debt? well...they've had enough winding up orders...but people in glass houses etc

21 hours ago, JHAGa said:

You know what, what's the point in even responding in the future. I've not listed any 'excuses', I've simply explained why I don't vehemently blame or hate LJ like some on here do. Your immense anti-Johnson bias can't even accept when I've posted numerous valid points. I think he and the board have justly been criticised this season but I also sympathise with LJ over various things. I find a lot of the stuff you say about LJ to be biased 'drivel', as you put it. I've explained my opinions enough times. If you don't like my posts, you're free to use the block button.

I've been following City since I was a kid (90's), not that it's in any way relevant.

When do begin to grow up and reach voting age?

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

When do begin to grow up and reach voting age?

Seriously, bore off.

You actually get ridiculed for not slating the manager on this forum. It's embarrassing.

A load of moaners that act all big on the internet, organise supposed protests and then when it comes down to it, don't do anything and come back on the forum to slate an individual doing his best job again and again on repeat.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The club has been debt free for over a season but Power will only get young kids in to play this total possession football rubbish which clearly dosen't work in league one. Then the fans were sold up the garden path with the arrival of Sherwood in November which made things worse and now he has mysteriously disappeared with relegation looming. Not good for his CV 

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The club has been debt free for over a season but Power will only get young kids in to play this total possession football rubbish which clearly dosen't work in league one. Then the fans were sold up the garden path with the arrival of Sherwood in November which made things worse and now he has mysteriously disappeared with relegation looming. Not good for his CV 

is he not on the backroom staff?

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Never saw Sherwood coming in as good for the Club

Is it Williams or Power deciding the style of play. ?

We will be trying to copy Barca (FC17 version) next year in League One so should be good ! :blink:

I guess your trying a similar but cheaper philosophy to ours ((Buy cheap (or not !) and develop and sell for profit - Good to see they're both working well :blink: At least lack of £££  in your case means the philosophy is probably necessary - still depressing to watch no doubt  

Nobody is saying as he handed over the training and team selection duties back to Williams in early February, got banned from entering the ground for two games in mid Feb after having a go at the referee during the half time away at Bury and hasn't been seen or heard of since, but according to power he will still be here next season

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Nobody is saying as he handed over the training and team selection duties back to Williams in early February, got banned from entering the ground for two games in mid Feb after having a go at the referee during the half time away at Bury and hasn't been seen or heard of since, but according to power he will still be here next season

Sounds a mess - at least everything is all good down here

Owner with finger on pulse , up and coming bright Coach ;)

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

so is Lansdown taking lessons from Power or is Power taking lessons from Lansdown

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

so is Lansdown taking lessons from Power or is Power taking lessons from Lansdown

Power dosen't listen to anybody and at the moment he's more interested in his second club Waterford and getting them into the champions league qualifiers. If that's not his priority then it's his horses or beloved Millwall 

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Power dosen't listen to anybody and at the moment he's more interested in his second club Waterford and getting them into the champions league qualifiers. If that's not his priority then it's his horses or beloved Millwall 

fair enough. City's owner also seems distracted with his finger in many pies policy

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Never saw Sherwood coming in as good for the Club

Is it Williams or Power deciding the style of play. ?

We will be trying to copy Barca (FC17 version) next year in League One so should be good ! :blink:

I guess your trying a similar but cheaper philosophy to ours ((Buy cheap (or not !) and develop and sell for profit - Good to see they're both working well :blink: At least lack of £££  in your case means the philosophy is probably necessary - still depressing to watch no doubt  

It's definitely Power telling Williams how the team plays and when Sherwood was involved in January Williams wasn't even told what loan players were coming into the club until the deals were done. The club has gone backwards and a little like Coventry where nobody is interested anymore that's why the crowds are so poor and next season Power will have a team of under 23's in the hope that he can sell the odd nugget as the fans will be staying away while he's in charge 

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's definitely Power telling Williams how the team plays and when Sherwood was involved in January Williams wasn't even told what loan players were coming into the club until the deals were done. The club has gone backwards and a little like Coventry where nobody is interested anymore that's why the crowds are so poor and next season Power will have a team of under 23's in the hope that he can sell the odd nugget as the fans will be staying away while he's in charge 

Sympathies - sounds like a bumpy road still to come

Think , if we get relegated we may find it as difficult to turn momentum - Seems some here remember he title season and forget how long it had been before we achieved that

9 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

On a different topic, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Will Henry? Saw his mistake Tuesday, but largely seen positive reviews.

He's a cracking young goalkeeper and only played last night because Vigs and two others allegedly went out on the Town Saturday night and got in some sort of bother. The goal he gave away was a perfect example of a young kid trying to play his way out from the back which Power likes to see but made him look stupid. I've no doubts he will be the first choice goalkeeper once Power sells Vigs on and gets a tidy profit 

22 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I've experienced them and dozens of games against them , thanks

Starting a thread and Taking the p out of them when we ourselves are a shambles 

Doesnt seem too clever to me

Things can change so quick, remember the NLBR thread?

Why someone even got banned for stating that we should cool it because....well we know the rest. 

On this morning's news; Swindon Town fans have offered their Council £1.1 million to buy the ground from the Council.

Given Bristol's (alleged) apathy, would we ever work together and raise enough cash to buy AG, or the gasheads a UWE site?

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

On this morning's news; Swindon Town fans have offered their Council £1.1 million to buy the ground from the Council.

Given Bristol's (alleged) apathy, would we ever work together and raise enough cash to buy AG, or the gasheads a UWE site?

I saw this too. Their Supporters Trust group had a meeting last night and agreed to try and raise the money through a share scheme. The council had previously agreed to sell them the ground for £1.1m. Now all they got to do is raise the money! They said they needed to own their own ground, I think the owner (Power) said he wasn't interested himself. (?). The ST person said it needed developing as they still had portaloos etc and without help it will still look the same in 20 years time. Now I haven't been there for 25/30 years, and it was rough back then, we had some real edgy games with them back in the day.

There's something going on in Swindon. Their speedway circuit is a longer drawn out saga than the UWE in Bristol. That stadium is owned by "old friends" Gaming International (think Plainmoor etc). Here's some quotes from a speedway forum.

I've just checked out 'Smart New Homes' which is the development in Blunsdon and it clearly states in one of the current property's details under local facilities that Abbey Stadium, popular for Speedway and Greyhounds, is due to have a 5 million pound revamp!

Is that a similar £5 million revamp that was carried out at MK and Reading.           (both now closed and housing estates).

Don't forget the orginal one in Bristol !!          

Archived