IGNORED

GJ heart surgery - card sorted

'Orns

Get well Gary - Always Believe!!

My youngest daughter was born with a rare congenital heart disorder and three years back, had complex heart surgery at Bristol Children's Hospital - She was only 5 years old at the time.  The treatment, care, support and love she has received there and from those people working at the hospital, and in the years prior and since, has been far beyond anything her mam and I could have ever hoped for.

God Bless our NHS and those people working in it!!

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Reckon we should get Robbored to hand deliver it....

Now now, we can't get GJ's blood pressure up. It's bad enough he probably watched us lot on Sky from his bed in the BRI. Everytime we scored, the nurses were all in a dither I don't doubt.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Right. You lot better be nice to me for a bit. 

I ordered a giant card, took all the messages and stuck them in the card and I'll be posting it off to Cheltenham FC with a covering letter tomorrow. 

Voila!

IMG_9552.PNG

IMG_9519.JPG

IMG_9520.JPG

Good stuff. Hope he likes the few jokes that made the final card! Especially @Gazred's corker about managing two teams at the same time.

Super work dear.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Reddrive said:

Thanks for doing this Dolly. I sure GJ will love it. Make him realise that he still has many friends at Ashton Gate. 

I'm sure he realised that the night he was working for Sky against Swindle - remember the TV "studio" being in A block of the Dolman Stand, and the blocks next to him all started doing the "Bounce around the ground" chant

Agree he will always be remembered for that great promotion and getting so close to the prem

It's quite surprising that Gary has never been back to Ashton Gate in the opposition's dugout in the seven years since he left. I know he's been back on Sky but he'd be sure to get a great welcome.

Maybe another Father vs Son match could be on the cards somewhere down the line. Hopefully 2022 when it's City vs Cheltenham in the Premier League. ;)

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tbf, for someone who had major heart surgery two weeks ago, he looks really well. Obviously lost a few kilos too. Glad he is on the mend. Nice pic of LJ and his little one in the background too.

Must have been filmed before @Dollymarie's card arrived as I'm sure he'd have made that take pride of place! :thumbsup:

Archived