IGNORED

Jermaine Defoe: England Squad

supercidered

Defoe really looks after himself. No beer or spirits, only the healthiest of food. I was lucky to see him play in Toronto, but he left as he had little competition. Point that it raises though, is the England team and Championship clubs able to develop young talent into proven goalscores. Two years from now, what eill the England team look like?

17 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Defoe really looks after himself. No beer or spirits, only the healthiest of food. I was lucky to see him play in Toronto, but he left as he had little competition. Point that it raises though, is the England team and Championship clubs able to develop young talent into proven goalscores. Two years from now, what eill the England team look like?

Maybe England will be able to develop in to a team that doesn't play with a striker at times (as an option). Successful teams have done it before and with the attacking midfielders we have in the squad it could be an option. Soz if that sounded a bit like LJ then!

3 hours ago, supercidered said:

Good grief. Really good player but is it really that bad that a 34 year old is in the squad?:englandflag: Lets pull out all the stops and see if Shearer fancies another go!

Miroslav Klose played for Germany until he was 36. Didn't do a bad job!  Get the point though. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

Hasn't done anything yet at International level.

Neither has Defoe at 34. Not that I suspect you are, but i wouldn't write Kane off after one disastrous tournament, he's the best English striker we've got

8 minutes ago, LC_ said:

Neither has Defoe at 34. Not that I suspect you are, but i wouldn't write Kane off after one disastrous tournament, he's the best English striker we've got

No of course not i rate Kane.

Archived