IGNORED

A different take on LJ

Robbored

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The point being that to have three (admitted) referring mistakes go against you is a reflection of the poor luck that City have had.

As you say those apologies will count for nothing if City go down.

And luck / decisions are a 2 way street

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes Fergie nearly went but before he joined Manure, he'd already won a European Cup Winners Cup at Aberdeen. Hardly in the same league as Junior. Don't spout such drivel Robbored.

Are you deliberately missing the point?  :dunno: or are you just being accidentally dim?

Btw......tell me the last time any City won anything other than the odd promotion and the Mickey Mouse cup?

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm not defending LJ, but why are you not demanding a letter of apology from the 11 playes on the pitch, as they were the ones that crumbled and threw away 3 and 2 goal leads?

Because Johnson selected, coached them and they were playing the tactics he dictated. If you believe it is the players  responsibility for all of the above why have a Manager at all. In fact with Johnson we would have to be better off letting the players make it up as they go along because that is all he does.

I can agree with the view to an extent and I definitely think it's how SL sees things.

However it seems to me that most football managers who end up being successful show it in one form or another fairly quickly. It could be argued that LJ did show some aptitude at his other clubs and from January - October last year at City, but the form since then has been more than just a bad patch and it remains to be seen whether or not it has an end. I'm not sure there are any successful managers that have endured quite such a sustained period of poor form and gone on to be a success with the same club.

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Taste and bad come to mind considering GJ's current predicament

Don't be so touchy. My sister had three stents inserted and went home the next day. If that's what GJ had done, he could even be allowed to go to Ashton Gate tonight. I'm not unsympathetic about him but to need a triple by-pass at his age means he probably hasn't looked after his body as well as he should have. Overweight and excess stress?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Heard an interesting view on LJ yesterday at Senior Reds.

The speaker was happy that SL had supported LJ recently after the calls for his sacking from some of the fans.

Why?

Apparently Junior is a terrific coach and was/is the target of other clubs before he joined City. 

The speaker went on to say that Junior is only 34 and very young to be in the position but used McInness as an example. When Mac joined City he was the best manager in Scotland but failed here at City. Mac returns to Scotland and has yet again become successful.

His point being that Junior will alomost certainly  become a successful manager and it would have been disappointing to dismiss him and he then goes elsewhere to become a success. He pointed out that LJ has been desperately unlucky. Losing only by one goal and that he'd had three letters of apology from the referees association regarding three errors that went against City, including Wilbrahams disallowed goal against Burton. He said some of lady luck had gone our way at Wigan.......karma in other words.

He added that because of his inexperience he's made formation and tactical errors along with selections but is learning on the job and will benefit from those experiences. LJs potential is recognised by SL.

All very interesting I thought and the pineapple tart and ice cream was gert lush!

The bits I have highlighted, there is no evidence whatever to support these opinions.

I don't get puddings like pineapple tart - never have done, if I'm honest.

I think it is because pineapple when ripe is so absolutely wonderful, it does not need messing with, or having custard on it.

It is so sweet, natural and wonderful it should be had unadulterated.

It's a bit like putting tomato ketchup all over a fillet steak: don't do it.

As for Lee Johnson - why doesn't he just **** off?

:yes:

tfj

19 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I bet that after you got your leg over for the first time - you learned on the job!  Same for Lee!

I could tell you a funny story about " learning on the job".   Not suitable for otib tho...........:cool:

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't be so touchy. My sister had three stents inserted and went home the next day. If that's what GJ had done, he could even be allowed to go to Ashton Gate tonight. I'm not unsympathetic about him but to need a triple by-pass at his age means he probably hasn't looked after his body as well as he should have. Overweight and excess stress?

Ok, but we don't know the extent of his problem so to compare it to your sister may not be accurate. Further I know plenty of very fit people who have expired because of heart failure so to use the overweight and stressful argument is quite frankly a load of bollox.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Idiot.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

Indeed you are so go back to answering my questions about washing a car. Take you time as I appreciate that your lunch will appear through the hatch in your door very soon.

Archived