IGNORED

A different take on LJ

Robbored

I respect the speaker's opinion and agree it is entirely possible LJ could become a great manager in the future. At the same time, it is a massive gamble for two reasons:

1) We're jeopardising our short-term future in the meantime. We should not be deceived by how well we did under Cotts - League One is not an easy league to get back out of and it may be it takes us much longer to do so next time.

2) Lots of managers show early potential and make it but plenty of others fall by the wayside. To a greater or lesser extent Steve McLaren, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Karl Robinson and even our good friend Sean O'Driscoll are all examples of managers that were highly-tipped at one point or other but never quite delivered what was expected of them.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Even by the admittedly incredibly low standards of simplistic nonsense from the OP (this forum's Forrest Gump) this may well be a nadir.

Are you saying 'life is not really like a box of chocolates'??

:bruce_h4h:

tfj 

:rofl2br:

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Are you saying 'life is not really like a box of chocolates'??

:bruce_h4h:

tfj 

:rofl2br:

That phrase always p'd me off. You do know what you're going to get in a box of chocolates due to the helpful card that's on the top. This is why the coffee cremes are always left.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That phrase always p'd me off. You do know what you're going to get in a box of chocolates due to the helpful card that's on the top. This is why the coffee cremes are always left.

Unless you only eat after 8's

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why do they bother with any of the soft centres?

They are all bloody disgusting.

Soft centres: the Lee Johnson's of the chocolate world.

Good post.

:thumbsup:

tfj

P.S. Hang on BigTone is back from the gents with Robbored .............

53 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm not defending LJ, but why are you not demanding a letter of apology from the 11 playes on the pitch, as they were the ones that crumbled and threw away 3 and 2 goal leads?

These 11 players are playing under the instruction of the manager/head coach and his master game plan. 

A comparison with Eddie Howe gets banded about, but it is an interesting one. He made the step up to manage Burnley, didn't do particularly well (not as bad as LJ) and then made the step back to manage Bournemouth again where the result is for all to see.

I still doubt very much that LJ will turn things around here, but if he is sacked, I wouldn't be surprised for him to go back down to League 1 and make a success of himself, taking learnings from this experience with him.

To that extent I can see where the speaker if coming from, although as I say I'm not convinced it will happen for him here.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

So did Robbored get caught having an "American pie" moment with a pie?

Far from it.  The man is legend and commands TOTAL respect.

Said it before but fair play Robbo. Was she modelling before you met her ?

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

A comparison with Eddie Howe gets banded about, but it is an interesting one. He made the step up to manage Burnley, didn't do particularly well (not as bad as LJ) and then made the step back to manage Bournemouth again where the result is for all to see.

I still doubt very much that LJ will turn things around here, but if he is sacked, I wouldn't be surprised for him to go back down to League 1 and make a success of himself, taking learnings from this experience with him.

To that extent I can see where the speaker if coming from, although as I say I'm not convinced it will happen for him here.

Who, FFS, is comparing Lee Johnson with Eddie Howe???

Eddie Howe has not had the supreme losing runs Lee has, is not hated by the Bournemouth fans, and has his team clear of the relegation zone.

No.

Lee is clearly much better at putting Steve's plan into action.

tfj

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Who, FFS, is comparing Lee Johnson with Eddie Howe???

Eddie Howe has not had the supreme losing runs Lee has, is not hated by the Bournemouth fans, and has his team clear of the relegation zone.

No.

Lee is clearly much better at putting Steve's plan into action.

tfj

yeah but what about Robbored. Fair play & total respect to the Studmuffin of OTIB.

I'm JEALOUS !!

Archived