IGNORED

Blackburn, Burton, Forest

italian dave

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It wasn't roundly laughed at - it was just (correctly) pointed out that the average over the last ten seasons is below that. 

And when it was pointed out that averages are irrevelant, that was dismissed.

Some people were saying 43-44 which was laughable at the time and even more so now 

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not disastrous. 

Happy with those two results. It's now back in our hands.

It was always in our hands, we still have to play a few teams around us.

The teams around us probs still have to play each other, both teams can't get 3 points so on those occasions one team is always going to drop points.

I was thinking back to our last relegation season.  At the tail end of that season,  whatever our result Peterborough always seemed to match our better it, even though eventually went down with us.

This season has a worryingly similar feel with all the other teams seemingly capable of getting results each week. We've gained on both Forest and Blackburn, but Burton could maintain their position and I can see the season going to the death with 3/4 teams all remaining in danger. 

The Major will have to get in additional stocks of his special oil if we find our selves in that position. 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Well looking at what Blackburn and Burton are doing/have done to Preston and Brentford, we can go into those two games confident of getting a result.

Brentford slipping down the league steadily now if they lose they are 15/16th on 47 points.

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

Am I right in thinking that if it stays like this after todays games, Rotherham will be 24 points from safety with 24 points to play for?

Yep, and with their -50 goal difference they'd basically be down.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We have to take the attitude if Burton can beat Brentford up we should be capable of getting a result there

Tbf to Burton they are pulling out some great results and deserve to stay up

They'll deserve to stay up if they finish outside the bottom 3 Bob! Although I get what you're saying; they are punching well above their weight and they're certainly putting up a good fight.

3 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

With it being a derby and both teams having new Managers, you would suspect a draw at the City ground while Burton have to win today IMHO. Their run in is probably the toughest of all the teams fighting to stay up.

While I commend Burton on their first season at this level, let's be honest we all thought they would go down, that run in is hard and I think they will drop with Wigan and Rotherham, If they do, they gave it a right good go and if they survive, all strength to them!

no we didn't

Archived