IGNORED

Blackburn, Burton, Forest

italian dave

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Brentford have now done enough to be out of it now and I also reckon there is no way back for Wigan or Rotherham so it is one from seven teams separated by 6 points. 

If we can get two wins from our next 4 - which is achievable - that will hopefully pull Ipswich and Birmingham right into it and things will start to look a lot brighter...

I think Wolves, Ipswich and Birmingham will get the 6 points they need to pretty much guarantee safety.

I also think Blackburn will slow down a little again now, Forest may have a little pick up from the new manager and Burton are really going to struggle with their run in.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think Wolves, Ipswich and Birmingham will get the 6 points they need to pretty much guarantee safety.

I also think Blackburn will slow down a little again now, Forest may have a little pick up from the new manager and Burton are really going to struggle with their run in.

Beginning to look very much like 1 from us, Forest, Burton & Blackburn to join Wigan & Rotherham... probably going to the wire

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where do those people that like to say "we're down", as if this remaining games are an irrelevance, go on weekends like this?

Maybe they're pleasantly surprised by our fine performance last night and are enjoying a good weekend for City?

If you look at all those below 50 points, it's basically three from 9 (though more realistically 2 from 8 thanks to Rotherham being one loss from all but mathematic relegation).

Think Wolves' extra game will rule them out, as their form is half decent, but there are a few who've really spiralled recently.  Ipswich look vulnerable, while Birmingham's goal difference hurts them in the context of so many teams on similar points totals.

It is all about our own performances and results though; we'll need to hope Brentford have got all their goals out of their system today before our visit, and Preston will be tough - two points from those two matches would be great; three or would would be fantastic.

Hope we can get to 45 quickly, them reach for 50 - that may not be enough this year, but I'll feel much better when we've closer to it than we are now.

IMG_3171.PNG

Ipswich and Birmingham are still in it.

I will say, today results went as well as we could realistically hope. You will never get all of them falling your way but to:

• See ourselves above Blackburn, Forest, Burton going into international break is great.
  • Wigan losing again- 7 points major at this stage.
  • Ipswich slipping into the scrap- they draw a lot so they should be ok but they are on a bad run.
  • Birmingham still in amongst it.
  • That Burton collapse from 3-1 up will be disastrous for their morale. Which is great for us!

Wolves winning the only big red flag. Oh and Blackburn's next 2 games are only Brighton and Reading away so we have a major opportunity there!

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Absolutely no chance, their run in is beyond hideous!!

I said this when they were seemingly heading for 3 points and would therefore be in a much more comfortable position compared to us, forest, Blackburn etc.

They do have a horrid run in that is true... but as we proved with 4/0 last night and 2/2 at Newcastle you can still get things from these games.

Archived