IGNORED

Blackburn, Burton, Forest

italian dave

Some on here like to make out they know how's it going to end but this weekend just shows how quickly things can change. Two games ago we were in the relegation zone, couldn't buy a win, and the teams above us had games in hand. Suddenly we're 19th off the back of our best performance of the season, and everyone's played the same number of games. Plenty of twist and turns to come no doubt!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ipswich and Birmingham are still in it.

I will say, today results went as well as we could realistically hope. You will never get all of them falling your way but to:

• See ourselves above Blackburn, Forest, Burton going into international break is great.
  • Wigan losing again- 7 points major at this stage.
  • Ipswich slipping into the scrap- they draw a lot so they should be ok but they are on a bad run.
  • Birmingham still in amongst it.
  • That Burton collapse from 3-1 up will be disastrous for their morale. Which is great for us!

Wolves winning the only big red flag. Oh and Blackburn's next 2 games are only Brighton and Reading away so we have a major opportunity there!

Burton have Huddersfield and Newcastle Away too! Great chance. Even Forest are away for both at PNE then Wolves, can't see them winning either. Come on City!

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

The suggestion that we might need 50 points was roundly laughed at on here two months ago.  Might even be 51 needed

indeed ~I had people telling me 44 would be enough, I've always maintained that 50 points is the minimum this season and then we may still need a few more

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

indeed ~I had people telling me 44 would be enough, I've always maintained that 50 points is the minimum this season and then we may still need a few more

Always 50 agree! Was debating with some people and low point tallies had been banded around but I won't be surprised if a side is relegated with 52 points (just an example).

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Some on here like to make out they know how's it going to end but this weekend just shows how quickly things can change. Two games ago we were in the relegation zone, couldn't buy a win, and the teams above us had games in hand. Suddenly we're 19th off the back of our best performance of the season, and everyone's played the same number of games. Plenty of twist and turns to come no doubt!

It`s one of the things that makes this wonderful game what it is though, great isn`t it?

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Seems to be the case when a team completely bombs. With Rotherham getting so few points, they have to have gone somewhere. Wth three points for a win, it can all change very quickly. 

1 hour ago, Gazinpeace said:

I liken the Bristol Derby but it does tend to be an excuse for the idiots on both sides to have a punch-up. Will go if we have one, but come in and get away quickly.

I hate it because for us nothing good can ever come out of it. We will always be the favourites and if we win then it's an expected win and just feels like a relief, if we lose then for the next ten years all I ever hear is the score line shouted at me.

I'm just glad we won the last one because I no longer hear about the trophy defeat.

Everyone in Bristol then becomes worst enemies for those couple of weeks, I've had really good friends refuse to speak to me in that period just because I'm a City fan. They can't be seen to be siding with the enemy. 

Nothing ever good comes out of the Bristol Derby. 

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I hate it because for us nothing good can ever come out of it. We will always be the favourites and if we win then it's an expected win and just feels like a relief, if we lose then for the next ten years all I ever hear is the score line shouted at me.

I'm just glad we won the last one because I no longer hear about the trophy defeat.

Everyone in Bristol then becomes worst enemies for those couple of weeks, I've had really good friends refuse to speak to me in that period just because I'm a City fan. They can't be seen to be siding with the enemy. 

Totally agree mate, we can never be the `winners`. If we win the game it`s just expected, money talks, we can afford better players, poor little ragbag Rove*rs blah blah blah and if they do it`s like they`ve won the World Cup.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

There's banter and bragging rights but not talking to you for 2 weeks!! If I was in that position I'd question wether they were my 'Really good mates'

The Bristol Derby is an awesome fixture but I don't crave it enough that I want them promoted or the other unthinkable prospect

Blackburn won't be going down if their performance against us on Saturday is anything to go by.

Although we weren't at our best, they were outstanding apart from the first and last 15 minutes when we got on top. Joao up front was unplayable and Mowbray seems to have really got them going.

They look too good to go down and have some very good players, so if they cut out the conceding of late goals they should survive. Your game at Ewood in a few weeks will be very, very tough.

I think Burton are going to fill the final slot personally. They've done really well this season but gravity is catching up with them now at this level.

2 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Blackburn won't be going down if their performance against us on Saturday is anything to go by.

Although we weren't at our best, they were outstanding apart from the first and last 15 minutes when we got on top. Joao up front was unplayable and Mowbray seems to have really got them going.

They look too good to go down and have some very good players, so if they cut out the conceding of late goals they should survive. Your game at Ewood in a few weeks will be very, very tough.

I think Burton are going to fill the final slot personally. They've done really well this season but gravity is catching up with them now at this level.

Are Blackburn Rovers as good as Huddersfield ? 

8 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

No, but nor are we..

You don't quite get my message  but that's ok , it's my fault .

We beat Huddersfield who are better than Blackburn so in theory we should give them a good game and be in with a strong possibility of getting something from it . There you go .

Posts made easy with the Major .

;)

Archived