IGNORED

Ipswich town

Alwaystomorrow

Just read some comments on their fans forum. Amazing that their comments are very similar to ours, before last nights results. Want manager out, can't understand why the owner is not acting to get rid of him. They are really worried about relegation as the team playing with no passion. Cole Skuse getting some stick as well.

they are on a downward spiral and we all know what happens when results are poor and you get in a downward spiral.

reckon they could really get dragged into the relegation battle. They might draw enough games to survive

the general opinion is that McCarthy will be going at the end of the season out of choice, the team know that and are not putting the effort in.

All football are pretty much the same particularly when things are not going well on the pitch.

I looked at the AV forum not that long back to see what they think of Kodjia. Guess what? They're views are the same as ours were especially the fact they paid 15m for him.

Moaning about Steve Bruce as well. They probably like him now they're doing a bit better....

I thought they were poor at Ashton gate, as was cole skuse. For me losing away to them was the point at which I turned against Johnson. 

So not surprised they're fed up. Think there are worse teams than them this year, but would not be at all surprised to see them in the thick of of it next season. 

2 hours ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Them and Birmingham are the 2 that could dragged in whilst teams like wolves and possibly Forest pull away.

Ipswich play Birmingham next match. Think I'd prefer an Ipswich win to keep Birmingham - who have a v bad goal difference - in touching distance 

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t Birmingham have someone like Brighton away on the Tuesday afterwards too?

Yes. Followed by the return of Rowett in their match after that! (Not that I'm obsessing about catching Birmingham or anything!)

3 hours ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Them and Birmingham are the 2 that could dragged in whilst teams like wolves and possibly Forest pull away.

Ironic really when you think that Brum were doing nicely until they decided to go for a "name" Manager and Ipswich and some of our fans  think that's the way to success.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ironic really when you think that Brum were doing nicely until they decided to go for a "name" Manager and Ipswich and some of our fans  think that's the way to success.

A ' name ' manager is not the same as a ' name ' ex-player .

I would have preferred a ' safe ' pair of hands for a season or two to establish our club in the Championship with the backbone of the team in place rather than gamble on a young coach who is still learning the trade . 

Mick McCarthy would have been perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A ' name ' manager is not the same as a ' name ' ex-player .

I would have preferred a ' safe ' pair of hands for a season or two to establish our club in the Championship with the backbone of the team in place rather than gamble on a young coach who is still learning the trade . 

Mick McCarthy would have been perfect. 

On the face of it I guess it is a plan. Not sure which Managers would be happy to go to a club knowing that the club had no ambition beyond treading water until a better option comes along.

I wonder how the fans would react to the couple of years of stagnation knowing the club are not interested in developing, and the same for the players.

What do you do if if it doesn't work either positively or negatively? 

In the meantime 6 more clubs with parachute payments are added to the league.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Dont know why Mick is getting some stick he has done very well on a small budget!

After missing out on promotiom a couple of years its been tough to compete.

There seems to be the assumption that Ipswich are a big club, with a big budget, but Mick has to make do with scraps. The January window signing were a perfect illustration. Lower league players - e g Kieffer Moore from Forest Green. Cast offs - e g free agent Jordon Spence. Players from other Championship clubs who were in the reserves. He might be getting better results if he had SL giving him some real money to spend 

33 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There seems to be the assumption that Ipswich are a big club, with a big budget, but Mick has to make do with scraps. The January window signing were a perfect illustration. Lower league players - e g Kieffer Moore from Forest Green. Cast offs - e g free agent Jordon Spence. Players from other Championship clubs who were in the reserves. He might be getting better results if he had SL giving him some real money to spend 

Perhaps SL will in the Summer? :whistle2:

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

On the face of it I guess it is a plan. Not sure which Managers would be happy to go to a club knowing that the club had no ambition beyond treading water until a better option comes along.

I wonder how the fans would react to the couple of years of stagnation knowing the club are not interested in developing, and the same for the players.

What do you do if if it doesn't work either positively or negatively? 

In the meantime 6 more clubs with parachute payments are added to the league.

It's never a case of stagnating but for me a Championship experienced manager should have  been bought in to guide our young and inexperienced side .

Maybe Mad Mick would have got us promoted ! 

At least I couldn't see a relegation dogfight with someone like him in charge .

11 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Looks like Ipswich fans have got a similar view of Skuse as many of us had in his last couple of seasons at AG.

He can look good in a strong team, but nothing extra to offer as an individual in a more mundane one.

Bingo. CS is an average champ player (nowt wrong with that) but isn't someone who will drive you into a top 6 position if he doesn't have the players around him. I wouldn't take him back now above the (IMO) already better Smith/Pack/GON and with the potential to be better Brownhill.

As for Mad Mick generally, he's said that not getting relegated is success for him and I'd prob agree with his limited resources. Would imagine they'll stay up and he'll move on with reputation unblemished.

Who better to speak out on the issue than an actual supporter of the team in question - and a long suffering one at that.

You probably won't see everything that goes on at our club from the other side of the country but as someone who is involved in every game you can take it from me it's a worrying state of affairs right now.    Talk of relegation (I can't ever recall being outside of the top two divisions) but in truth, I don't see it happening.    There's worse teams than ourselves in this league - and that will be the ultimate salvation.

Our owner has a personal fortune of some 700 million but as for spending on the team, will be a long day in January before any substantial expense will be put forward to strengthen the team.    We make do with loan signings - some names many of us have never even heard of, and a number are finding it hard to fit in.   The thing is, we actually have the making of a good team - Bialkowski and Gerken for example are two very good goalkeepers - but the manager is so incompetent he makes your Lee Johnson (is that his name) resemble Jock Stein or Bob Paisley.   Seriously, couldn't put into effect how some supporters view him without use of expletives.      Easily has now become one of the most unwanted names here in club history.

Evans the owner, McCarthy and Ian Milne (Managing Director) are three names that are keeping the club so far behind we've already lost a good five years on some other teams within this division.  If that wasn't bad enough the new season ticket prices were released recently and if the new figures are to be believed they've now alienated fans even further.  (Under 12's and 60 plus face a considerable rise in cost) and when you take into consideration the amount of rubbish we're having to endure season after season, many fans are being insulted to be asked higher price to follow a team that has lost all direction in recent years and seem light years away from ever getting back to the premier league.      If the team were to fall into league One in a few weeks it would be a very sad predicament for a team that was playing (and beating) Europe's best as recent as 16 years back and on the verge of Champions League qualification.    That said, I still don't believe it will come to that.

One or two replies in the above that McCarthy could be a future candidate for Bristol City manager.  Take it from me, get the idea out your heads or concentrate on something else.    Shark in charge of a swimming pool comes immediately to mind.

On a final note, it didn't go unnoticed that after the  4 - 0  win your team had very recently some supporters were asking for Johnson to be given plaudits and recognition all on the basis of one score alone.   Now, I don't suggest telling your fans how to behave or what to do - far from it - but the point is, there are immediate comparisons with ourselves and what has occurred this season.

You don't endure a very poor season and be subject to game after game of poor performance and results by the manager and have a sudden turn around all on the basis of one standout score,   Guess I speak for all teams that seeing one fine result won't compensate for the dozens before it that ended in abject failure and brought nothing but shame or embarrassment upon the club.    

All teams have their fickle support, but some of us aren't so forgiving is the best point being put across here. 

Archived