IGNORED

International break

Inactive user

8 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Can't help thinking it's come at a crap time for us.

Whilst other teams around us are finding tough going, we had just started to click up a gear and get some performances in.

Shame we'll lose a bit of momentum now. 

There are pros and cons .

I have absolutely no interest in international football unless a City player is involved .

The break comes at a time where confidence is high so hopefully the lads will hit the ground running for the last leg of this bizarre season.

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's true, but it's plenty of unbroken time for the players to train together. This is particularly useful for Abraham regaining complete match fitness and the back 4; especially Smith as a RB.

Hopefully a good time for the team to train and improve with anyone injured given time to recover.

Isn't Tammy in the U21's squad?

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

True. Ok, same point minus Abraham then and let's hope he doesn't get injured.

I would happily see him sat on the bench. Not ideal for him I know but an injury could be devastating for us.

When were these breaks introduced? The system always seemed to work where League & Cup games would continue for all teams during Internationals unless any one club had three or more players called up.

As it is clubs lose a Saturday and gain a Tuesday fixture. As les visiting fans make a mid week journey, that reduces the attendance and therefore income for all clubs.

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Whilst other teams around us are finding tough going, we had just started to click up a gear and get some performances in.

I think it could work in our favour. The lads will be buzzing after Friday and now have a few days to enjoy the release of pressure that the result brought us. International breaks are a royal pain in the arse but even worse when you lose the last game before the break. As it is we gave Huddersfield a good old fashioned larruping and now plenty of time to work on the same treatment for Brentford. :fingerscrossed:

We went into the first break in good form and never got it back. I am concerned too that it is bad timing. A whole 2 weeks for LJ to confuse the hell out of them and coach this bit of good form right out of them again! Can we encourage him to spend some quality family time with his dad and keep him well away from the team please?

3 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I can't help feeling that things started to go wrong from the last international break.

3 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Not entirely true. Sure we've picked up some form but so has Wolves and Blackburn for example. It goes both ways really. We just need to use it as a time to let some injuries heal and bond on the training pitch knowing they've strung together some wins and clean sheets. 

56 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We went into the first break in good form and never got it back. I am concerned too that it is bad timing. A whole 2 weeks for LJ to confuse the hell out of them and coach this bit of good form right out of them again! Can we encourage him to spend some quality family time with his dad and keep him well away from the team please?

Or was the voice of confusion relieved of his duties a couple of weeks ago..?

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

True. Ok, same point minus Abraham then and let's hope he doesn't get injured.

Hordur, COD & Bailey Wright all called up too. TBH I`m surprised Cotts hasn`t been for Wales as well. Gustav Engvall`s in the Swedish U21s too. I guess Milan would have been picked for Bosnia if he hadn`t been injured.

Plenty of TV games to watch in the hope that some of our lads play but please no injuries.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 19:28, Judda said:

International breaks are rubbish. Watching a bunch of over paid and over rated players fail to produce a performance really bugs me....

Interesting report on BBC News this morning, having a discreet dig at Sky. Gareth Southgate likes International breaks as it diverts attention from the Premiership where players live & play in a bubble. They are continually told "The Premiership is the best in the world". Then a certain rolling news service seems obsessed with the Premiership and those players are convinced they really are the best. They then go and playin tournaments and too late find they're not.

League football is way better and I'll always get more behind City than England, but at least it's a relatively exciting break.

Big friendly against the Germans who we've beat on their turf 3 times running and then a WC qualifier, albeit an easy one (hopefully). 

Archived