IGNORED

Players travelling home?

Olé

Stupid question, but a number of players seemed to be travelling home independently of the team today (anyone outside the Griffin afterwards will know what I mean).

I've seen it before but generally when the players are going off into a break, not when they're just back from a two week break and have another game up on Tuesday.

Wouldn't they be training in Bristol tomorrow and/or watching a video of today's shambles? Granted most of them had the chance to watch the first 45 today already.

I'd guess 2moro is a day off especially with a game on Tuesday.

Why wouldn't they go off on their own on a Saturday evening to do their own thing? On there own time? Many probably have family around London. 

Tomlin lives in Leicester for example I think? So easier to travel home from London than it is to go Via Bristol.

4 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Just shows how uncomplete we are as a whole. Players should of came together with the attitude of winning the game, banter on the bus. Instead they don't come up together with there minds on other things no doubt.

Are you suggesting they didn't travel to the game together? Ole is talking about going home.

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

I was watching a stream that started to become intermittent 

Flint did seem to be playing LB quite a lot 

Flat footed. Turns too slow. Distribution awful. Solid in the physical duels. In fairness they pulled him around all game and seemed to fancy themselves up against him. 

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen O'Neil hobbling off the tube at Victoria. He said it wasn't a happy dressing room.

Also said he shouldn't have been starting because of his knee injury prior to the game.

Wait for the 'Bullshit' protestations from the usual suspects who seem to have dissapeared atm

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Flat footed. Turns too slow. Distribution awful. Solid in the physical duels. In fairness they pulled him around all game and seemed to fancy themselves up against him. 

I used to play local football with a player of similar attributes 

Quality against a big hold it up type of striker but against a smaller nippy forward who could move, he would be all over the place 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wait for the 'Bullshit' protestations from the usual suspects who seem to have dissapeared atm

I'm sure they will but it's not often I actually get to comment directly on what a player says. Was shocked to have seen him more so because I thought they would want to assess the injury rather than letting him hobble through a packed station.

Got the impression he was trying to cover his own performance with the comment.

Given he wasn't the only player to make his own team at home after the game, it has got me wondering if there was some sort of walk out rather than players being given permission?

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf that doesn't mean it's 'generally' an unhappy dressing room, unless @formerly known as ivan can clarify. 

Although slightly telling that GON is stating he shouldn't have been playing.  

Apologies if I didn't make it very clear. I did ask how the players were after the game and he said it was an unhappy dressing room.

I also commented on how you could have two more contrasting performances between today and Huddersfield to which he just said 'I know'.

9 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I used to play local football with a player of similar attributes 

Quality against a big hold it up type of striker but against a smaller nippy forward who could move, he would be all over the place 

Seen plenty myself in all 

44 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen O'Neil hobbling off the tube at Victoria. He said it wasn't a happy dressing room.

Also said he shouldn't have been starting because of his knee injury prior to the game.

May explain why he was shite.  Just like the Huddersfield match.  All that experience and he plays like a wet behind the ears teenager..... again

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

not sure they'd be training per se, but definitely a warm down and a conversation. Wasn't outside The Griffin, but the fact that the players aren't traveling together demonstrates a lack of togetherness

rubbish

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

May explain why he was shite.  Just like the Huddersfield match.  All that experience and he plays like a wet behind the ears teenager..... again

I'll be honest, I didn't have the balls to say what I really think of GON to him. If I did it would have been along the lines of 'I hope we don't see you in a city shirt again!'.

No doubting his career and achievements but **** me has he been terrible for us!

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I'll be honest, I didn't have the balls to say what I really think of GON to him. If I did it would have been along the lines of 'I hope we don't see you in a city shirt again!'.

No doubting his career and achievements but **** me has he been terrible for us!

he has been woeful, for all the experience and so called great playing career, he has done a great impression of a clueless midfield player.  Maybe time has caught up with him, as his choices and dithering o the pitch have been noticeable 

58 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Might explain why he looked 3 yards of the pace today. Very below par performance for him.

10 minutes ago, TRL said:

he has been woeful, for all the experience and so called great playing career, he has done a great impression of a clueless midfield player.  Maybe time has caught up with him, as his choices and dithering o the pitch have been noticeable 

I suspect to an extent time has finally caught up with him. But his time here has to be taken in the context of playing for a manager who is hopelessly out of their depth. 

GON made 30 odd appearances for Norwich in the Prem last season so I struggle to believe he has suddenly become a poor CShip player in the space of a few months.

Baffling tactics, players in out in out shake it all about, poor man management and leadership skills...the whole environment at the club at the moment is rotten.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I suspect to an extent time has finally caught up with him. But his time here has to be taken in the context of playing for a manager who is hopelessly out of their depth. 

GON made 30 odd appearances for Norwich in the Prem last season so I struggle to believe he has suddenly become a poor CShip player in the space of a few months.

Baffling tactics, players in out in out shake it all about, poor man management and leadership skills...the whole environment at the club at the moment is rotten.

Without doubt management decisions have a part to play, but GON has been poor, his decisions have been poor and his leadership and general way he he presents himself on the field is not good.

You would assume as captain, he is LJ's eyes and ears on the pitch, \now he doesn't seem to be paying that role, and if the management is so poor that he doesn't agree with LJ then he should be refusing the captaincy.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'd guess 2moro is a day off especially with a game on Tuesday.

Why wouldn't they go off on their own on a Saturday evening to do their own thing? On there own time? Many probably have family around London. 

Tomlin lives in Leicester for example I think? So easier to travel home from London than it is to go Via Bristol.

**** me the lazy useless bastards have had 2 ******* weeks off, they  don't need anymore time off FFS.

Archived