IGNORED

Anger

bs3

Ok we have been let down, disappointed, upset by our club over the years, it's all part of following Bristol City.

However I can not recall such anger at the club verging on complete rage for what is going on.

I also think there is a feeling of betrayal after years and years of Premiership talk by Lansdown clearly he have no ambition to move the "football " club forward on the pitch, it's seems his focus and ambition is to create a sporting social club for other sports within the City.

Sorry, can't agree with you.  There have been many such periods in the past, but the use of social media has made participants feel that no one has had these feelings before.  Sorry, it's all been done before, many many times, it's just easier to communicate it now.  In the past the only way was through chanting at games or the occasional banner ('Dicks Out').

We are in a much better position now than we have been during previous seasons like this.  At least we have a decent ground and a chairman who is prepared to match his ambition with some money.  Ok, things aren't going well at the moment, but talk of 'betrayal' is absolutely ludicrous.  Of course Lansdown wants to take the club forward, or why would he have spent so much money?  Things aren't working this season, but we're not down yet so it isn't the end of the world.  I remember similar seasons under Alan Dicks when at this point of the season the fans were really getting behind the team, even though many doubted Dicks's abilities as a manager (and how he was to prove them wrong!),

If anyone is feeling 'rage' about the present situation, I'd suggest they get out more.  Beautiful day outside, amazing what a bit of fresh air can do to raise the spirits :cool:

This is the worst season I have had following city since 1974. The previous bad seasons we have had u can but alot of it down to money or lack of it. This you can't.  Its down to having a poor manager. If we do stay up and it's a big if it will be the same next season. As Steve l will say I was right not to sack Johnson.  Some bad days ahead sadly.

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, can't agree with you.  There have been many such periods in the past, but the use of social media has made participants feel that no one has had these feelings before.  Sorry, it's all been done before, many many times, it's just easier to communicate it now.  In the past the only way was through chanting at games or the occasional banner ('Dicks Out').

We are in a much better position now than we have been during previous seasons like this.  At least we have a decent ground and a chairman who is prepared to match his ambition with some money.  Ok, things aren't going well at the moment, but talk of 'betrayal' is absolutely ludicrous.  Of course Lansdown wants to take the club forward, or why would he have spent so much money?  Things aren't working this season, but we're not down yet so it isn't the end of the world.  I remember similar seasons under Alan Dicks when at this point of the season the fans were really getting behind the team, even though many doubted Dicks's abilities as a manager (and how he was to prove them wrong!),

If anyone is feeling 'rage' about the present situation, I'd suggest they get out more.  Beautiful day outside, amazing what a bit of fresh air can do to raise the spirits :cool:

Top post - this chap deseves food vouchers!

34 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Ok we have been let down, disappointed, upset by our club over the years, it's all part of following Bristol City.

However I can not recall such anger at the club verging on complete rage for what is going on.

I also think there is a feeling of betrayal after years and years of Premiership talk by Lansdown clearly he have no ambition to move the "football " club forward on the pitch, it's seems his focus and ambition is to create a sporting social club for other sports within the City.

Beautiful day though it is as @The Dolman Pragmatist observes...about to head out and enjoy it...when I think of City I'm with you @bs3. Sure there have been for seasons in the past, and times when I've felt disenchanted, but I can recall a feeling of such disappointment that a perfectly good opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves in the Championship has been so needlessly endangered. LJ seems hopelessly out of his depth, and SL incapable of reacting. 

Lansdown has been running our club for the best part of what, a couple of decades? Responsibility for success or failure lies at his feet. I'm baffled as to why he looks at this season and thinks there's no cause for action...

13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Beautiful day though it is as @The Dolman Pragmatist observes...about to head out and enjoy it...when I think of City I'm with you @bs3. Sure there have been for seasons in the past, and times when I've felt disenchanted, but I can recall a feeling of such disappointment that a perfectly good opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves in the Championship has been so needlessly endangered. LJ seems hopelessly out of his depth, and SL incapable of reacting. 

Lansdown has been running our club for the best part of what, a couple of decades? Responsibility for success or failure lies at his feet. I'm baffled as to why he looks at this season and thinks there's no cause for action...

Nail hit firmly on its head. It's the frustration of the wasted opportunity that is causing the current 'angst'. Either SL can't see the problem, which appears to be obvious, or he doesn't want to see it. I think we all know which it is and it's not that he cant see it.

City haven't been in such a strong position, as we were in the summer, for a very long time and we (the club) have totally blown it! What a wasted opportunity. :(

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Nail hit firmly on its head. It's the frustration of the wasted opportunity that is causing the current 'angst'. Either SL can't see the problem, which appears to be obvious, or he doesn't want to see it. I think we all know which it is and it's not that he cant see the problem.

City haven't been in such a strong position, as we were in the summer, for a very long time and we (the club) have totally blown it! What a wasted opportunity. :(

And the thing is, after decades of waiting for a realistic chance for us to thrive in the second tier - as opposed to clinging on - I fear that we've blown it. The GJ years were great, he was a master at getting decent results out of middling players, but we never wholly convinced as contenders. This season I genuinely thought it could be different. Ah well...

Archived