IGNORED

Leroy pulls the race card again

Sweeneys Penalties

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Some white people hate to hear of racism for some reason.

You are correct.

Some others are just a bit tired of people trying to engineer links to it though, which is equally wrong. Wasn't there a fuss recently about a picture of a policemen (off duty) wearing a watermelon on his head while playing with his kids. Apparently an ethnic rights campaigner was "deeply offended" by this and he was forced to apologise. Were they really offended or were they just conditioned to think that way? It was a dad having fun with his children by putting something silly on his head, I do it all the time! 

Perhaps we all need to take a deep breath first and not just assume the worst of each other.  

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yes.  Some white people it seems don't like it when black people 'cry racist'.

that point in itself is not racist. 

and that's where it becomes not quite as clear cut as you make out, some people would say it is.

I would personally have preferred it if you had said "Some people hate to hear of racism for some reason".

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@Ciderhead433 In the 80s I was mostly in the (proper) East End or Enclosure in front of the Williams....apologies if I missed the bananas being thrown but I really can't recall any fruit being thrown onto the pitch...not sure we would have disrespected Keith Curle, Alex Lockhart, Steve Johnson in this way....

There will have been isolated incidents of this sort everywhere. We all know what the 80s were like. 

Let's face it though, today's news regarding a brutal gang attack on an innocent asylum seeker,  who's probably already had a dreadful life, speaks volumes about the psychology of our most cretinous in society in 2017. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

There will have been isolated incidents of this sort everywhere. We all know what the 80s were like. 

Let's face it though, today's news regarding a brutal gang attack on an innocent asylum seeker,  who's probably already had a dreadful life, speaks volumes about the psychology of our most cretinous in society in 2017. 

Fair enough, but @Ciderhead433 said it happened every time a black player turned up...so hardly 'isolated incidents' - I just can't believe City fans scanned the away teams line ups in advance to check whether a black player was going to be appearing for them then buying lots of bananas in preparation for his (or their) appearance on the Ashton Gate turf...as I said, I just can't remember bananas being thrown...

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@Ciderhead433 In the 80s I was mostly in the (proper) East End or Enclosure in front of the Williams....apologies if I missed the bananas being thrown but I really can't recall any fruit being thrown onto the pitch...not sure we would have disrespected Keith Curle, Errington Kelly, Alex Lockhart, Steve Johnson in this way....

I remember it once we played Orient i think there was a lot of right wing groups trying to stir it up at football clubs there were only a few in the Williams but they were quite vocal.

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Just don't say racist stuff.  Hard to remember?

Wow how patronising. Not that I should have to tell you but I am related to blacks and have distant family in syria as well so dont try to be smart.

You said why white people (Ironically Generalising) hate hearing about racism and I told you why I thought this is. 

Unfortunately sometimes people dont realise some things they say can offend, its nothing mallicious happens on here all the time.

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Its the way of this silly pc world nowadays.  If you are black then everyone is racist, if you are female and dont get a job its sexism, if you are old and dont get the job its ageism, etc.

Why dont men claim sexism when a woman gets the job, why dont white people claim racism when a black man gets the job, etc.

Sorry mate, but to suggest that 'if you are black then everyone is racist' is, in itself, incredibly racist.  If some black people regard some events as racist, then they are entitled to say so.  That does not mean they are 'playing the race card'.

White people don't claim racism in employment situations because I suspect they are not very often the victims of racism in employment situations.  If you are really suggesting that white people are just as likely to experience racism as black people when going for employment then I think, with respect, you are being very naive.

I'm glad people feel that racism is relatively uncommon these days.  However, I don't think white people can really judge how it feels to be black in today's society.

14 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

There is very little context without hearing both sides. 

Yes it might have been because he is black that the apparent prejudice happened. But who knows the lady's reasoning. Could be anything from being a hardcore bigot to being robbed the previous week by a gang of black men and reacting to fear. 

Who knows. 

And to be fair to him, he makes exactly that point if you took the trouble to read the article. It was all done in a very lighthearted way and in no way smacked of 'playing the race card'

13 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Andy-Cole-Bristol-City.jpg

Didn't one of this lot do time for a bit of light fingering during his post round?

We can all have a guess who it was.....

I had that t shirt, I loved it. Remember when the club shop used to sell decent clobber, taking the subject completely off thread

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

And to be fair to him, he makes exactly that point if you took the trouble to read the article. It was all done in a very lighthearted way and in no way smacked of 'playing the race card'

It is one of his favourite subjects though. 

Anyone know if his book contains any other type of subject matter? 

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I had that t shirt, I loved it. Remember when the club shop used to sell decent clobber, taking the subject completely off thread

Agreed, best shirt we've ever had. Very smart, beautiful, screams Bristol City and the cider sponsor a nice link to the West Country.

R.E. racism, as a Jew who works in finance, I get banter all the time. Take it on the chin like a man and crack on. Or maybe I should be posting about how hard done by I am all over the internet?

18 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Agreed, best shirt we've ever had. Very smart, beautiful, screams Bristol City and the cider sponsor a nice link to the West Country.

R.E. racism, as a Jew who works in finance, I get banter all the time. Take it on the chin like a man and crack on. Or maybe I should be posting about how hard done by I am all over the internet?

Write a book, maybe?

45 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Ah yes, good old 'banter'.  I believe that is what Trump uses to justify some of the things he has said.  Makes me think of people who begin sentences with "I'm not a racist, but...".

I'm shocked if you are the subject of racist comments all the time, whether you are prepared to tolerate it or not.

Archived