IGNORED

The Official Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, hertsexile said:

No LJ is not in Tin mans class will wait to be pushed he will not step down tonight we have sunk to a new low. We have become a laughing stock. Will SL finally see the light 

LJ will do whatever is best for his bank account, as most employees would. 

• Like 1

A couple of 'City rejects' showing us how it is done tonight too.

How is it we sign players and they immediately become less effective, a la Bailey Wright?  

Preston must be laughing all the way to the bank; just look at their goal scorers - how many did they even pay fees for, or sign from a higher level?

We started with a midfielder we signed from a team who were third in the German top league; Preston's first goal scorer was a free from Morecambe. 

• Like 2
Just now, Beezey said:

When Swansea did us under Tinnion the man had enough about him to walk. No way is LJ half the man Tins is, SL wont fire him and LJ is deluded enough to think he will turn it around.

Finishing above Blackburn isn't turning it around. 

• Like 1

This is different from most other relegation seasons in the fact that we were in such a fantastic situation after the money received from Kodjia and the redeveloped stadium only to have our hopes so cruelly dashed.

SL is so stubborn that he can't or won't see that Johnson is NOT a fine up and coming coach ,he is a shot bolt .

LANSDOWN MAN UP AND PUT ALL OF US OUT OF OUR MISERY , LJ included .

This is the biggest shambles of a season ever .

• Like 14

I've wanted LJ to leave since January but, up until now, have had confidence in him and the board's integrity and good intentions.

However I feel pretty confident in saying that:

1. If LJ doesn't resign tomorrow, it gives the lie to the idea that he's someone who cares about the future of our club.

2. If SL doesn't sack LJ tomorrow, those who think he is personal feelings ahead of the club will be entirely vindicated.

Let's hope for a departure by mutual consent. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Johnson's position has been untenable for months...I fear that one bad result will make no difference...I'm expecting him to be here next season come what may. Already renewed...but I can't see me wasting many afternoons watching the tosh LJ will be serving up.

I think you're right. Landsown, by continuously backing Lee, has dug himself a huge whole with this one. Sacking him now with so few games left, giving a new manager very little time will be too little too late. 

• Like 1
Just now, Major Isewater said:

This is different from most other relegation seasons in the fact that we were in such a fantastic situation after the money received from Kodjia and the redeveloped stadium only to have our hopes so cruelly dashed.

SL is so stubborn that he can't or won't see that Johnson is NOT a fine up and coming coach ,he is a shot bolt .

As cruel as it sounds; even if we still end up going down, I hope LJ gets the boot now - him getting fired would make up for the humiliation we've suffered this season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Lansdown is part  of the problem, in fact he is the problem,. his call.

• Like 1