IGNORED

The Official Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Was supposed to be in Preston tonight for a meeting tomorrow, thank god I had to help the missus out. 

Much as I pray he will be sacked, I honestly think he will not and he will take us down. Fair play to the folks who travelled tonight, I would have left well before the end......

My preferred choice for manager, if he is sacked, would be to get a caretaker and then when Moyes is sacked by Sunderland , get him in.

Edited by shepton red
  • Like 1
Just now, Moor2Sea said:

LJs position is completely untenable.

I can't see Uwe Rosler or anyone else willing to step in at this stage in the season. We've also missed the boat with the experienced coach option ala Joe Jordan and, in any event, LJ's credibility is now shot so he has to go. The cheap option is players with Tins.  Don't rate that, so we've effectively check-mated ourselves. 

What a car crash. 

Maybe Ashton will produce another master stroke though.

Another? 

Just now, Loon plage said:

SL has millions invested or lent to a club that has a couple of million assets. Do you expect him to write that off? His priority will be the rugby club in the future so he keeps the ground. Therefore pulling BCFC from BS would mean someone buying an essentially worthless asset and be a tenant of BS.

Wont happen.

In which case it will effectively

be the end of City  as I have consistently warned

The fault is with SL's ego trip of BS. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Tongue in cheek, but I wonder if it has something to do with the players knowing a good performance from them in front of the cameras, might get them offers from elsewhere (obviously not being serious) :whistle2:

Think you got it spot on that's exactly what's happening....

I've tried to see the positives all season, and made myself unpopular at times, but tonight I just feel saddened by the whole thing.  I still don't like the viciousness and the vitriol on this forum, because I thing people have really tried to make things work, but clearly it hasn't.  The worst for me is the January transfer window which seems to have ripped the confidence out of the side, with a lot of money spent for players most of whom at the moment are barely contributing.

We still have a good chance of staying up, with four at home and Blackburn to play, but I've run out of reasons to justify to my friends who support other clubs why there should be no change.  With real regret, I have to concede that I can no longer find a reason for Lee Johnson to remain our Head Coach

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 7

Not sure what to say.  Many saying players are good enough but not able or not wanting to play for the manager. The players didn't really come over at the end, not fully over. They hung back and stayed as a group and went through the motions of applauding us fans. Only Tammy and Brownhill came over and spoke to people, the rest were cowards...and I'm not being harsh as the fans certainly weren't on their backs during the game. No excuses. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ontariored said:

so, where is the post match interview. Waiting for the excuse, waste of space...

What I was thinking. What's the reaction on the phone in? I'm in Essex with no access to radio Bristol....

Edited by Taz
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've tried to see the positives all season, and made myself unpopular at times, but tonight I just feel saddened by the whole thing.  I still don't like the viciousness and the vitriol on this forum, because I thing people have really tried to make things work, but clearly it hasn't.  The worst for me is the January transfer window which seems to have ripped the confidence out of the side, with a lot of money spent for players most of whom at the moment are barely contributing.

We still have a good chance of staying up, with four at home and Blackburn to play, but I've run out of reasons to justify to my friends who support other clubs why there should be no change.  With real regret, I have to concede that I can no longer find a reason for a Johnson to remain our Head Coach

Christ that makes for a depressing read!

• Like 1
Just now, RedM said:

Not sure what to say.  Many saying players are good enough but not able or not wanting to play for the manager. The players didn't really come over at the end, not fully over. They hung back and stayed as a group and went through the motions of applauding us fans. Only Tammy and Brownhill came over and spoke to people, the rest were cowards...and I'm not being harsh as the fans certainly weren't on their backs during the game. No excuses. 

Fair play to Josh and Tammy!

• Like 1

Give me an hour or two for a report. I need a moment (and a drink) here. As a Preston fan just pointed out, they could have won 8-0. This one is on Lansdown, he has completely and utterly legitimised failure to protect his own cosy lines of influence.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In which case it will effectively

be the end of City  as I have consistently warned

The fault is with SL's ego trip of BS. 

As enraged as I am how will the present situation be the end of the football club. Lansdown will happily run a league One side on the cheap whilst he hob nobs with the elite of European rugby as it keeps his protege in a job.

Not the end, just not where we should be.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Bloody cowards. Sorry you and the others had to go through that shit @RedM hope you have a safe journey home. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We still have a good chance of staying up, with four at home and Blackburn to play, but I've run out of reasons to justify to my friends who support other clubs why there should be no change.  With real regret, I have to concede that I can no longer find a reason for a Johnson to remain our Head Coach

The vitriol and viciousness emanates from the fact that many and I mean many saw this unfolding from October onwards.

• Like 5