IGNORED

The Official Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, What the ???? said:

Has anybody got to the point, when you bang your head against the wall so many times....it hurts. He's going nowhere.

I have previously thought this but after today and Saturday where he can't raise any fight from those players I can't see how we can stick with him.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, lenred said:

'They've had the riot act read to them. Not just me but by Mc and Holden as well. Need players we can trust. They'll be in tomorrow. Massive 4 days. Got to pick myself up and we go again'!!!!!!! F OFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

right now, i'd take 11 members of the National Trust for the next game.  if he can't trust them, why is he picking them?

25 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I think the players against Huddersfield on TV were playing to get new contracts with other clubs for next season.

I'm not sure about this. This would suggest that Johnson not only got the tactics spot on against Huddersfield but that the players have the ability to execute the game plan aswell. Why can they not do that every game? We wouldn't be in this mess if so. 

Just listened to another heap of bullshit, once again he starts by picking out one player to blame!

just as we all know he does not have a clue, no honour, no guts. 

We heard he has not lost the dressing room, but strangely enough he has now blamed just about all of the first team for his cock ups. 

Lets face it he is toxic and just as he ran away from challenges as a player - he is not going to do the decent thing now!

It's now up to the fans to give him the push!  How much would it cost to charter Condor to bring a protest to the Channel Islands- perhaps SL's neighbours would react to local disturbance!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Olé said:

Give me an hour or two for a report. I need a moment (and a drink) here. As a Preston fan just pointed out, they could have won 8-0. This one is on Lansdown, he has completely and utterly legitimised failure to protect his own cosy lines of influence.

legitimised failure to protect his own cosy lines of influence

Most succinct, accurate ten word summary of his entire reign. 

No need for more words.

• Like 2
Just now, dave36 said:

Just listened to another heap of bullshit, once again he starts by picking out one player to blame!

just as we all know he does not have a clue, no honour, no guts. 

We heard he has not lost the dressing room, but strangely enough he has now blamed just about all of the first team for his cock ups. 

Lets face it he is toxic and just as he ran away from challenges as a player - he is not going to do the decent thing now!

It's now up to the fans to give him the push!  How much would it cost to charter Condor to bring a protest to the Channel Islands- perhaps SL's neighbours would react to local disturbance!

Just like his dad. 

3 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I'm not sure about this. This would suggest that Johnson not only got the tactics spot on against Huddersfield but that the players have the ability to execute the game plan aswell. Why can they not do that every game? We wouldn't be in this mess if so. 

Hm. I see it as a combination of LJ not having a clue and alienating players and the players not putting in the effort.

At this point it appears not only have we got a clown in as manager but we also have players that don't give a **** unless the camera's are on em.

With the added bonus of an Owner hell bent on keeping a clown as manager and being satisfied with us going down and ignoring fans. Whatever though eh.

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 1

Right, so now I know why you pretty much unanimously thought you were going to get thumped tonight.

We weren't good in the first half but whenever we did get forward you looked open. Barkhuizen doesn't really miss those inside the box. I thought at half time if we could start playing properly on the front foot we could batter you because you looked so bad at the back, and that's what happened. You played some neat stuff at times in the first half but didn't create any clear cut chances. Abraham was a bit of a handful though.

Second half you just gave up and collapsed after the second goal. McGeady, Robinson, Barkhuizen and others were just rampant and your defenders weren't anywhere near them. It could've got even worse for you if McGeady had stayed on for longer.

Johnson looked lost on the touchline. He is so out of his depth at this level it's scary and it's very obvious to all (including opposition fans) except your owner it seems.

Chuffed at the result but obviously feel for your fans who travelled all the way up too.

Edited by pnefcok
  • Like 14
11 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Right, so now I know why you pretty much unanimously thought you were going to get thumped tonight.

We weren't good in the first half but whenever we did get forward you looked open. Barkhuizen doesn't really miss those inside the box. I thought at half time if we could start playing properly on the front foot we could batter you because you looked so bad at the back, and that's what happened. You played some neat stuff at times in the first half but didn't create any clear cut chances. Abraham was a bit of a handful though.

Second half you just gave up and collapsed after the second goal. McGeady, Robinson, Barkhuizen and others were just rampant and your defenders weren't anywhere near them. It could've got even worse for you if McGeady had stayed on for longer.

Johnson looked lost on the touchline. He is so out of his depth at this level it's scary and it's very obvious to all (including opposition fans) except your owner it seems.

Chuffed at the result but obviously feel for your fans who travelled all the way up too.

I'll refer you to my post from about 3 mins into the game. Been the same all season. 

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

Sounds like we're gonna be sliced open with ease as usual. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It was a shambles from start to finish. Even the most loyal supporter here is struggling to find any reason that Lee should keep his job. I hate to see us sack as it's another failure but this is as bad as it gets.

Lee J didn't come over at the end, people saying he ran straight down the tunnel which was down the other end from us. 

At the end of the game tonight only Tammy came over to the fans and talk to kids. The other players clapped from a distance and LJ....well he moved quicker down that tunnel than he did in his playing days

2nd half was embarrassing. We can't play like that and expect to be a championship team next year. If we stay up and keep LJ....someone please help us 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bcfcchampions2015 said:

Mr Lansdown please get rid of this piss poor clueless ****. Been watching bcfc for over 45 years and trust me Johnson is by far and away the worst manager we've ever had.JOHNSON OUT!!!!

yes, can you see another manager presiding over 9 consecutive defeats, I reckon that is a record he will have for all time. 

I was typing this during the Lee Johnson interview when my iPad ran out of power...

Frustrating, angry, first half played better football was unlucky to be one nil down.

Capitulated in second half,  no one could say they had a good game.

So frustrating wasn't a 5 0 game, 4 or 5 defensive errors, panicked, mindsets need to be stronger.

It hurts, I love this football club, want to keep this side in the Championship.

I need to pick a team now that I can trust and have to the trustworthiness to do what's required.

We go again.

Still  masters of our own destiny, don't forget that. Of course we can stay up, need to keep that mental toughness. Tomorrow is a new day.

(To the fans) We love you.

Edited by Curr Avon
Just now, RedM said:

Ha ha some of the players have had their cars driven up here expecting to be able to go out and about in them tomorrow and see the families and he has them in for training tomorrow

Please God no, what's he going to Coach out of them this week?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Just to confirm, we have:

A proven Bundesliga goalie

England squad goalie

A Champions League right back who has won multiple trophies

Australian International CB

Icelandic International CB

A ´Premier League´Left Back

A right winger who has played in the Premiership

A left winger who is the rising star of Ireland

Champions League scoring CM

Another CM with a multitude of Premier League experience

A ´5 Million pound´ CM

The so called best player in the Championship on his day

One of the best strikers in the league and certain future England International

A free scoring Bosnian International

Another striker apparently worth 10m

Plus League One dominating, Smith, Flint, Little, Wilbraham.

And we are struggling to stay in the 2nd division!!!!

Not forgetting ´Europe in 5 years´

RIDICULOUS

It's not so ridiculous when several of those statements are bull

10 minutes ago, Tinnions Left Boot said:

At the end of the game tonight only Tammy came over to the fans and talk to kids. The other players clapped from a distance and LJ....well he moved quicker down that tunnel than he did in his playing days

2nd half was embarrassing. We can't play like that and expect to be a championship team next year. If we stay up and keep LJ....someone please help us 

Exactly, I posted the same earlier, but it was only Tammy and Josh Brownhill that a knowledge the fans and showed any decency towards us

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RedM said:

It was a shambles from start to finish. Even the most loyal supporter here is struggling to find any reason that Lee should keep his job. I hate to see us sack as it's another failure but this is as bad as it gets.

Lee J didn't come over at the end, people saying he ran straight down the tunnel which was down the other end from us. 

That's how much he loves the fans. Shrinking coward of the worst kind. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Olé said:

Give me an hour or two for a report. I need a moment (and a drink) here. As a Preston fan just pointed out, they could have won 8-0. This one is on Lansdown, he has completely and utterly legitimised failure to protect his own cosy lines of influence.

No need to write a detailed summary. The last sentence summarises the entire match and season. 

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

He is the only reason we are not sitting between Wigan and Rotherham.

He will look back at this and laugh in June.

We'd already be down without him.

He won't look back and laugh though - he actually gives a sh#t, that was clear tonight. Ironic that the player who really has nothing to lose and knows he will go on to far better things than playing for us was the one showing real passion, leadership and energy tonight.  He berated the others, tried to get them up for the fight and was playing until the final whistle. No hanging back from the fans like the others at the end either.

Never thought I'd applaud a player after a 5-0 loss but I did tonight.  

We only get an Andy Cole or a Tammy Abraham once in a generation, and what a spectacular way to have wasted it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Lee J didn't come over at the end, people saying he ran straight down the tunnel which was down the other end from us

Disgraceful - He's a complete and utter coward - makes me cringe - a total embarrassment

Then says post match 'he loves the fans'

Complete weasel

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

You rightly criticise the defence but it now contains "one of your own" did Wright look noticeably worse than you remember when he wore the PNE shirt?

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Did anyone point out to Johnson that we were 3 nil down when mags came on, how was it his fault? 

Bear with me as I'm only getting bits of this but is he really slagging Mags off, unbelievable.  I really can't imagine those two get on, why would he drop him at every opportunity he can, probably only played him today on the strength of his international showing. Magnusson was most definitely NOT the problem today. The guy has lost the plot if he thinks this

• Like 3