IGNORED

Lansdown - you're a failure

SouthStand Sandwich

30 minutes ago, One Team said:

Do you think for one second he became so successful in business by making such poor decisions?

If SL applied his business brain to this LJ would be gone. 

He would never have been appointed. Do you give someone a very responsible job that has no experience of it at a high level and was failing at a lower level. Bizarre . 

Scary how much better we are than you considering we have less resources and came up at the same time as you.

You've been mismanaged from top to bottom and you need to start all over again now if you manage to stay up, which you won't on tonight's showing.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Tis, and I have my own. I would disagree with you on that one.

I can fully understand his gripes, as to me it was obvious his hands were tied when it came to transfers. What has happened since has shown that the board have their own ideas on who we should be buying. Not showing to be correct.

It was a sad end to an amazing tenure. We will never know the truth about the transfers , bizarre 

Just now, pnefcok said:

Scary how much better we are than you considering we have less resources and came up at the same time as you.

You've been mismanaged from top to bottom and you need to start all over again now if you manage to stay up, which you won't on tonight's showing.

I know you mean well. But maybe a day or two later would have been best. 

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Unfortunately, it's hard to argue with that statement. So I won't, just **** off back to your suicide capital of England.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

It was a sad end to an amazing tenure. We will never know the truth about the transfers , bizarre 

I agree.

For me there was something not right about the whole thing. And the evidence since suggests it wasn't Cotts to blame.

There is something not right about our club.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

It seems great to have a local billionaire owning the club , but I've said for years since Johnson senior was in charge that Lansdown knows less than **** all about football. He's let junior spend  £15m on 19 players and made us worse. You couldn't ******* make it up. Oh and he's still got his job :grr: :grr:

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It seems great to have a local billionaire owning the club , but I've said for years since Johnson senior was in charge that Lansdown knows less than **** all about football. He's let junior spend  £15m on 19 players and made us worse. You couldn't ******* make it up. Oh and he's still got his job :grr: :grr:

Yep. Money completely pissed away to make us worse.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

I agree.

For me there was something not right about the whole thing. And the evidence since suggests it wasn't Cotts to blame.

I agree fundamentally wrong . Sad 

Maybe the "knows less than **** all" is the word on the street within the footballing world and why there has been a perceived reluctance for people to want to join us. 

Just now, Atticus said:

I agree.

There's one constant to all the bad decisions , Steve Lansdown @Ivorguy I apologise you were right all along . Time to sell up , we've gone nowhere with him owning the club. 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

I agree fundamentally wrong . Sad 

Before the whole Johnson saga, I hadn't laid blame on Lansdown's door for anything. I would always see it as a backroom issue, a management issue, a culture issue. Something Lansdown hadn't known but dealt with,

But now. Now, I see it as a boardroom issue. An owner issue. The issues we have appear deep deep rooted.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe the "knows less than **** all" is the word on the street within the footballing world and why there has been a perceived reluctance for people to want to join us. 

Plenty of rumours in the past he sticks his nose in too much as well . You only have to look at the David james debacle for that. Everyone blames Coppell for walking out but I think it was all down to SL meddling in football matters . 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

There's one constant to all the bad decisions , Steve Lansdown @Ivorguy I apologise you were right all along . Time to sell up , we've gone nowhere with him owning the club. 

We've gone backwards mate, we now have a single owner that can sell this shambles to any mug that will buy it, in the past at least the fans had some representation.

Just now, Atticus said:

Before the whole Johnson saga, I hadn't laid blame on Lansdown's door for anything. I would always see it as a backroom issue, a management issue, a culture issue. Something Lansdown hadn't known but dealt with,

But now. Now, I see it as a boardroom issue. An owner issue. The issues we have appear deep deep rooted.

Is SL a megalomaniac?

Yep , it's a dictatorship. Surrounds himself with yes men telling him what he wants to hear. 

It's not our club, I feel like I'm supporting a billionaires plaything, may as well support some rich sheiks horse for all the input we get.  The only reason I do is that the name of the club is Bristol City, I'm not sure that's enough anymore.

47 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Just to think...he was considering buying Rovers at one point

He still mighnt. If City go down, Rovers come up to Championship; what is stopping Bristol City selling City and buying Rovers??? Business is Business

2 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

Just to think...he was considering buying Rovers at one point

Dunsford and the then sags board saw right through him and declined any involvement with him. Rightly so, in my opinion.

Makes me laugh when City fans think he's 'one of us'. Never has been, never will be.

5 hours ago, Full nelson said:

A weak weak man when it comes to sacking people!! He was mr nice cop at H & L. 

I wouldn't have called him nice cop.

Maybe "not a complete and utter sociopath" cop.

Unlike the illegitimate son of Ebenezer Scrooge, Paul Daniels and Jim Bowen.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can see Lansdown throwing his teddy down and looking to sell up this time around

And I've got to say , I'm no longer certain that it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Agreed. Another 10 years of football SL style? No thanks. 

Not all clubs have to be basket cases without SL. 

Archived