IGNORED

An Appeal to Fellow LJ Supporters

handsofclay

Prior to tonight's match I was an LJ supporter. During the record run of defeats I seen the positive in that the defeats were narrow and we hadn't been tonked. I hoped we could turn things around and up until 2.59 pm on Saturday things had slightly improved.

Since 3.00 pm Saturday we have conceded seven (SEVEN) goals without response against Brentford and PNE. Even had it been against Villa and Newcastle that would be bad, but no, it was against Brentford and PNE.

I appeal to Fellow LJ supporters. See the light and demand that this man go. I have seen the light and feel much better for it. I am no longer in the give LJ a chance camp. I am now in the give BCFC a chance and get rid of LJ now camp !!!!

I don't understand why it's a tonking that convinces people?

We've been shocking but losing by 5 suddenly makes a difference? Didn't watch tonight's game but was there Saturday and it was horrendous, the score line really didn't matter to my thoughts on the manager and players.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Prior to tonight's match I was an LJ supporter. During the record run of defeats I seen the positive in that the defeats were narrow and we hadn't been tonked. I hoped we could turn things around and up until 2.59 pm on Saturday things had slightly improved.

Since 3.00 pm Saturday we have conceded seven (SEVEN) goals without response against Brentford and PNE. Even had it been against Villa and Newcastle that would be bad, but no, it was against Brentford and PNE.

I appeal to Fellow LJ supporters. See the light and demand that this man go. I have seen the light and feel much better for it. I am no longer in the give LJ a chance camp. I am now in the give BCFC a chance and get rid of LJ now camp !!!!

Yes I have been in the same camp as you, but tonight has changed my view. I wanted LJ to turn it around, but we now need a new face to rally behind - both fans and players - for the final six games. If LJ stays I feel the atmosphere will be too negative and that alone may take us down. I have a feeling SL may bite the bullet now. Someone on Radio Bristol - Mark I believe - suggested Wilbs supported by GON to take over for the last 6 games. That could work as the players and fans would rally behind Wilbs and the atmosphere may lift; he is respected. That alone may get us over the line. 

28 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Four months too late 

Never mind

Clueless,  and blind faith supporters making pitiful excuses have helped keep him here

Congratulations   :clap:

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I don't understand why it's a tonking that convinces people?

We've been shocking but losing by 5 suddenly makes a difference? Didn't watch tonight's game but was there Saturday and it was horrendous, the score line really didn't matter to my thoughts on the manager and players.

Agreed. We've been shit all year.

Even in the first couple of months we played some awful football but relied on an odd goal here or there. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

7-0 versus Brentford and Preston

Let that sink in

Brentford

Preston

Less resources in total between them than us

7-0

Brentford

Preston

Precisely the point I was trying to make. These are teams we should be leaving behind in the slipstream. Jeez, instead they are making fools of us.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Problem is, who could you get in now? You've left it too late, even too late for John Pemberton to take the last few games. Surely he could've kept you up?

Unfortunately my friend you are correct. Congratulations on your win tonight by the way!

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Problem is, who could you get in now? You've left it too late, even too late for John Pemberton to take the last few games. Surely he could've kept you up?

We're not down yet. Fair play to you guys,a club with great tradition and history being very comfortable at Championship level. Brentford are doing great with league two facilities and playing great football. It's not all about having a great stadium and shed loads of money. Still I wouldn't swop my Bristol City for any other club. As the saying goes City till I die . 

7 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

It isn't too late because I believe we are by some strange undeserved quirk not in the relegation zone but meekly hovering lamentably above it. Give the job to Wilbs and GON, as suggested on here, and we might yet pull away from danger.

6 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Thanks for the hammering. It may be the final nail in Johnson's coffin but if so, I wish it could have been in January instead of ten days before Easter.

Sincerely hope you make the pray-offs.

I have stated previously that I really wanted LJ to succeed. Not because I'm in love with him as a few may have thought but because I've been a BCFC supporter for 60+yrs & sick of the turnover of managers &being a "Yo Yo" club. It's been obvious to all that LJ simply isn't up to the job (yet) & SL has to take notice of the fans or lose them forever. It won't make an old man happy if LJ is sacked but it would give me hope & that's something I lost many weeks ago :facepalm:.

9 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I have stated previously that I really wanted LJ to succeed. Not because I'm in love with him as a few may have thought but because I've been a BCFC supporter for 60+yrs & sick of the turnover of managers &being a "Yo Yo" club. It's been obvious to all that LJ simply isn't up to the job (yet) & SL has to take notice of the fans or lose them forever. It won't make an old man happy if LJ is sacked but it would give me hope & that's something I lost many weeks ago :facepalm:.

It's the kids who will lose interest the fastest. They aren't stupid either. 

27 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Honestly, anyone.

The amount of times a new manager comes into a club and gets immediate results, at least short term is high.

Sacking him could be the lift the players need for the remainder of the season.

Archived