IGNORED

An Appeal to Fellow LJ Supporters

handsofclay

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

And I'm sorry , but you are part of the reason why Johnson is still here

Youll change at relegation - what a bizarre thought process 

You don't have to apologise, just say it as you see it, I won't be offended.

Football supporters having bizarre thought processes, who'd have thought?

We've said this collectively a million times; he ain't going nowhere prior to this seasons end. We've got to rally behind our team to give us hope.

Come 3pm Saturday let's give our all against Wolves. I'm looking forward to a big afternoon at the gate, and a very winnable match. COYR

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

We've said this collectively a million times; he ain't going nowhere prior to this seasons end. We've got to rally behind our team to give us hope.

Come 3pm Saturday let's give our all against Wolves. I'm looking forward to a big afternoon at the gate, and a very winnable match. COYR

Good,luck getting behind the idiot in charge and a set of players who have thrown in the towel - the support has been brilliant considering what an abysmal showing this season - they've blown it with the fan base IMHO tonight 

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

There is no defence for LJ, undoubtedly the worst game of the season and he is undoubtedly walking on water.

The only positives, and this only demonstrates just how weak all of the bottom 7 are (Burton have still to play), no wins or draws elsewhere. City cannot count on other teams to continue their shite form.

The game on Saturday will simply be toxic if there is no win.

The moderator rods are being withdrawn and the board is moving to meltdown.

As to supporting LJ, I can't say he's done himself any favours. The same applies to the team of players. At times like this, my patience is severely tested, however, I stand fast till the end of the season. It will be at the time of relegation that my support of LJ ends, a stance that will no doubt annoy some on this board - you'll just have to accept that supporters such as me exist.

My bold.  No it won't.

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

@handsofclay I hope you realise now that us negative posters only had the best interests of the club at heart?! No hard feelings, let's just unite and get rid of this muppet!

Of course I do. Like yourself, I will still be wanting City to win on Saturday even if LJ is still in charge. However, I desperately hope he isn't. Even if City do triumph, I will still believe it is in the club's best interests for him to be relieved of his duties as another PNE drubbing will be just around the corner.

I didn't expect to get much in the way of points from Brentford or Preston.

Had the second half last night gone like the first and we'd lost by one or two goals having had a few chances ourselves then I'd be here saying Johnson should keep his job and that we'd get the points to stay up by winning our home games.

For the first time this season we really, really capitulated. I suppose there have been other times when we've done so but with the advantage of a 2 goal cushion to soften the blow, but the rate the goals went in during the second half was something this team hasn't really done this season. It was the mark of a side that has given up and isn't fighting. When that happens there's little option but to change.

Johnson's complaint that the players weren't mentally strong doesn't really wash when by my reckoning 15 senior players have been signed on his watch. If they weren't strong enough then why sign them?

I don't think there's too much wrong with the squad overall. The Huddersfield game showed what they can do. We don't need a miracle worker to replace Johnson we just need somebody else. Any change will do pretty much. The players are good and they surely don't want to be relegated. There are 4 winnable home games in which to provide the points. It's not too late.

This is a huge decision for SL.  On one hand, the first rule of managagement is that you DO NOT reinforce a failure - that is not always as simplistic as it might appear, because you have to work out where the failure is in the organisation.  Was it in the recruitment? Was it a board instruction to sell JK to Aston Villa and to spend much of our transfer kitty on young, untried kids - and that our experienced players, like Matthews have decided not to come to the party - or they are crocks like GON - who cannot sem to play for more than the odd game without picking up an injury.  Is the fault with the directors? Or even SL himself?  The scouting - why did they not really investigate the characters of our new recruits? Was the fault with Mark Ashton - who is meant to be the experienced football man on the board?  Maybe LJ has survived so far because the bosses know that the fault may not be entirely his.  I guess we will never know, and it is likely that SL and his board will be having deep and urgent discussions right now.

My view, FWIW, is that we should turn up and support the team to the rafters and to try to lift them at this difficult time.  We all want to survive and none of us are in control of the process or will have to make any decisions (apart from not turning up). We, as supporters, can only influence the atmosphere - if that atmosphere is poison - then some of the players may not give of their best and that could seal our fate. I hope that the fans have sufficient strength to help and not hinder during these last few games - just three wins will do it, whoever is in charge.  I don't really care who is the manager or head coach - I would just like to see City succeed in every way possible - be that avoiding the drop or winning league 1 next season.  I will not boo my team! I would rather encourage them to sweat blood for the cause (our cause) and have the inquest when the season is over and to make decisions in a calm and considered fashion and not under the pressure of the mob. 

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

This is a huge decision for SL.  On one hand, the first rule of managagement is that you DO NOT reinforce a failure - that is not always as simplistic as it might appear, because you have to work out where the failure is in the organisation.  Was it in the recruitment? Was it a board instruction to sell JK to Aston Villa and to spend much of our transfer kitty on young, untried kids - and that our experienced players, like Matthews have decided not to come to the party - or they are crocks like GON - who cannot sem to play for more than the odd game without picking up an injury.  Is the fault with the directors? Or even SL himself?  The scouting - why did they not really investigate the characters of our new recruits? Was the fault with Mark Ashton - who is meant to be the experienced football man on the board?  Maybe LJ has survived so far because the bosses know that the fault may not be entirely his.  I guess we will never know, and it is likely that SL and his board will be having deep and urgent discussions right now.

My view, FWIW, is that we should turn up and support the team to the rafters and to try to lift them at this difficult time.  We all want to survive and none of us are in control of the process or will have to make any decisions (apart from not turning up). We, as supporters, can only influence the atmosphere - if that atmosphere is poison - then some of the players may not give of their best and that could seal our fate. I hope that the fans have sufficient strength to help and not hinder during these last few games - just three wins will do it, whoever is in charge.  I don't really care who is the manager or head coach - I would just like to see City succeed in every way possible - be that avoiding the drop or winning league 1 next season.  I will not boo my team! I would rather encourage them to sweat blood for the cause (our cause) and have the inquest when the season is over and to make decisions in a calm and considered fashion and not under the pressure of the mob. 

Another apologist who can't admit how wrong they were / are

For someone who writes long and eloquent posts you don't have many answers or observations do you ?

You literally seem to have your eyes shut

I won't dissect your post but the answers to some of your numerous questions are in the public domain (E.g. Johnson and Lansdown have both stated the decision whether to sell Jk or not was left to Ashton and Johnson)

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Another apologist who can't admit how wrong they were / are

So you believe that if we create a poisonsous atmosphere and get on the players backs, that this will help us in the last few games? If that is your view, we disagree. I will support whoever manages the team.

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

So you believe that if we create a poisonsous atmosphere and get on the players backs, that this will help us in the last few games? If that is your view, we disagree. I will support whoever manages the team.

They've been backed and supported and backed and supported, when they havnt deserved it

Last night they gave up and downed tools - You think you clapping them will produce a performance from them ?

Really ?

Out of interest are you ready to admit you've been wrong in your blind faith in Johnson and Lansdown ?

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I repeat - we have four home games to save our bacon - you believe that we should create a poisonous mob atmosphers and I believe that we should try to encourage our team - who have been shown to have a problem with mental fragility.  I believe that they would respond better by being encouraged - how do you figure that that is so wrong?  After the season, you can go and demonstrate, write fierce posts - of whatever floats your boat. We need to pull together right now.

10 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Problem is, who could you get in now? You've left it too late, even too late for John Pemberton to take the last few games. Surely he could've kept you up?

Many of us believe that is exactly why Pembo was sacked . 

LJ got rid of the safe pair of hands to strengthen his position. 

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I repeat - we have four home games to save our bacon - you believe that we should create a poisonous mob atmosphers and I believe that we should try to encourage our team - who have been shown to have a problem with mental fragility.  I believe that they would respond better by being encouraged - how do you figure that that is so wrong?  After the season, you can go and demonstrate, write fierce posts - of whatever floats your boat. We need to pull together right now.

You do what you want - the players have had chance after chance - With the odd starring exception (The main one being a 19 yr old who isn't even ours) I couldn't give a shit what the players think

Their performances and particularly the second half last night demonstrated what they think of you , me and every other City supporter who pay their ridiculous wages

Time to drive Johnson out of our club

10 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Problem is, who could you get in now? You've left it too late, even too late for John Pemberton to take the last few games. Surely he could've kept you up?

If LJ went there are limited options now that Pemberton is no longer at the club. The other coaches haven't got the experience and it would be risky to give the job to a senior player with no experience at all. It's also too late to get a manager who is currently employed at another club, as we want him to start today. So, the only option is a manager / coach who is unemployed and, importantly, someone who is prepared to come to City. I know that money talks, but some of the managers mentioned wouldn't touch City with a barge pole. If we eliminate those who are poor managers we're left with an extremely small list. Then eliminate strong managers who would frighten SL and the list is even smaller.  In an ideal situation SL will have done some contingency planning and have a list ready, but I'm afraid he isn't part of the real world, so no list exits.  

Who would I turn to? Keith Millen. He had a tough intro as City manager a few years ago, but he's since had several years experience coaching at Premier League level. He's currently without a full time job and he might be interested in the challenge. 

However, it doesn't matter who is suggested, as City is the Titanic  and LJ is Captain Edward Smith going down with the ship

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If LJ went there are limited options now that Pemberton is no longer at the club. The other coaches haven't got the experience and it would be risky to give the job to a senior player with no experience at all. It's also too late to get a manager who is currently employed at another club, as we want him to start today. So, the only option is a manager / coach who is unemployed and, importantly, someone who is prepared to come to City. I know that money talks, but some of the managers mentioned wouldn't touch City with a barge pole. If we eliminate those who are poor managers we're left with an extremely small list. Then eliminate strong managers who would frighten SL and the list is even smaller.  In an ideal situation SL will have done some contingency planning and have a list ready, but I'm afraid he isn't part of the real world, so no list exits.  

Who would I turn to? Keith Millen. He had a tough intro as City manager a few years ago, but he's since had several years experience coaching at Premier League level. He's currently without a full time job and he might be interested in the challenge. 

However, it doesn't matter who is suggested, as City is the Titanic  and LJ is Captain Edward Smith going down with the ship

I'll tell you what - virtually any member of this forum could have as much chance as Johnson of getting a result

The change of mood with Johnson gone , they'd do it themselves - pick a sensible side and formation and let them go 

44 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The team don't give a toss. They want away and that is only why they decided to play up against Huddersfield in front of the cameras to put themselves in the shop window. Wake up and smell the coffee. Time to boycott.

FWIW I think Saturday will be a horrible day. Wolves always bring a good support to the Gate and will be in jubilant mood anyway with their recent turnaround. Be in no doubt their fans will be noisy and will be taking the p!ss something chronic. We would be the same if the roles were reversed. I really fear for us Saturday for many reasons and they have all been listed on this and many other threads since last night.

Whether we all unite behind the team and club or whether we voice our angry opinions and vent our spleens, I think the result will be the same. It also doesn't bode well for the QPR game either as it will be further impacted by the return of the nose on legs.

Apart from LJ being sacked, which I can't see happening. I can only see one way City can survive the drop. It has to be player power. Given the last 2 games the question is do they have it in them to do it? Ability, certainly. The will to do it, it looks doubtful.

Could they, once they kick off on Saturday take it upon themselves to play the way they want? i.e. a mutiny of sorts. If LJ and SL could see that the players haven't 'downed tools' but instead have completely disregarded the Coach and his staff and gone their own way, then surely the position of LJ and his staff would then be untenable?

One thing is for sure. Without a shift of seismic proportions, we have got to face a disgraceful relegation. 

• Admin
11 hours ago, RumRed said:

I don't understand why it's a tonking that convinces people?

We've been shocking but losing by 5 suddenly makes a difference? Didn't watch tonight's game but was there Saturday and it was horrendous, the score line really didn't matter to my thoughts on the manager and players.

Because the "rose tinted" supporters amongst us kept saying how we had only lost by the "odd goal" - now our worst defeat in years has made them realise what the majority have been saying all along

Archived