IGNORED

An Appeal to Fellow LJ Supporters

handsofclay

Just now, Atticus said:

Honestly, anyone.

The amount of times a new manager comes into a club and gets immediate results, at least short term is high.

Sacking him could be the lift the players need for the remainder of the season.

Agreed. Offer £50k a week for 6 weeks with a £750k bonus. 

Plenty of serious options then.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

This is only an option if the new manager had his contract paid up. If he's still being paid by a previous employer, it wouldn't be worthwhile.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Indeed.

We have pissed away so much money in players, why not spend some on a manager that knows what he is doing and has a chance to keep us up?

OK OK I give up! I'm probably the last Johnson supporter left. I've always tried to keep faith in LJ, praying that City could turn the corner and all would be well. Call me naive and gullible if you like, but that's how I felt. This evening, listening to the goals tumble in I started to waver and then found myself admitting that maybe he wasn't the messiah after all! I feel very sad about it all and won't be going down the vindictive route. I still feel we'll escape relegation. The thing that has changed for me is that I no longer want LJ to be at the helm. I am a stubborn old sod, but now I've cracked. Hi guys! Can I join your gang?

28 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It isn't too late because I believe we are by some strange undeserved quirk not in the relegation zone but meekly hovering lamentably above it. Give the job to Wilbs and GON, as suggested on here, and we might yet pull away from danger.

I would not be averse to that. 

2 minutes ago, glastonred said:

OK OK I give up! I'm probably the last Johnson supporter left. I've always tried to keep faith in LJ, praying that City could turn the corner and all would be well. Call me naive and gullible if you like, but that's how I felt. This evening, listening to the goals tumble in I started to waver and then found myself admitting that maybe he wasn't the messiah after all! I feel very sad about it all and won't be going down the vindictive route. I still feel we'll escape relegation. The thing that has changed for me is that I no longer want LJ to be at the helm. I am a stubborn old sod, but now I've cracked. Hi guys! Can I join your gang?

We're gonna need a bigger 'naughty' step! ;)

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, you've changed your tune.....still, it's too late....

Long term I firmly believe LJ will succeed, but right now something needs to change and as we can't change the players then the managers job is the only change we can make.

The players really have a lot to answer to imo.

There is a seriously mentality problem at this club. As soon as something goes against us they turn into a nervous wreck, just like we saw tonight.

What we need right now is a natural motivator to lead us to safety.

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, you've changed your tune.....still, it's too late....

The penny has dropped (Four months too late) even for the most clueless

the Blind faith have lost their faith

Dropping like flies , jumping ship pushing to get to the front

:laughcont:

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Long term I firmly believe LJ will succeed, but right now something needs to change and as we can't change the players then the managers job is the only change we can make.

The players really have a lot to answer to imo.

There is a seriously mentality problem at this club. As soon as something goes against us they turn into a nervous wreck, just like we saw tonight.

What we need right now is a natural motivator to lead us to safety.

:clapping:

Come on, where are the rest of you? @Emperor Palpatine @JHAGa @foghornred @Rednwhiterob @spudski @Captain Hindsight

There many to add to that list, what's the matter cat got your tongue.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

:clapping:

Come on, where are the rest of you? @Emperor Palpatine @JHAGa @foghornred @Rednwhiterob @spudski @Captain Hindsight

There many to add to that list, what's the matter cat got your tongue.

Bit weird that you seem to be getting joy out of tonight's result? I've literally made my own topic on tonight so sorry I didn't post in this thread which I hadn't even seen? Sad person.

I like LJ but the players have evidently stopped playing for him which is pathetic but we've seen it happen countless times with managers. They should all be ashamed.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Bit weird that you seem to be getting joy out of tonight's result? I've literally made my own topic on tonight so sorry I didn't post in this thread which I hadn't even seen? Sad person.

I like LJ but the players have evidently stopped playing for him which is pathetic but we've seen it happen countless times with managers. They should all be ashamed.

The players have stopped playing for him months ago but you and notable others refused to open your eyes whilst spouting excuses for him - you and Lansdown two,of a pair

They (The players) are disgraceful but stopped playing for him as they think he's clueless , a clown , and has pissed off virtually every member of the very large squad - have you got your head round that yet ?

Just now, JHAGa said:

No enjoyment. You like him, so feel free to defend that. I am sure many will want to hear your justification for continuous backing.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

No enjoyment. You like him, so feel free to defend that. I am sure many will want to hear your justification for continuous backing.

Your post implies otherwise, even have a list of names to rub your hands with glee over because City have had a terrible result. Well done you.

My defence of LJ has always been the same as my defence of other past managers like SC, Millen and SOD. It's usually the board's decision making at fault in the bigger picture but people fail to see the bigger picture and prefer to mind-numbingly blame the manager every single time and fail to spot the correlation that is clear as day.

I can't stick up for the manager after tonight's result. It was awful and evidently the players seem to have given up playing for him, which is what enfuriates me more than anything. They all should be fined. I'm sure LJ will go, we will make the same old mistakes from the top and the players will eventually give up on another manager. The cycle will no doubt go on.

But not to matter, those with agendas against LJ (A man who has always tried his best, it's not as if he has intentionally sabotaged the club, which is why I will never understand personal abuse so often directed his way) will celebrate him being sacked and then moan about the next manager and rejoice when he gets sacked. Good on you. You're all so big for doing that. Glad you enjoyed tonight's result.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Your post implies otherwise, even have a list of names to rub your hands with glee over because City have had a terrible result. Well done you.

My defence of LJ has always been the same as my defence of other past managers like SC, Millen and SOD. It's usually the board's decision making at fault in the bigger picture but people fail to see the bigger picture and prefer to mind-numbingly blame the manager every single time and fail to spot the correlation that is clear as day.

I can't stick up for the manager after tonight's result. It was awful and evidently the players seem to have given up playing for him, which is what enfuriates me more than anything. They all should be fined. I'm sure LJ will go, we will make the same old mistakes from the top and the players will eventually give up on another manager. The cycle will no doubt go on.

But not to matter, those with agendas against LJ (A man who has always tried his best, it's not as if he has intentionally sabotaged the club, which is why I will never understand personal abuse so often directed his way) will celebrate him being sacked and then moan about the next manager and rejoice when he gets sacked. Good on you. You're all so big for doing that. Glad you enjoyed tonight's result.

Thanks, enjoyed that greatly.

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Ha ha really struggling to squirm out of this aren't you. 

I don't need to back up my credentials, 13 years posting history does that. Not sure about you though.

Carry on waiving your manhood mate.  I'm just enjoying the Caffrey's and easing the pain. Peace xx

22 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Although I believe change will now happen and that it should happen you won't see me throwing my toys out of the pram and getting nasty when I don't get my own way.

Up until the moment I write this LJ is currently our head coach and until he's not he and the players will receive my 100 % support until they are no longer employees of BCFC despite my personal opinions because at the end of the day I'm a Bristol City fan and I want us to win every game we play despite which manager we have, or despite the players we have.

26 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Although I believe change will now happen and that it should happen you won't see me throwing my toys out of the pram and getting nasty when I don't get my own way.

Up until the moment I write this LJ is currently our head coach and until he's not he and the players will receive my 100 % support until they are no longer employees of BCFC despite my personal opinions because at the end of the day I'm a Bristol City fan and I want us to win every game we play despite which manager we have, or despite the players we have.

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Prior to tonight's match I was an LJ supporter. During the record run of defeats I seen the positive in that the defeats were narrow and we hadn't been tonked. I hoped we could turn things around and up until 2.59 pm on Saturday things had slightly improved.

Since 3.00 pm Saturday we have conceded seven (SEVEN) goals without response against Brentford and PNE. Even had it been against Villa and Newcastle that would be bad, but no, it was against Brentford and PNE.

I appeal to Fellow LJ supporters. See the light and demand that this man go. I have seen the light and feel much better for it. I am no longer in the give LJ a chance camp. I am now in the give BCFC a chance and get rid of LJ now camp !!!!

There is no defence for LJ, undoubtedly the worst game of the season and he is undoubtedly walking on water.

The only positives, and this only demonstrates just how weak all of the bottom 7 are (Burton have still to play), no wins or draws elsewhere. City cannot count on other teams to continue their shite form.

The game on Saturday will simply be toxic if there is no win.

The moderator rods are being withdrawn and the board is moving to meltdown.

As to supporting LJ, I can't say he's done himself any favours. The same applies to the team of players. At times like this, my patience is severely tested, however, I stand fast till the end of the season. It will be at the time of relegation that my support of LJ ends, a stance that will no doubt annoy some on this board - you'll just have to accept that supporters such as me exist.

4 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

There is no defence for LJ, undoubtedly the worst game of the season and he is undoubtedly walking on water.

The only positives, and this only demonstrates just how weak all of the bottom 7 are (Burton have still to play), no wins or draws elsewhere. City cannot count on other teams to continue their shite form.

The game on Saturday will simply be toxic if there is no win.

The moderator rods are being withdrawn and the board is moving to meltdown.

As to supporting LJ, I can't say he's done himself any favours. The same applies to the team of players. At times like this, my patience is severely tested, however, I stand fast till the end of the season. It will be at the time of relegation that my support of LJ ends, a stance that will no doubt annoy some on this board - you'll just have to accept that supporters such as me exist.

And I'm sorry , but you and others are part of the reason why Johnson is still here and why we are likely to get relegated 

Youll change at relegation ?

What a bizarre thought process !

Archived