IGNORED

Lee Johnson in the run for manager of the month (March)

RedM

2 hours ago, samo II said:

The power of Sky...

One decent performance on the old telly box, a god-awful game we edged at Wigan, a couple of draws including one where the opposition fired their manager after for only getting a point off us - people keep saying it is because we went unbeaten in March, but the award is for 'Manager of the Month', not going unbeaten.

I doubt anyone with anything more than a passing interest in our team would conclude that LJ was the best manager in March, even if we did go unbeaten.

Is it @Never to the dark side that's a BskyB shareholder and goes to the AGM with the sole premise of asking to get City on Sky more often? 

If so, perhaps NTTDS should keep well away from the next one!

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Don't think modern football has enough awards tbh... lets think up some more for consideration.....

How about Man Of The First Half/ Man Of The Second Half Awards to run alongside the current overall MOTM award.?

Manager Of The Pre-Match Media Interview Award  &  Manager Of The Post-Match Media Award.

Rant of the Week Award.

Foul Of The Week, .. Furthest Offside, .. Furthest Outside of Area Award When Conceding a Goal Award (goalies)

Sub of the Day ... Match Longest/Most Frequent Layer On The Grass Award (to be dubbed The Mag)

Skidmark Of The Day.. (length, depth, double/single footer, straightest etc)

Captain who has called most correct prematch referee coin tosses award ((The Tosser Of The Month/Year Award)

Each new category of award will obviously have a monetary value to help the often struggling recipients make ends meet, tis only fair after all.

Fair reward for the huge value for money effort, excitement and entertainment that these fellas provide for us with their blood sweat and tears week in week out.. we must reward the managers for their anazing cliché juggling efforts of linguistic scriptwriting, before and after every match, how they mange to keep the interviews so fresh and original is sublime artistry that deserves recognition..

Over to you, what aspects of the games go unrecognised or under appreciated in your opinion and are worthy of an Award? 

*PS ... Sponsorship opportunities aplenty, just waiting to be snapped up! (well you can't expect the impoverished football industry to fund this stuff itself can you.)

Skidmark of the day would have to be the one in my pants last night after that lamb jalfrezi

31 minutes ago, BCFCFreeman said:

God I hope Johnson doesn't win it and a bigger club come steal him away in the summer. How will we ever get to Europe without him.

Heaven forbid, didn't think of that, yes what if this well deserved award shines a spotlight on our sparkling undiscovered gem of a brilliant manager and some mega club tempts away our hero.... dammit, it could happen, doesn't bear thinking about, bloody awards ..gotta hate 'em!

Don't go Lee, I'm sure you have an unfinished  jobby or two to dump on us before you leave.

3 hours ago, samo II said:

The power of Sky...

One decent performance on the old telly box, a god-awful game we edged at Wigan, a couple of draws including one where the opposition fired their manager after for only getting a point off us - people keep saying it is because we went unbeaten in March, but the award is for 'Manager of the Month', not going unbeaten.

I doubt anyone with anything more than a passing interest in our team would conclude that LJ was the best manager in March, even if we did go unbeaten.

He hasn't won an award though. He's just been nominated because we were one of the top 4 teams in March.  Nothing to do with being on TV or just being unbeaten.

5 hours ago, #roe said:

He hasn't won an award though. He's just been nominated because we were one of the top 4 teams in March.  Nothing to do with being on TV or just being unbeaten.

It looks as if it is simply based off points gained, without any nuanced understanding of what is taking place at the clubs to be honest.

There is mention of LJ refusing to sacrifice his approach, and his successful month coming from this; I'm not so sure that was the case.

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I've added the link now, yup I thought it was a wind up too. Maybe this is what is saving him, only we would sack a manager who might get a Manager of the month award!

I also noticed flint retweet player of the season as he's been nominated for it :mf_sleep:

Good God, can you imagine the smug look on his face as LJ poses for a pic with the prestigious 'Month' trophy in his hand?!

He lost me with no return when he turned to sarcastically gesture at critical City fans in the Lower Lansdown when we somehow managed to beat the 'mighty, already doomed' Rotherham 1-0 with a late goal....as if to say, 'see, I'm a great coach don't ya know'...

He wasn't so smug and confident as he sneaked down the tunnel after Reading 2-1 and 2-3, Cardiff 2-1 and 2-3, Brentford 0-1 and 0-2, PNE 1-2 and 5-0.....etc etc etc etc etc....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good God, can you imagine the smug look on his face as LJ poses for a pic with the prestigious 'Month' trophy in his hand?!

He lost me with no return when he turned to sarcastically gesture at critical City fans in the Lower Lansdown when we somehow managed to beat the 'mighty, already doomed' Rotherham 1-0 with a late goal....as if to say, 'see, I'm a great coach don't ya know'...

He wasn't so smug and confident as he sneaked down the tunnel after Reading 2-1 and 2-3, Cardiff 2-1 and 2-3, Brentford 0-1 and 0-2, PNE 1-2 and 5-0.....etc etc etc etc etc....

Very harsh

He has a briefcase full of apology letters from the PGMO don't you know

Yeah right............

Archived