IGNORED

Is each day more negative?

ontariored

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Do you have any faith that Lansdown will know what to do?

I genuinely don't disagree with your sentiment. Bit things have to radically change after this season if city are to ever move forward.

The last 10 years speak volumes. 

I agree that things are not ideal and there are problems.  I am not sure where those problems start and what needs to be changed or improved.  SL is experienced and has a great plan to take the club forward. We have seen progress in the stadium and in the training facilities but both rugby and football have not performed to standard on the pitch.  It is, in my humble opinion, not the time to throw the toys out of the pram with so few matches left. Time to discuss improvements and changes once we are safe. I would expect that there are plenty of actions being discussed at a senior level and we will see the outcome in due course. These may - or may not satisfy the disgruntled fans, but I would expect SL to back his own judgement over that of a rude mob - but we shall see!

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I agree that things are not ideal and there are problems.  I am not sure where those problems start and what needs to be changed or improved.  SL is experienced and has a great plan to take the club forward. We have seen progress in the stadium and in the training facilities but both rugby and football have not performed to standard on the pitch.  It is, in my humble opinion, not the time to throw the toys out of the pram with so few matches left. Time to discuss improvements and changes once we are safe. I would expect that there are plenty of actions being discussed at a senior level and we will see the outcome in due course. These may - or may not satisfy the disgruntled fans, but I would expect SL to back his own judgement over that of a rude mob - but we shall see!

We need to stay up, that much we can all agree on.

The stadium however doesn't make up for the seasons and seasons of footballing failure. 

There is nothing in Lansdown's history to suggest to me he  knows how to take this club forward. 

Grounds don't win promotion. 

Just now, 054123 said:

We need to stay up, that much we can all agree on.

The stadium however doesn't make up for the seasons and seasons of footballing failure. 

There is nothing in Lansdown's history to suggest to me he  knows how to take this club forward. 

Grounds don't win promotion. 

Grounds set up the income streams to fund the club for years to come.  The purchase of so many young and inexperienced players might, in retrospect, have been unwise - but it was ambitious and is a plan that may still work well if we can stay up.  If we are relegated, it will cause difficulty and be a setback, which is why I don't think that now is the time to rock the boat. We all want the same thing - but would seek to achieve it in different ways.

14 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I do sometimes wonder if the negativity on here is matched across the whole of our supporters.

There are still big away followings and apparently a 'bumper' crowd due tomorrow.

I have yet to experience the same kind of feeling at AG as you get on here. I did stay away for the Fulham game though where, according to some on here, it was a bit more hostile.

I am as frustrated as anyone that LJ is still here. However I do wonder if the vitriol towards the club on here is a bit OTT. We have no divine right to success and I can't see how more negativity at this point in the season can help.

I am planning to be at all of our remaining games. I don't want us to go down, LJ is going nowhere this season, so I will be doing my bit to try and avoid the drop. I'm certain if he stays that LJ won't last beyond Christmas and I'm desperate for us to still be in the championship when he gets the deserved boot out the door.

I think it runs deeper than you think. 

I know lots of people who are deeply unhappy but will support the team whilst we are fighting.

If we were to be relegated before the end of the season, the gloves would be off, so to speak.

Suggesting posters are "happy to harm" the club is ridiculous. 

The inaction of the board is evidently harming the immediate prospects of the club and that is what people would like to put an end to. 

It's no more complicated than that. The fact some posters are abusive doesn't change the above. 

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Grounds set up the income streams to fund the club for years to come.  The purchase of so many young and inexperienced players might, in retrospect, have been unwise - but it was ambitious and is a plan that may still work well if we can stay up.  If we are relegated, it will cause difficulty and be a setback, which is why I don't think that now is the time to rock the boat. We all want the same thing - but would seek to achieve it in different ways.

I think this is the point raised by many.

We have believed and been patient for 10 years. 

The richest English man in the history of the sport, comes from Bristol and owns our club. I believed and believed and believed.

Maybe I'll believe a little longer, but when are we just being naive and foolish?

Just now, 054123 said:

I think it runs deeper than you think. 

I know lots of people who are deeply unhappy but will support the team whilst we are fighting.

If we were to be relegated before the end of the season, the gloves would be off, so to speak.

I agree completely. First and foremost people are desperately trying to stay behind the team, despite their deep dissatisfaction. I think going behind tomorrow against another team near the bottom with only a handful of games left may swing the pendulum yet again.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Suggesting posters are "happy to harm" the club is ridiculous. 

The inaction of the board is evidently harming the immediate prospects of the club and that is what people would like to put an end to. 

It's no more complicated than that. The fact some posters are abusive doesn't change the above. 

Anyone who seeks to deprive a football club of its income cannot be said to be encouraging that club - so they are happy to harm the club to make their point.  We have different opinions as to the true nature of the problems within the club and SL may well address some of these in his interview tomorrow.  I feel sure that he will have plans afoot to sort out all the issues. Staying up is the big fight and I just hope that some of the more strident posters on here can calm down for long enough to support the team on the pitch.  Most are so stupid that they are conflicted about not turning up or demonstrating - it would seem that one would preclude the other !  I believe that the club needs all of us to support them right now COYR!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Anyone who seeks to deprive a football club of its income cannot be said to be encouraging that club - so they are happy to harm the club to make their point.  We have different opinions as to the true nature of the problems within the club and SL may well address some of these in his interview tomorrow.  I feel sure that he will have plans afoot to sort out all the issues. Staying up is the big fight and I just hope that some of the more strident posters on here can calm down for long enough to support the team on the pitch.  Most are so stupid that they are conflicted about not turning up or demonstrating - it would seem that one would preclude the other !  I believe that the club needs all of us to support them right now COYR!

I don't think people are stupid.

Upset and disillusioned maybe more adequate. You've posted with tact and purpose up to this point, which I've enjoyed.

Don't let it slip.

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The richest English man in the history of the sport, comes from Bristol and owns our club. I believed and believed and believed.

Maybe I'll believe a little longer, but when are we just being naive and foolish?

I'm afraid the Rome was not built in a day. This has been the first season of the new stadium that was only fully opened after January.  We have made progress - but so have the other teams in the league. None of this is easy, and we have had difficulties with senior players fitness (GON) - at right back, Matthews, who was so good at right back last season and Lee Tomlin blowing hot and cold.  Our team has been patched up with some very young players and we don't know what else has been going on in the dressing and treatment rooms.  I have faith that our bright and intelligent management team can cope - but right now, they could do without vitriol from the terraces. I think we all want the same things.

14 minutes ago, 054123 said:

And be replaced by whom...?!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

They aren't stupid. 

I agree, on balance it might be best that we all pull together at this very late stage,  even if we think LJ would be better suited selling fridges in Curry's. 

But make no mistake, most of the people who are most angry have pointed out LJs shortcomings for a very long time. They've also supported the club with tens of thousands of their pounds over the years. They care! 

If this season still had 20 games to run maybe the argument would be more about who we could bring in. But the fact SL has been so stubborn has removed that option. 

Desperate times. 

You'll just have to accept my stupidity that at this end of the season I'd rather spend the day with the nipper, rather than spend another 10 hour day committed to a corporate mess where, I believe, SL is taking us for granted.

We criticised Cardiff for the shit storm they gladly swallowed. I don't see this as much different.

Good luck to all.  

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I don't think people are stupid.

Upset and disillusioned maybe more adequate. You've posted with tact and purpose up to this point, which I've enjoyed.

Don't let it slip.

If you have read some of the stuff that has been aimed at me today, a bloody saint would slip!  It also really pisses me off when people are prepared to cause problems for the club that I love at such a difficult time. I will calm down by tomorrow, when we stuff Wolves (hopefully) COYR

I

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I'm afraid the Rome was not built in a day. This has been the first season of the new stadium that was only fully opened after January.  We have made progress - but so have the other teams in the league. None of this is easy, and we have had difficulties with senior players fitness (GON) - at right back, Matthews, who was so good at right back last season and Lee Tomlin blowing hot and cold.  Our team has been patched up with some very young players and we don't know what else has been going on in the dressing and treatment rooms.  I have faith that our bright and intelligent management team can cope - but right now, they could do without vitriol from the terraces. I think we all want the same things.

I must admit my anger is with Lansdown and has been all year.

The results will bear out Johnsons fate, they always do.

Lansdown however isn't culpable in the same way. This is the part that worries me as when it comes to football, I really can't see where he has got it right. 

42 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Carrot rather than stick - our players may well be lacking confidence and I just feel that they could do without all this distraction at this time.  Once we are safe - that is the time for serious discussion - hopefully carried out in a calm, intelligent and businesslike manner.  

Well that will rule out the BS board then " serious discussion , intelligent businesslike 

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

If you have read some of the stuff that has been aimed at me today, a bloody saint would slip!  It also really pisses me off when people are prepared to cause problems for the club that I love at such a difficult time. I will calm down by tomorrow, when we stuff Wolves (hopefully) COYR

I get that. I don't want us to loose, ever.

I just find myself looking for the positives (as I try to do) and realising there's very little there. 

I get the stadium has been redeveloped at huge cost and I have posted elsewhere that I am grateful. 

The academy I think would have kicked on anyway. 

Would you stand by both mangers and owner if we went down?

Just now, 054123 said:

I

I must admit my anger is with Lansdown and has been all year.

The results will bear out Johnsons fate, they always do.

Lansdown however isn't culpable in the same way. This is the part that worries me as when it comes to football, I really can't see where he has got it right. 

I think he had a great plan, that for one reason or another, has not quite worked out. It may need adjustment rather than amputation. I just want whatever is best for the club and hope we stay up. If we are relegated, and to use a well worn phrase, "we go again"!

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Your optimism is admirable and you argue your corner well, although I think you enjoy the banter and welcome the attention. But to call our management team bright and intelligent is ridiculous as it is they who are responsible for the mess we're in. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And be replaced by whom...?!

I don't know.

Does it matter? I don't see how or why the previous 10 years would have been any different?

If you play the "we could have done a Leyton orient or Swindon and then where would we be" card, I'll play silly beggars and raise it with "we could have a done a Stoke or a Watford or a Swansea and then where would we be".

10 hours ago, Tiree said:

Bar BS3 is right and B F often posts sensibly which is good to read amongst all the dross of negativity about which so very few alternatives are offered up. Is the Forum overall view representative of BCFC supporters? Absolutely not and couldnt be further from a true representation.

When you go home and away there is frustration at the results this season but everyone agrees we have a club to support and a team to watch because of ONE MAN. His choice of managers is questionable though the previous could not possibly have achieved the task better, winning the double tand was then out of his depth as the current, inexperienced one may well prove to be.

When you only read on this Forum you could get upset by the posts; some are worthwhile, many are irrelevant

A remarkable claim that you know what our entire fanbase is thinking - and what a surprise, the only two 'likes' you got were from the two people you name-checked in your post.

Just now, 054123 said:

I get that. I don't want us to loose, ever.

I just find myself looking for the positives (as I try to do) and realising there's very little there. 

I get the stadium has been redeveloped at huge cost and I have posted elsewhere that I am grateful. 

The academy I think would have kicked on anyway. 

Would you stand by both mangers and owner if we went down?

Most of the rest answered on my last post - but your last point is  particularly interesting - I believe that there needs to be a great deal of corporate investigation and head scratching. I'm sure that they have been doing this and we will see the results of their deliberations in due course. It may need adjustment rather than surgery - SL is experienced and very ambitious, so I expect him to sort it out and give us a fine team to go with our fine stadium. Relegation would be a setback - so let's support the lads to the rafters! COYR!

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Your optimism is admirable and you argue your corner well, although I think you enjoy the banter and welcome the attention. But to call our management team bright and intelligent is ridiculous as it is they who are responsible for the mess we're in. 

I think there should be a distinction between business and footballing acumen. 

Our management team certainly don't have both. 

And I care very little for their professional CVs or IQs

3 minutes ago, redapple said:

If we were five points better off, the mood would have been far less volatile. As LJ has said, it is a game of fine margins!

Archived