IGNORED

Is each day more negative?

ontariored

It appears to me that most fans on here are fed up to the back teeth either arguing or be-labouring LJ and his capabilities. It has now moved onto the Board and ownership Members who are not responsive in any shape or form. 

This situation can only get worse, on and off the field. Negativity and inept leadership is now on the radar of BS. Albeit, I am not criticizing, only trying to highlight a fact that will rapidly go sour for all parties. 

SL and BS have backed themselves into a very precarious corner. again, they have done this themselves by inaction. SL, I care about the BCFC , not so much the illusion of BS, get off your arse and do something please!

11 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Each and everyone at the club apart from Adam Baker and the ticket office employees must be sacked. It's in the walls. We are close to always nothing but total shit. Wasting money like it was for free. Total incompetence.  

Bit unfair on the ground staff, Tommy. 

Maybe it would help if people tried to be more positive and stopped the sniping at SL and LJ because it is creating the negativity.  The situation is bad enough without some of you guys trying to put the boot in. We need to win matches at the moment - the bickering is NOT going to help that process. COYR!

Everyone trying to start their own new thread on a new view of negativity is not helpful. At the same time many posters seem to want to find negatives. When the players refund ticket costs, they should also refund travel it should have been SL or LJ etc. Not a whole lot to be positive about I would agree but simply finding a new way to be negative each day is not helping.

People on here need to man up. 

Things are not good, we all know that, but the state of surrender is pathetic! 

We are in a dog fight, so stand up, pull together and fight, together!

We still, somehow, aren't event in the relegation zone, yet! And certainly not doomed. 

We can survive this IF we hold our nerve, stay strong and help by doing our bit from the stands. 

I don't care if you don't like LJ, SL, MA or anyone else in the club (at the moment) this is our club and rolling over & going down with a whimper is not an option. 

Thankfully the supporters at recent games have not reflected the spineless, cry baby, spoilt brats that are in abundance on here. 

CTID, remember...?! 

COYR! We CAN do this. 

THEN, come middle of May, that is the time for finger pointing and post mortumn. Hopefully over our battered& bruised, but still hanging on in there, championship status. 

I do sometimes wonder if the negativity on here is matched across the whole of our supporters.

There are still big away followings and apparently a 'bumper' crowd due tomorrow.

I have yet to experience the same kind of feeling at AG as you get on here. I did stay away for the Fulham game though where, according to some on here, it was a bit more hostile.

I am as frustrated as anyone that LJ is still here. However I do wonder if the vitriol towards the club on here is a bit OTT. We have no divine right to success and I can't see how more negativity at this point in the season can help.

I am planning to be at all of our remaining games. I don't want us to go down, LJ is going nowhere this season, so I will be doing my bit to try and avoid the drop. I'm certain if he stays that LJ won't last beyond Christmas and I'm desperate for us to still be in the championship when he gets the deserved boot out the door.

@robin_unreliant

You are, thankfully, right. 

Anyone judging our support by this forum would rightly have us down as pathetic, spineless, spoilt, turncoats who all want to jump ship. 

The reality at games has been very much the opposite. Good numbers and good vocal backing. 

If you could remove only about 10 posters on here, you'd probably shed 70% of the negativity that breeds from there boring, repetitive, whinging posts that appear on thread after thread. 

The negativity, discontent and infighting will continue for as long as the puppet master employs LJ

WHY? Because for each day he continues a little bit more of OUR football Club dies.

It's Sad but really is that simple. I think the fan base as a whole has been incredible during this record breaking season

8 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Bar BS3 is right and B F often posts sensibly which is good to read amongst all the dross of negativity about which so very few alternatives are offered up. Is the Forum overall view representative of BCFC supporters? Absolutely not and couldnt be further from a true representation.

When you go home and away there is frustration at the results this season but everyone agrees we have a club to support and a team to watch because of ONE MAN. His choice of managers is questionable though the previous could not possibly have achieved the task better, winning the double tand was then out of his depth as the current, inexperienced one may well prove to be.

When you only read on this Forum you could get upset by the posts; some are worthwhile, many are irrelevant

Deryn Coller?

56 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Bar BS3 is right and B F often posts sensibly which is good to read amongst all the dross of negativity about which so very few alternatives are offered up. Is the Forum overall view representative of BCFC supporters? Absolutely not and couldnt be further from a true representation.

When you go home and away there is frustration at the results this season but everyone agrees we have a club to support and a team to watch because of ONE MAN. His choice of managers is questionable though the previous could not possibly have achieved the task better, winning the double tand was then out of his depth as the current, inexperienced one may well prove to be.

When you only read on this Forum you could get upset by the posts; some are worthwhile, many are irrelevant

I'm sorry but that is absolute nonsense on a few levels.

Firstly unless you have canvassed every supporter then there's no way you can say with any certainty that the forum isn't representative of the consensus of fans. Don't get me wrong this forum is just a microcosm of views but every supporter that I speak to that are not forum users are all 100% negative and jaded after the events of the last couple of years. We still support but that doesn't stop us being mighty pissed off

Secondly you state with fact and authority that the only reason we have a club to support and the team to watch is because of one man. I'm sorry but that is an absolute bag of bollox. Try taking a history lesson and you'll find that this club only exists because of eight men that gave up their livelihoods in 1982 and because of THE FANS that keep coming back year on year. The supporters were the lifeblood of the club when we stood on the terraces in the fourth division and the supporters will be here long after any owners and board members.

I will give you that we may not have a shiny new stadium and we may not even be in the championship but have no doubts OUR club would be here with or without one man.

Sorry if that's more negativity for you as I stated previously the general feeling of negativity will only continue to exist as long as SL refuses to bring the curtain down on this current debacle of a management team.

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

IMG_0966.JPG

The saga that is Bristol City continues. To be honest who cares any more.... Those that run the club are responsible for the circus being conducted and all in all, I have never been so disappointed with it all. It is now even more clear that Cotterill was betrayed and the real villains are the board.

SL has got away with murder because he is a "local lad" but he is personally responsible for appointing inexperienced coaches/administrators and those with questionable records. He has got lucky with only 2 appointments Gary Johnson and Cotterill. Interesting that both were made when we were near the bottom of League One and in both cases, he surrendered "control" to the manager. Bar them, he has been car crash with his appointments. The investment he has made has not translated into sustainable success or progress on the pitch. With all of his wealth and experience, we should be banging on the promotion door not hovering below Burton.... His backing of LJ is unacceptable and it has been clear for a long time that despite significant investment (which I cannot ever personally remember being given to any other manager) LJ is simply not up to it AND HE NEVER WAS - just like Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll.  Bear this in mind - we have nearly 5 million quid either on the bench or out of the club (Mags, Engvall, Moore).... WTF is going on.....there cannot be many managers in our recent past who have been afforded the luxury of this squad and resources.... 

I have seen relegations before which were upsetting. I have also seen some maulings that made me angry. I recall a game at blackpool under Millen which was comparable to the shite that took place against Preston, where players visibly gave up. I think I also remember a 5-1 smashing by Wolves at home.  This is different as I believe that LJ is not taking responsibility. He is blaming the players and is almost smirking about it... it aint funny, Lee and maybe you need a slap or two from David Moyes.....

The solution to all of this - dont go. Why bother? Why let it ruin your weekend?  Why listen to the drivel and pure bull that comes out of LJ's mouth. He cannot help himself and that is why a lot of fans actually hate him. I cannot recall too many managers who have received similar treatment. Fans are treated with contempt and can anyone say that the quality of the football has been good. It has been shite for a long time and this is shown by the results. Bar not for Tammy we would be in real trouble. It beggars belief that LJ remains and now we are going to have to hear a 3rd vote of confidence on Saturday from SL. The man is not fit to run a football club and clearly those in the know have information about the club which vindicate what others have said has been going on down the gate for years.  

What makes this worse is the spiel from HQ - LJ, "we should aim for Europa League in 5 years", SL, "my aim is promotion within 2 years to the PL"..... The only chance we have got of playing in Europe is on a pre-season tour. And as for the PL, we have more chance of playing in League Two. Laughable. Utterly laughable. Except it is not funny because we care about our club and we hate to see it being ridiculed ..... With all of the resources at our disposal heads should roll on all levels of the club for the state it is now in. Even the Academy teams are getting spanked.... Not acceptable. Time to demolish those 5 pillars before we are left with ruins....

To hell with it all. I have not renewed my season ticket and I have used the £ for a well earned holiday.  There will be plenty of seats when we are back nesting in League One, because that now looks very likely.  What a sorry tale that is Bristol City....

3 hours ago, Tiree said:

But the fans are the club. As Wimbledon and Portsmouth have proved, the business can go bust but the club will never die so long as the fans want it to exist. I subscribe to CTID and if that means watching City at any level then that is fine. What I cannot abide is the watering down of the clubs identity and poor treatment of fans. 

21 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Maybe it would help if people tried to be more positive and stopped the sniping at SL and LJ because it is creating the negativity.  The situation is bad enough without some of you guys trying to put the boot in. We need to win matches at the moment - the bickering is NOT going to help that process. COYR!

I'm amazed. 

Where on earth do you draw the line?

21 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Look you Fat Bastard.  Can you please stop talking shit EVERY DAY.  Thank you for listening

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I'm amazed. 

Where on earth do you draw the line?

Carrot rather than stick - our players may well be lacking confidence and I just feel that they could do without all this distraction at this time.  Once we are safe - that is the time for serious discussion - hopefully carried out in a calm, intelligent and businesslike manner.  

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

People on here need to man up. 

Things are not good, we all know that, but the state of surrender is pathetic! 

We are in a dog fight, so stand up, pull together and fight, together!

We still, somehow, aren't event in the relegation zone, yet! And certainly not doomed. 

We can survive this IF we hold our nerve, stay strong and help by doing our bit from the stands. 

I don't care if you don't like LJ, SL, MA or anyone else in the club (at the moment) this is our club and rolling over & going down with a whimper is not an option. 

Thankfully the supporters at recent games have not reflected the spineless, cry baby, spoilt brats that are in abundance on here. 

CTID, remember...?! 

COYR! We CAN do this. 

THEN, come middle of May, that is the time for finger pointing and post mortumn. Hopefully over our battered& bruised, but still hanging on in there, championship status. 

I don't disagree but I'll expect you to show as much passion in helping sort this ****** up mess out, when you feel the time is right.

Make no mistake, regardlessof match day support,  Lansdown is clueless and Johnson is hopeless. Those two facts are unquestionable based on both mens body of work in their respective roles.

Every match as seen brilliant support, but the above is undeniable true.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Carrot rather than stick - our players may well be lacking confidence and I just feel that they could do without all this distraction at this time.  Once we are safe - that is the time for serious discussion - hopefully carried out in a calm, intelligent and businesslike manner.  

Do you have any faith that Lansdown will know what to do?

I genuinely don't disagree with your sentiment. Bit things have to radically change after this season if city are to ever move forward.

The last 10 years speak volumes. 

Just now, paulcityfan said:

Look you Fat Bastard.  Can you please stop talking shit EVERY DAY.  Thank you for listening

I always thought that the forum was for people to be able to express different points of view.  In my long life I have frequently known mobs to be mistaken in their beliefs and conclusions. In an age of supposed enlightenment, are you suggesting that I should allow myself and others with views like mine, to be silenced by a rude and pretty unpleasant minority, who are happy to harm our club?  After 50 years as a supporter, I love City and would like to see them flourish and prosper. Time for all this discussion is when we are safe. Be cool! COYR!

Archived