IGNORED

Is Johnson improving?

GJS

Results have improved greatly from  our horrific run earlier in the season.

my question is does anyone think LJ has learned from his mistakes?

My personal opinion is he definitely has. Keeping the same back four has paid off in the recent weeks.

It looks like he will be in charge next season. Will be do better next season if he learns from this season?

I posted on here the other night, he's not the worst manager in history as some think. He did brilliantly from February to October and from October to recently, LJ struggled. I'd say his actual ability is somewhere between the two but as a very inexperienced coach will constantly be learning and will certainly have learned a lot from that run of results, I'm sure. It's his first full season as a Championship manager, he's bound to be.

Just now, JHAGa said:

I posted on here the other night, he's not the worst manager in history as some think. He did brilliantly from February to October and from October to recently, LJ struggled. I'd say his actual ability is somewhere between the two but as a very inexperienced coach will constantly be learning and will certainly have learned a lot from that run of results, I'm sure. It's his first full season as a Championship manager, he's bound to be.

Ability somewhere between about average and awful?

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Ability somewhere between about average and awful?

What part from February to October was average? Turning a side fighting for relegation into one that consistently won and were in the PO's? He's W23 L29 with us. Seems a pretty standard record for City in the Championship to me, and he's a young coach that I'm sure will learn from the experience he's garnered this season.

Just now, JHAGa said:

What part from February to October was average? Turning a side fighting for relegation into one that consistently won and were in the PO's? He's W23 L29 with us. Seems a pretty standard record for City in the Championship to me, and he's a young coach that I'm sure will learn from the experience he's garnered this season.

Even when we got up to 5th the football wasn't consistently great

We didn't score a first half home goal for months

His tactics were sussed out pretty quickly 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Even when we got up to 5th the football wasn't consistently great

We didn't score a first half home goal for months

His tactics were sussed out pretty quickly 

You weren't happy when we were in that position then?

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Not standard when you consider his transfer budget

Management is about getting more than the sum of the parts.

He's consistently achieved less then the sum of the parts. 

Let's not have a climax over a few results. He needs to do a hell of a lot more to convince me. Shame that may well be another season of despair in the Championship. 

Well done today though. 

Just now, JHAGa said:

You weren't happy when we were in that position then?

Happy with the position but this was because teams around us weren't capitalising, so we didn't drop down so quickly initially 

Not particularly impressed with the football and movement 

Only real great performance was villa second half, after a regular first half bore fest 

Archived