IGNORED

Is Johnson improving?

GJS

Just now, Portland Bill said:

It's not hard to improve after losing his last game 5-0, it's also not hard to improve after losing 8 games in a row. 

Do I think he's improving, no.

So the undefeated mini run prior to the Brentford defeat wasn't a sign of Junior developing as a SBC manager?

53 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

The biggest problem I have with him is he picks out individuals for criticism and today his "I had to pick players I can trust" if you were a player not picked today then plain and simple the manager doesn't trust you. How would that make you feel as can player?. He simply had no need to make that comment.

I think tactics to one side, it is that side of him he needs to overcome quickly.

I first noticed it first away at Wednesday when he effectively had a go at our goalie. Yes it was a clanger, but at the time I thought 'I hope he does not make a habit of that', and he has.

I was always taught 'praise publically, bollock privately'. Successful managers seem to have a habit of when things are going badly blaming themselves, the ref, decisions, whatever, to keep pressure off their players. Love your staff, or in this case your players. You have to believe when they walk through the door in the morning 99.9% of the time they want to do a good job.

He remains a very poor man manager and a very dubious coach.

We also know, following the dreadful interview with SL, that he promotes his friends and like his boss doesn't like anything other than yes men.

Fully believe next season will be just as dire as this, if not worse as recruitment will be doubly difficult, whatever division we are in.

Deeply depressed

43 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Maybe. First full season at this level, started very well. He obviously had a massive dip but is finishing well, no matter how much the haters don't like to admit it. I'd give him till Christmas and see what happens. 

Finishing well? Seriously? We lost 5-0 four days ago!

Yes, great win today, but the inconsistency of results under him are staggering, our last four games have been 4-0, 0-2, 0-5 and 3-1. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Why must we go through this every time? He's not the man to take the club forward.  As much as SL wants him as his play thing it'll all end in tears. 

You hope we lose just to prove your points? Mind you you are not the only ones on here that want to see us go down....bizarre. The question was is he improving? Three wins out of five suggest he might be, but hey ho you keep wishing. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Why must we go through this every time? He's not the man to take the club forward.  As much as SL wants him as his play thing it'll all end in tears. 

You hope we lose just to prove your points? Mind you you are not the only ones on here that want to see us go down....bizarre. The question was is he improving? Three wins out of five suggest he might be, but hey ho you keep wishing. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So the undefeated mini run prior to the Brentford defeat wasn't a sign of Junior developing as a SBC manager?

Not when you look at the following two games, would you say seven goals conceded in two games is a sign of someone learning from their mistakes?

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How mini do you want, we won 5 matches in 6 months. And can you stop with this ridiculous SBC nonsense, you've been doing it for so long now and not one other person has adopted it, how much are Sky Bet paying you?

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

He remains a very poor man manager and a very dubious coach.

We also know, following the dreadful interview with SL, that he promotes his friends and like his boss doesn't like anything other than yes men.

Fully believe next season will be just as dire as this, if not worse as recruitment will be doubly difficult, whatever division we are in.

Deeply depressed

Hay ho... at least we won today, that must make you happy, maybe? :facepalm:

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Not when you look at the following two games, would you say seven goals concede in two games is a sign of someone learning from their mistakes?

Truth is, not sure what to make of it at the moment! Last four games the agg is 7-8 and we have picked up six points. The only consistent has been the team scoring first has gone on to win easily.

It is difficult to know right now where truth lies. Reading are clearly not awful despite getting tonked today. We are most likely not as good as we were against an (at the time) in form Huddersfield, or as bad as we were against Preston.

If we stay up, looks like it is going to be home form that will see us over the line. All I can do is get behind them and hope!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not when you look at the following two games, would you say seven goals conceded in two games is a sign of someone learning from their mistakes?

Until the stuffing at PNE City had lost all but one of their matches by the odd goal. 

The 5 goal defeat was the only hammering City had suffered. A rarity in other words

Just now, Robbored said:

Until the stuffing at PNE City had lost all but one of their matches by the odd goal. 

The 5 goal defeat was the only hammering City had suffered. A rarity in other words

So it's ok to lose and lose and lose again so long as it's only by one goal?

brilliant. I'll look forward to the success of next season;

P46 

W 0

D 0

L 46

GD -46

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Other than the game directly before at Brentford and before that Villa ...Fulham....

So a real accurate point :thumbsup:

:facepalm::facepalm:

Still all good attention .... eh

Just now, Robbored said:

No they hadn't, Brighton,Brentford, Fulham and Villa beat us by two goals. Do keep up.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

P46 

W 0

D 0

L 46

GD -46

its a bit like when you are running after a criminal and you just get one of his/her shoes you have only lost by one shoe or in football terms one goal.

Just now, reddoh said:

its a bit like when you are running after a criminal and you just get one of his/her shoes you have only lost by one shoe or in football terms one goal.

This is probably the most pissed thing I've ever read! Good work!

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

P46 

W 0

D 0

L 46

GD -46

If we had lost 5-4 at PNE, I'm convinced that  Robbered would have been thrilled!

36 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Other than the game directly before at Brentford and before that Villa ...Fulham....

So a real accurate point :thumbsup:

:facepalm::facepalm:

Still all good attention .... eh

He finds facts really difficult to understand..

Just now, GrahamC said:

He finds facts really difficult to understand..

Still waiting for him to name the  'respected journalist' who told him and the senior Reds that we have apology letters from the PGMO 

Not sure why it's such a secret :whistle:

Maybe the Senior Reds have to go through a Masonic Style Secret Vow

:fear:

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Utter nonsense, even LJ admitted that teams needed to do little to beat us and odd goal defeats are evidence of that.

City have been hammered once this season and given our precarious league position most would expect to see us getting stuffed more regularly. 

Narrow defeats and poor refereeing haven't helped either......

Just now, Robbored said:

City have been hammered once this season and given our precarious league position most would expect to see us getting stuffed more regularly. 

And the name of this journalist ?

Or is that an imaginary fact as well ?

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You really are one ******* wum, not so long ago you actually started a thread about bad luck evening itself out over a season and now to try to prove one of your pathetic non points you throw in this load of old shite, but hey refereeing that led to our winning goal at Wigan per chance?

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You really are one ******* wum, not so long ago you actually started a thread about bad luck evening itself out over a season and now to try to prove one of your pathetic non points you throw in this load of old shite, but hey refereeing that led to our winning goal at Wigan per chance?

And the attention seeking threads about how he was going to storm around the concourse and punch LJ of course

Changes his tune by the hour

it's the attention he craves 

I really really hope he comes good. I don't like his manner or the way the club is behaving but my inner-happy clapper is screaming that this is the proverbial corner being turned and we'll finally see us establish ourselves as a championship club. But probably not.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

P46 

W 0

D 0

L 46

GD -46

Wonder what odds you can get on that?

4 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

How can anyone ever take you seriously with the shit you come out with....?!?

The shit I come put with? Rock bottom suggests us being being bottom of the table, adrift and when the **** has that happened under LJs management? Granted we've been shit but we've never been cut adrift. 

Archived