IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Don't suggest the pub was involved! You'll never hear the end of it!

3 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

I agree mate. Why does it matter if they went to the game or not?  I'm confused. Where does the line stop. 

I detest football violence, I don't understand why people want to get involved , but that's another argument.

There has been numerous comments on here about the way our fans have been treated. The travel to Cardiff, the many incidents with WMP. Now as a football fan, who travels the country to watch my team , I'm impacted to an extent by this. The comments that fans of our club have done this, with no proof at this time, being stated by the police, and also the local media has an impact on Bristol City fans, who travel away.

Reputation goes before every club, and it's difficult to shake of a negative reputation.

I will add that if the two guys are fans of our club, I hope Bristol City Football Club acts and bans them for life following any punishment imposed by the courts.

Just now, daored said:

I will add that if the two guys are fans of our club, I hope Bristol City Football Club acts and bans them for life following any punishment imposed by the courts.

I guess the club has total discretion on that point but fairly difficult to prove absolutely that the violence was football related,even though it is likely to be the case.

This really has been blown out of all proportion.

I have no idea what happened Saturday night, nor who was involved.

Similarly I have no idea about 100s of similar incidents on Saturday night in both Bristol and Wolverhampton.

Please don't take this the wrong way, butility I'm not bothered either.  I'll trust the police to investigate the matter and the CPS to take the case forward if need be.

I can't really see what more needs to be said.

Just now, 054123 said:

This really has been blown out of all proportion.

I have no idea what happened Saturday night, nor who was involved.

Similarly I have no idea about 100s of similar incidents on Saturday night in both Bristol and Wolverhampton.

I'll trust the police to investigate the matter and the CPS to take the case forward if need be.

I can't really see what more needs to be said.

I think all we can say for sure is that it DEFINITELY involved the Masonic. 

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

I'm beginning to understand why people from the club, police whatever don't come on here to respond to anything. We constantly grumble that they don't, then when they do they are given such a hard time I bet they wish they'd never bothered.

I was about to say the same and that one of them had gone quiet but I thought too soon.

Some of the bollocks on here is nothing short of a disgrace. Love ins between those who reminisce about football violence "back in the day".... 

And from grown "men" who must now be approaching 60. ******* hell.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I was about to say the same and that one of them had gone quiet but I thought too soon.

Some of the bollocks on here is nothing short of a disgrace. Love ins between those who reminisce about football violence "back in the day".... 

And from grown "men" who must now be approaching 60. ******* hell.

Very misleading, that, so say the least.

There are 372 replies to this thread, of which 2 refer to "football violence back in the day", and both of those specifically refer to City and Wolves incidents, not general tear ups.

I also think @Loon plage has made some reasonable points.

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Have we even established yet the actions of the Wolves fans? maybe they attacked the City supporters who then acted in self defence? I really hope some posters on here are not on jury service anytime soon or I fear some poor sod will be swinging from the gallows before the evidence has been read. Don't get me wrong if it was a brutal, unprovoked attack they deserve all that is coming to them but it appears nobody knows (or is telling) the full story. Innocent until proven guilty in the UK may I remind you.

Unless you are Jeremy Corbyn  being interviewed by the BBC of course.

8 hours ago, italian dave said:

I'm beginning to understand why people from the club, police whatever don't come on here to respond to anything. We constantly grumble that they don't, then when they do they are given such a hard time I bet they wish they'd never bothered.

for police to use this page to appeal to city fans to snitch on each other is both divisive and disrespectful. Kicking people in the head is a low thing to do, but by the sound of it it's looking increasingly likely that the Wolves fans weren't larking around BS3 for wholly innocent reasons. I hope that the more wizened associates of those arrested have a word with them, but i think reading between the lines here it looks like wolves found what they were looking for but came off worse. I'm glad those injured are going to be fine, and think that should be the matter over. Nothing to see, move on, etc. 

9 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

for police to use this page to appeal to city fans to snitch on each other is both divisive and disrespectful. Kicking people in the head is a low thing to do, but by the sound of it it's looking increasingly likely that the Wolves fans weren't larking around BS3 for wholly innocent reasons. I hope that the more wizened associates of those arrested have a word with them, but i think reading between the lines here it looks like wolves found what they were looking for but came off worse. I'm glad those injured are going to be fine, and think that should be the matter over. Nothing to see, move on, etc. 

I can only hope you never ever get the oportunity to do do jury service. I also can only hope any of your family remaining in the UK are never victims of crime that require witnesses or snitches!! 

Wow just wow :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

I can only hope you never ever get the oportunity to do do jury service. I also can only hope any of your family remaining in the UK are never victims of crime that require witnesses or snitches!! 

Wow just wow :facepalm:

snitches is harsh, I don't mean it like that, but I'm prepared to wear my tin hat now I've said my piece. My point is it feels a little wrong that the police are on here fishing for evidence when it appears this has been the result of consenting parties. As I say, kicking someone in the head is a lowlife thing to do and I'm glad the Wolves fans will recover! 

24 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Worst.  Post.  Ever.

12 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

snitches sounds a little harsh, I don't quite mean it like that, but I'm prepared to wear my tin hat now I've said my piece. My point is it feels a little wrong that the police are on here fishing for evidence when it appears this has been the result of consenting parties. As I say, kicking someone in the head is a lowlife thing to do and I'm glad the Wolves fans will recover! 

No one on here knows. And that's completely beside the point.

24 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Pls see my reply above! 

34 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

snitches is harsh, I don't mean it like that, but I'm prepared to wear my tin hat now I've said my piece. My point is it feels a little wrong that the police are on here fishing for evidence when it appears this has been the result of consenting parties. As I say, kicking someone in the head is a lowlife thing to do and I'm glad the Wolves fans will recover! 

Yes and then went on to justify why!! The rest of the sentence is just disingenuous after your OP

I just hope this all calms down as soon as possible.

It was my first match back at The Gate this season (work commitments) and I thought we played ok. My view from the South Stand was great, a bit like a posh Wedlock Stand. Not many staff and the food was over-priced rubbish but what's new there!

I wanted to have a pint in the Masonic after the game but was delayed chatting and I got to the pub this had all happened. I asked a Police woman what had happened and she said it was a 'football fight' whatever that means?!

its a shame as I have always found it an old school football boozer with no problems. I hope the Police get back on here and clarify the fact that the fight was not connected to the pub. Near to a pub and in a pub are different things. 

I don't think it's wrong for the moderators to try and get some facts for this forum as I often read it and checked after I saw there had been trouble. The Mods do a good job on here and it's a shame the Police think they can hi-jack that good work. If the Police want information they should investigate, not sit typing on a key board

just wanted to know everyone was ok. 

The last thing we need is headlines for the wrong reasons. Old enough to remember when there was trouble after every game, we don't want to go back to those days.

Just read this entire thread.

Agree, this is a football fan forum, not somewhere where the OB can come on here when it suits asking us to grass on others. A stupid comment from Chief Sneak Julie can get misread in so many ways!

Ban the OB from OTIB mods! 

So the police shouldn't use the largest Bristol City forum to appeal for information about a very 2 serious assaults that were allegedly perpetrated by Bristol City fans? Is that really what you're saying? 

I'd suggest that the police would be negligent in not so doing. Have a word with yourself. 

9 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Agree, this is a football fan forum, not somewhere where the OB can come on here when it suits asking us to grass on others. A stupid comment from Chief Sneak Julie can get misread in so many ways!

She came on because fans were requesting information about the rumours of a death, and fair play to her for sharing info and putting that little myth to bed.

The miscreants are being identified by CCTV, as tends to happen when thickies kick off in high street locations. 

10 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

So, if a City fan, perhaps a member of your family or a close friend, ended up with serious injuries as a result of an incident at an away match, you wouldn't want the police to appeal to the fans of that club for information? 

On 4/10/2017 at 08:37, JulieH said:

A very brief update, both wolves fans still in hospital. Hoping to be released today or tomorrow.

2 males arrested and released on bail for cctv enquiries etc.

i can confirm both arrested males are Bristol city fans. Both males in hospital are wolves fans.

i can also confirm that the Masonic pub was involved in the incident.

again if any person witnessed either the start or the end of this incident then please contact 101, the incident is believed to have started in the direct area outside the Masonic pub and concluded directly outside the spotted cow.

hopefully I have answered most queries.i am hopeful to get some details on injuries asap 

I live directly outside where said incident took place and have heard all sorts.

On the night I was told someone was stabbed and that it was a potential murder scene, whilst someone else told me 2 wolves fans got their head kicked on. Either way, the police dogs man allowed me through with my battered sausage and chips to go home, so happy days.

Other posters on this forum argued black and blue the road was open and in use 10 mins after the event but, as someone who lives on the spot it happened, I can confirm the road was shut until about 9PM with only the odd resident car here or there allowed through.

Laughable how Chinese whispers operate. Loud mouthed opinionated people who don't know all the facts should shut up until they do.

On 10/04/2017 at 13:18, slartibartfast said:

How is it possible to get FACTS totally wrong...

Surprised it didn't say last year..... Labour win General Election !

They did mention Winston got back in. He only died just before I was born

14 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I live directly outside where said incident took place and have heard all sorts.

On the night I was told someone was stabbed and that it was a potential murder scene, whilst someone else told me 2 wolves fans got their head kicked on. Either way, the police dogs man allowed me through with my battered sausage and chips to go home, so happy days.

Other posters on this forum argued black and blue the road was open and in use 10 mins after the event but, as someone who lives on the spot it happened, I can confirm the road was shut until about 9PM with only the odd resident car here or there allowed through.

Laughable how Chinese whispers operate. Loud mouthed opinionated people who don't know all the facts should shut up until they do.

So how many died ?

For those especially early on in the thread suggesting that this incident was somehow the end of football, and for those people I saw on the BP website tarring all football fans with the hooligan label.

Number of arrests 2 

Attendance at the game 20,323. 

Archived