IGNORED

How much will Steve give Lee

Negan

34 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

15 million gets banded about but where did this come from? 

Transfermarkt says we spent 10 including 3 million on Tomlin (who the majority thought was good business) 

I can't make 15 million or anywhere near that either.

42 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Transfermarkt says we spent 10 including 3 million on Tomlin (who the majority thought was good business) 

The fees on there are pretty much made up. From what i know it's more like the below:

Hordur - £2.6m

Tomlin - £3.2m

Djuric - £500k

Hegeler - £300k

Taylor Moore - £1.5m

COD - £1.4m

Bailey Wright - £500k

Engvall - £1.2m up to £1.9m

Matty Taylor - £300k

I'm fairly sure we paid a decent loan fee for Matthews too. 

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The fees on there are pretty much made up. From what i know it's more like the below:

Hordur - £2.6m

Tomlin - £3.2m

Djuric - £500k

Hegeler - £300k

Taylor Moore - £1.5m

COD - £1.4m

Bailey Wright - £500k

Matty Taylor - £300k

According to LJ Engvall was 2 million +

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

According to LJ Engvall was 2 million +

With fees that is mate. So appearances, national team appearances etc. From what I know we paid £1.2m-ish upfront and there's about another mil on top. So anything around £2m is about right.

Makes it even worse that he's gone straight back to Sweden.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

With fees that is mate. So appearances, national team appearances etc. From what I know we paid £1.2m-ish upfront and there's about another mil on top. So anything around £2m is about right.

Makes it even worse that he's gone straight back to Sweden.

Tbf - it was during a conv with GT earlier in season and he didn't expand whether it was dependent on add ons etc - I'd be surprised if that was the up front fee so I guess it looks like it will never become a 2 million outlay !!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hordur - £2.6m

Tomlin - £3.2m

Djuric - £500k

Hegeler - £300k

Taylor Moore - £1.5m

COD - £1.4m

Bailey Wright - £500k

Matty Taylor - £300k

Another £700k to go on top of that for Jamie Paterson, plus Djuric was much more than that, I've just read a report from an Italian sports paper which says it was £1.5m.

We also paid small fees for Lucic and the lad Smith from Wrexham, who has barely featured for the U23s.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Another £700k to go on top of that for Jamie Paterson, plus Djuric was much more than that, I've just read a report from an Italian sports paper which says it was £1.5m.

We also paid small fees for Lucic and the lad Smith from Wrexham, who has barely featured for the U23s.

Forgot Paterson.

I think most of Djuric was add ons too. They may be lumping together Djuric and Hegeler's fee - we got him for an absolute steal. You couldn't even buy a mid table L1 squad player for £300k these days.

We've had £16m+ income from player sales this season plus money from Bolasie's transfer so our net spend won't have been that much if any. I'd have thought next season some of the younger 'for the future' players we signed like Moore, Lukic and Engvall will get more appearances after going out on loan. We shouldn't need too much depending on how many we let go (ie the likes of Wilbs, Little, Golbourne etc). The main item on the shopping list is a replacement for Tammy and one or two full backs, but we shouldn't need anywhere near the numbers we signed last summer.

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Forgot Paterson.

I think most of Djuric was add ons too. They may be lumping together Djuric and Hegeler's fee - we got him for an absolute steal. You couldn't even buy a mid table L1 squad player for £300k these days.

Don't think so, the Djuric fee quoted by the Italian paper (which doesn't mention Hegeler in the article at all) is 1.7m Euro, (£1.5m), not that unreasonable for a 25 year old international striker of a mid ranking European team, with Serie A experience.

I can only guess Hegeler was so cheap because he was out of contract this summer, when he could leave for free and because he had barely featured at all for Hertha Berlin (just 6 times, only 2 of them starts).

Another £200k went on Brownhill too..

42 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf - it was during a conv with GT earlier in season and he didn't expand whether it was dependent on add ons etc - I'd be surprised if that was the up front fee so I guess it looks like it will never become a 2 million outlay !!!!!!!

Yep - there's a reason why a lot of clubs do it. A lot of the selling clubs see it as a 'free cash' most of the time, as it's money coming in for a player they sold years ago. That's why you'll see a lot of players suddenly become 'out of favour' and suddenly stop playing once they get close to the 50/100 game mark. Another big thing built into contracts now are unused sub fees, hence the 90+ minute substitutions - 9/10 times aren't used for time wasting...!

Being paid a bonus for not being played...footballers have their 1,000 tiered cake and eat it every day.

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Tomlin 3m

Magnusson 2.5m 

Engvall 2.5m

Moore 1.5m

O'Dowda 1.6m

Djuric 1.5m

Paterson 750k

Wright 500k 

Hegeler 300k

Taylor 300k

plus Brownhill, Smiths and Lucic signing fees add on the Tammy, Giefer and Matthews loan fees it's a hefty old bill!

Now I don't know if these fees are accurate. I'm just going by what the most popular rumoured fees were. It will take us close to, if not over 15m spent. I'm not really assed how much we spent, it's not my money. Was just curious as to what fans think Johnson will be given next season. I know if I was SL I'd be a bit hesitant to give him that sort of money again. 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well most sources at the time said it was an 'undisclosed fee' - so does anyone know for sure?

No, not really.

I thought the £3m figure was when he was transferred to Bournemouth from Boro, so I would be surprised if we paid that considering he was a high earner and out of favour.

SLs plan is for City to develop its own talent and to bring in young players from lower category academies and help them develop. We saw Junior do that not long after he joined City. His "one for the future" statements became a bit of a laugh....

So....I doubt Junior will get much of a war chest and be hoping to find another foreigner at more realistic prices.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

SLs plan is for City to develop its own talent and to bring in young players from lower category academies and help them develop. We saw Junior do that not long after he joined City. His "one for the future" statements became a bit of a laugh....

So....I doubt Junior will get much of a war chest and be hoping to find another foreigner at more realistic prices.

Ture , but they will need some help so I expect some real quality to be brought in.
Don't forget we have a date with the Europa League in four years time mind :clapping:

15 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Assuming we stay up. How much do you think Steve will give to Johnson and co this summer. Over 15m spent this year on permanent transfers. Granted we've made that back with the players sold but I doubt we'll be selling anyone for 15m this summer. 

So do you think we can expect big money being spent this summer providing we stay up? Lansdown has given Johnson his full backing so it'll be interesting to see how he backs him in the window. 

Dear Mr Lansdown, If we're going to spend as much as we did last summer then make sure it's on players who are ready to go now so little Lee can't blame it on the players not being mentally/physically ready. 5 kodjias will do 

Judging by his treatment of him.....about 6", I reckon.

Archived