IGNORED

Everton Ban the sun newspaper

Spoons

I have no problem with anyone banning the vile Sun and much enjoy the discomfort of BO-ridden* cockwomble Kelvin McKenzie, however, it isn't really racism.

I didn't even know Barkley had 1/8th black ancestry, it isn't evident in his features, and if you imply in a sentence that he has the same blank stare you get when you look at a gorilla in a zoo, that isn't the same as calling him a gorilla, or saying he looks like one.

I know the reason why there is sensitivity around the subject, but we seem to now be saying that if you mention a monkey or ape (whatever the context) in the same sentence as a person with some distant non-white heritage that is racism.... :blink:

* I speak from unfortunate experience.

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Go on a safari and see wild gorillas and then see ones at a zoo,then I think you will see what he means by dead eyes 

I understand what he means by dead eyes but to call someone a gorilla , who is mixed race is unacceptable . No excuses and he was aware he was mixed race.

Stop defending kelvin numpty Mckenzie , you making yourself look stupid.

Just now, Spoons said:

If you were mixed race and been called a gorilla would you think that's wasting police time? Or do you think that's acceptable ? 

Oh dear we have another one.

I think you are well aware of the answer to that question in the minds of most normal & reasonable people. Equally, I think you are also aware that most people (including the moronic journalist) would have been unaware of Barkley's apparent mixed race heritage.

And for the record, I come from a mixed race family so kindly take your snide little insinuations elsewhere with the rest of the PC nutcases who are dragging our society down.

Just now, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Oh dear we have another one.

I think you are well aware of the answer to that question in the minds of most normal & reasonable people. Equally, I think you are also aware that most people (including the moronic journalist) would have been unaware of Barkley's apparent mixed race heritage.

And for the record, I come from a mixed race family so kindly take your snide little insinuations elsewhere with the rest of the PC nutcases who are dragging our society down.

Are you that naive that the editor of the sun who would have had to ok this column wouldn't have known that Ross Barkley is mixed race after the same paper ran a story about him playing for Nigeria ? 

There's not a chance your average football fan knew Barkley was mixed race previously. I certainly didn't

MacKenzie is a cock, no doubt, and I'm fairly sure he knew the reaction he'd get with his comments about Liverpool, especially so close to the Hillsborough anniversary, but I think we need to be careful to not look for things that aren't there.

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Shouldn't ban newspapers, just don't buy the heap of nonsense. 

Problem is thick people believe the crap printed in the papers and sprouted by their favourite politicians and you get brexit , just to put it in context I am still waiting for the free electricity a politician promised in the early 70's with the advent of nuclear power stations

Some disgracefull stances on this subject on here

It has always been a despicable rag and I'm slightly shocked that Sun reporters were still allowed in Goodison considering how they always stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow Liverpudlians.

Let's make this a lot more personal though we need to put into context who the article was written by to get the crux of this latest disgrace

KELVIN MCKENZIE an absolute scum bag a serial Hillsborough denier and responsible for some shameful journalism. He has been peddling hatred and lies since 1981 and is without doubt one of the most despicable creatures in the press and sully's the name of some great journalism.

So Kelvin MacKenzie responsible for the ''The Truth'' headline of The Sun Newspaper within Days of the Disaster Claiming That Liverpool Fans at Hillsborough urniated over the bodies of dead fans and rifled through their pockets for wallets et cetera. He has never been brought to account for these falsities and for the best of my knowledge has never apologised

So with the apologists on here in mind consider this other piece of KM 'Non Racism' 

I thought his days were numbered in July last year after he wrote in his Sun Newspaper Column That Award-Winning Journalist Fatima Manji should not have presented the C4 News programme the day after the horrifying attack in Nice. The reason being that she was a Muslim and because she wears a hijab

He is a grade a Cxxt and hopefully this will be the last nail in his newspaper career. I'm not even going to do him the justice of calling him a journalist.

His latest comments regarding Ross Barkley were timed to coincide with the anniversary of Hillsborough, have no doubt whatsoever about that as he still tries to dig himself out and put the knife in at the same time.

All this on a day when we should be remembering those 96 people that left their homes that fateful day to watch a football match and never returned

#justiceforthe96

Just now, RaspberryRed said:

Some disgracefull stances on this subject on here

It is always been a despicable rag and I'm slightly shocked that Son reporters were still allowed in Goodison considering how they always stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow Liverpudlians.

Let's make this a lot more personal though we need to put into context who the article was written by to get the crux of this latest disgrace

KELVIN MCKENZIE an absolute scum bag a serial Hillsborough denier and responsible for some shameful journalism. He has been peddling hatred and lies since 1981 and is without doubt one of the most despicable creatures in the press and sellers the name of some great journalism.

So Kelvin MacKenzie responsible for the '' The Truth'' headline of The Sun Newspaper within Days of the Disaster Claiming That Liverpool Fans at Hillsborough urniated over the bodies of dead fans and rifled through their pockets for wallets et cetera. He has never been brought to account for these falsities and for the best of my knowledge has never apologised

So with the apologists on here in mind consider this other piece of KM 'Non Racism. I thought his days were numbered in July last year after he wrote in his Sun Newspaper Column That Award-Winning Journalist Fatima Manji should not have presented the C4 News programme the day after the horrifying attack in Nice. The reason being that she was a Muslim and because she wears a hijab

He is a grade a Cxxt and hopefully this will be the last nail in his newspaper career. I'm not even going to do him the justice of calling him a journalist.

His latest comments regarding Ross Barkley were timed to coincide with the anniversary of Hillsborough have no doubt whatsoever about that as he still tries to dig himself out and put the knife in at the same time.

All this on a day when we should be remembering those 96 people that left their homes that fateful day to watch a football match and never returned

#justiceforthe96

Well said.

Just now, Spoons said:

No, from Nailsea.

I'm not defending the ScUN but, I really don't believe even they would deliberately run a 'racist' article; not in this day & age. Out to cause offence & promote sensationalism? Absolutely, that is what they are about. However, I didn't have one iota that Barkley had some long lost relative. 

I think most people are the same.

Really don't like the promotion of witch hunts in our society by the liberal elite.

If it's a witch hunt you are after then read the Crucible & its parody of McCarthyism. 

Very dangerous things are witch hunts especially when they inevitably get out of control.

Just now, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I'm not defending the ScUN but, I really don't believe even they would deliberately run a 'racist' article; not in this day & age. Out to cause offence & promote sensationalism? Absolutely, that is what they are about. However, I didn't have one iota that Barkley had some long lost relative. 

Really don't like the promotion of witch hunts in our society by the liberal elite.

If it's a witch hunt you are after then read the Crucible & its parody of McCarthyism. 

Very dangerous things are witch hunts especially when they inevitably get out of control.

No which hunt here. Not a long lost relative it's his dad! We will just agree to disagree.

Understand your point just don't agree with it. 

3 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Hardly a witchunt when Kelvin Mckenzie has form a plenty for Racism and Lies. How the **** is this so confusing to some. As Spoons said it's his Dad FFS

41 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Or you could just keep thinking it's racism

Personally, I never knew Barkley had a Nigerian father, it was news to me. So was surprised re the racism part. Besides that, the drug dealer jibes about people from Liverpool was a low shot.

But I don't think anyone on Merseyside should feel bad about calling Mckenzie out on anything, the bloke is scum and deserves every bit of shit that comes his way. He is a major part of a whole City being tarnished for 30 years, and no doubt longer. 

The Sxn picked on the wrong city, I have nothing but admiration for the people of Liverpool who have stood shoulder to shoulder against the sxn, plus the millions of people who believed the sxn "truth"  shit for nearly 3 decades.

28 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Probably because the 'some' to which you refer do not have your superior intellect & of course, do not read the Sun half as much as you appear to.

How was I lording a superior intellect over anyone. Funilly enough it's also quite easy to read about this nonsense without reading the Scum :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Personally, I never knew Barkley had a Nigerian father, it was news to me. So was surprised re the racism part. Besides that, the drug dealer jibes about people from Liverpool was a low shot.

But I don't think anyone on Merseyside should feel bad about calling Mckenzie out on anything, the bloke is scum and deserves every bit of shit that comes his way. He is a major part of a whole City being tarnished for 30 years, and no doubt longer. 

The Sxn picked on the wrong city, I have nothing but admiration for the people of Liverpool who have stood shoulder to shoulder against the sxn, plus the millions of people who believed the sxn "truth"  shit for nearly 3 decades.

The drug dealer jibes about Liverpool are as common as the stereotypical French bloke,years old surprised you have never heard it before. You have proved my point tho in that it's all about what him and the sun did in the past and not actually this article 

What really irritates me is the timing of this cheap jibe by Mckenzie and the sun .. 28 year anniversary of hillsborough and we are talking not about the 96 deaths but about the same scumbag journalist who was part of the cover up and smear campaign !!

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

What really irritates me is the timing of this cheap jibe by Mckenzie and the sun .. 28 year anniversary of hillsborough and we are talking not about the 96 deaths but about the same scumbag journalist who was part of the cover up and smear campaign !!

We are spoons,people in Liverpool wouldn't know anything about the article because they don't buy the sun

21 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Hear Hear.:clap:

Let's not forget the West, South Yorkshire and West Midlands Constabularies roles in this either

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Oh absolutely. As I said before, as much as I don't buy the racism angle, I have no doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing, the timing of it and how it would go down.

Apparently he's been on borrowed time at the Sun for a while, so part of me thinks he just decided to go out in a blaze of 'glory' (probably the wrong word), attack an old target and collect his payoff.

Just now, Northern Red said:

Oh absolutely. As I said before, as much as I don't buy the racism angle, I have no doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing, the timing of it and how it would go down.

Apparently he's been on borrowed time at the Sun for a while, so part of me thinks he just decided to go out in a blaze of 'glory' (probably the wrong word), attack an old target and collect his payoff.

Why have Everton all of a sudden banned the sun tho?

Archived