IGNORED

Everton Ban the sun newspaper

Spoons

I have no interest in X factor, The only way is Chelsea, this is Essex, and any other shite like that, I don't watch any of it as it's a load of bollox, and I certainly don't want to read about any of it, so I stopped reading newspapers About 10 years ago. 

If they're still of the same standard as when I was reading papers, the match reports for teams in the championship and lower are absolutely ridiculous, they're already written before the game as taken place. 

25 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I have no interest in X factor, The only way is Chelsea, this is Essex, and any other shite like that, I don't watch any of it as it's a load of bollox, and I certainly don't want to read about any of it, so I stopped reading newspapers About 10 years ago. 

If they're still of the same standard as when I was reading papers, the match reports for teams in the championship and lower are absolutely ridiculous, they're already written before the game as taken place. 

Bang on. 

British culture amongst the masses is now so devoid of substance that the average punter is just a sack of ignorance, consuming braindead nonsense. 

They gobble up whatever is put in front of them and are happy to do so. 

36 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I bought a tabloid paper the other week, can`t even remember which one, to read on a train. Binned it after 5 minutes it was so shite.

22 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It's a shite paper right enough, but I can't help feeling they are just pandering to what is perceived to be doing the right thing.

Banning newspapers is the start of a very slippery slope, let people make their own minds up as to whether they want to read it or not.

Got to agree with the Gas Head.

Mckenzise is a loud mouth lout but he have right in a free country with a free press to say what he wants.

The key to controversial was the personal attack on Ross Barkley, everyone is up in arms due to the fact he has a Nigerian Grandfather, not common knowledge until know, but what about another son of Liverpool who have took untold personal abuse about the way he looks and his intelligence of the years and that is Wayne Rooney.  Where is the outrage when he have suffered similar in the past?

It seems a case of double standards by some, especially the left wing, PC and right on people in the media.

How many comedians will make jokes about Barkley , I'm sure most won't and will just keep on making jokes about Rooney.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Mckenzise is a loud mouth lout but he have right in a free country with a free press to say what he wants.

That is simply not true. We don't live in s country where you can say anything you like and we never have. We have laws against libel, hate speech etc.

There is also nothing forcing private businesses from banning media outlets that they have issues with. That's not anti-freedom of speech, The Sun can publish their views, Everton don't have to let them in.

The Sun (even though they're complicit in this) have the right to stop employing MacKenzie if they no longer want to pay him to write for them. That's not anti freedom of speech, that's a business decision.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

That is simply not true. We don't live in s country where you can say anything you like and we never have. We have laws against libel, hate speech etc.

There is also nothing forcing private businesses from banning media outlets that they have issues with. That's not anti-freedom of speech, The Sun can publish their views, Everton don't have to let them in.

The Sun (even though they're complicit in this) have the right to stop employing MacKenzie if they no longer want to pay him to write for them. That's not anti freedom of speech, that's a business decision.

We have always had libel laws but hate speech is something quite new.

Has he broken the libel laws, no, was he offensive, yes to a lot of people, has he committed a crime, well that's for a judge to decide but reading a lot of lawyers in today's papers probably not.

8 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree the Sun is a rag but re-read the shit you wrote above. You are so far up your own little "intelligent" middle class arse it's unreal.

Middle class haha I wish, the sun is a crock of shit but banning it isn't the answer. Gotta let people decide for themselves what the crock of shit is. 

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

We have always had libel laws but hate speech is something quite new.

Has he broken the libel laws, no, was he offensive, yes to a lot of people, has he committed a crime, well that's for a judge to decide but reading a lot of lawyers in today's papers probably not.

That's only a tiny part of what I was saying. But new or not, hate speech counts for newspapers. And it's a good thing, or else you'd end up with editorials written by the EDL one week and the head of ISIS the week after.

Archived