IGNORED

Everton Ban the sun newspaper

Spoons

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

If you decide you want to start taking drugs give me a shout,I know a few big time dealers up in Liverpool who can get you a boat load 

too late to start should have posted 40 years ago

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The drug dealer jibes about Liverpool are as common as the stereotypical French bloke,years old surprised you have never heard it before. You have proved my point tho in that it's all about what him and the sun did in the past and not actually this article 

Of course I've heard it Joe, but it's rags like the sxn that create these stereotypes in the first place.

Re the current article, McKenzie loves to sprinkle salt in the Liverpool wounds every so often, he was heavily involved in the original  "truth" article and still can't let it go. He knew exactly what he was doing with this latest little stunt, because that's all it is, he's someone always looking for a reaction, rather than just reporting real news and facts.

6 hours ago, reddoh said:

Problem is thick people believe the crap printed in the papers and sprouted by their favourite politicians and you get brexit , just to put it in context I am still waiting for the free electricity a politician promised in the early 70's with the advent of nuclear power stations

Yeah but you can't solve the problem by banning the media sources they follow, you have to change the way the shite sources are perceived by educating the ignorant masses. 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Correct and you can say it about pretty much about all people in this country which is why it's a great country.If someone who was not from Bristol started slagging off our city it wouldn't bother me in the slightest,I live here and know what a good city it is 

Look mate, if 96 of us had died at a football match and it'd been reported we'd urinated on the dead, picked their pockets and prevented medical attention arriving.  If the lies had been covered up on a Governmental scale.  If it'd taken 28 years for the real truth to emerge via courts of law.  If a formal apology had finally been granted by all agencies involved, including the original reporter.  If that same reporter had then got involved in quering the genetic makeup of one of our own budding young footballers, suggesting he is the missing link between beast and man, on the eve of the anniversary of the original tragedy then I would not view this as a bit of banter.  I would not consider his suspension and his employers banning simply the result of political correctness gone mad.  It seems to me a very justified response to a dark, sick xxxx.

7 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Look mate, if 96 of us had died at a football match and it'd been reported we'd urinated on the dead, picked their pockets and prevented medical attention arriving.  If the lies had been covered up on a Governmental scale.  If it'd taken 28 years for the real truth to emerge via courts of law.  If a formal apology had finally been granted by all agencies involved, including the original reporter.  If that same reporter had then got involved in quering the genetic makeup of one of our own budding young footballers, suggesting he is the missing link between beast and man, on the eve of the anniversary of the original tragedy then I would not view this as a bit of banter.  I would not consider his suspension and his employers banning simply the result of political correctness gone mad.  It seems to me a very justified response to a dark, sick xxxx.

Where is the quering of his genetic makeup?

5 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

That's what I thought, so how did Liverpool's mayor get a copy? Being in Liverpool I guess he nicked it!

The Liverpool echo has 'real' journalists, they report what was said and it was read by him and others. Most of us on here wouldn't go near that rag either, but we're aware of what's going on.

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Where is the quering of his genetic makeup?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

"Alongside the article, The Sun published adjoining pictures of Barkley and a gorilla on their website with the caption "Could Everton's Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?" The picture was later removed. "

Just now, WTFiGO!?! said:

They've taken off the original article but the question raised was :  "Could Everton's Ross Barkley be the missing link between man and beast?". 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=could+everton's+ross+barkley+be+the+missing+link+between+man&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs3s_n1KfTAhVFWRQKHbNpAw0Q_AUICSgD&biw=320&bih=460

How about read what he wrote instead of jumping on the bandwagon mate

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

How about read what he wrote instead of jumping on the bandwagon mate

I can only read what is widely reported he wrote as his own paper took it down. 

In good old Godwin's Law, it is not jumping on a bandwagon to state I don't like Mein Kampf without having ever read the original publication.  Or is it?

10 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I can only read what is widely reported he wrote as his own paper took it down. 

In good old Godwin's Law, it is not jumping on a bandwagon to state I don't like Mein Kampf without having ever read the original publication.  Or is it?

True enough,people believe in the bible and the quran without actually seeing who wrote them so you have a point 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

True enough,people believe in the bible and the quran without actually seeing who wrote them so you have a point 

Exactly.  A degree of faith is required, albeit with the collation of evidence.  In this case, I happen to believe due to the consistency of the reporting and that the Sun haven't published any statement of denial.  

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If you decide you want to start taking drugs give me a shout,I know a few big time dealers up in Liverpool who can get you a boat load 

Why go all the way to Liverpool when you can as much as you want up Filwood Broadway?

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As I said earlier in this thread we get the Hillsborough stuff but this article is a non story,no racism at all that you were pointing towards.

Now we've thrashed it out, I think the response has actually come directly from 'the Hillsborough stuff', that a city is still mourning from.  

For one of the protagonist of the pain to then have an article published of that nature, on the eve of the anniversary (whether under-current racism, a wum or just a bit of banter) is always going to provoke a negative response!

It's a bit like somebody being killed by a dink driver, someone else perverting the cause of justice and then that person turning up at the 28th anniversary, soon after justice being served, cracking cheap and tasteless jokes, designed to provoke a reaction.  

Whether actually racist or not is not really the point, is it?

12 hours ago, reddoh said:

Problem is thick people believe the crap printed in the papers and sprouted by their favourite politicians and you get brexit , just to put it in context I am still waiting for the free electricity a politician promised in the early 70's with the advent of nuclear power stations

Brussels "sprouted"?

"Everyone who voted Leave is thick and did what the right-wing press told them to do" isn't a compelling argument.

In fact it is, ironically, the most unintelligent analysis of why people voted the way they did.

Anyway, back on topic, the Sun is an ar**wipe but agree with those who have serious qualms about banning newspapers. It's not a good precedent. And this outrage feels somewhat contrived to me.

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Yeah but you can't solve the problem by banning the media sources they follow, you have to change the way the shite sources are perceived by educating the ignorant masses. 

I agree the Sun is a rag but re-read the shit you wrote above. You are so far up your own little "intelligent" middle class arse it's unreal.

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As I said earlier in this thread we get the Hillsborough stuff but this article is a non story,no racism at all that you were pointing towards.

The racism bit was probably sensationalist publicity from the Mayor of Liverpool. The story itself was garbage and gratuitously insulting of Ross Barkley for some reason. The picture of Barkley next to a gorilla asking if he was the missing link, subsequently taken down, didn't help either and you can see why a few got offended on his behalf!!

Archived