IGNORED

Traffic vs Brum

RedRock

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I read it that the parking will be open. When the bus exits the P & R site I don't think there's enough room for it to turn left s it will pick up outside and run to the M5 , then Portbury and into AG through Abbots Leigh & Rownham Hill?

Could be wrong but that's how I read it especially as it says it wont pick up on the bit of the Portway that is open (up to Sylvan Way)

@JulieH can you provide some clarity on this? Take it that the Portway P&R is open for car parking? Then the buses are going to take their chances on the M5 to the nightmare Portbury junction and battle with the traffic down the Abbots Leigh road? For us coming up the M5 think it looks increasingly like take your chances in the car to The Gate and park wherever.

Can't the runners just be told to keep out of the bus lane on the inward route allowing the buses free passage in, then route them back out on the Abbots Leigh road to do a circular? 

Just now, tts_city said:

So the portway p+r  is going the same route as all the cardiff fans are going via Rownham Hill which is usually backed upto the lights by ashton court on a matchday anyway ? what could possibly go wrong.....

Cardiff fans as well? Mayhem....

15 hours ago, archie andrews said:

can see the game kicking off with the ground half empty/full.....gonna be a mare for most people.... those ***** at the council aint got a Scooby clue

I don't normally defend the council but this all down to Sky.  Why should an annual event for thousands of people  be rescheduled because a broadcaster wants to manoeuvre kick off times?  If Birmingham and us are safe I really hope the kick off time is moved back to 3pm, thus avoiding this nonsense..

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I don't normally defend the council but this all down to Sky.  Why should an annual event for thousands of people  be rescheduled because a broadcaster wants to manoeuvre kick off times?  If Birmingham and us are safe I really hope the kick off time is moved back to 3pm, thus avoiding this nonsense..

No it's down to the council not checking to see if there is a big event on in the city on that date. As for changing ko time it won't happen.

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

@JulieH

Does @reddoh still qualify for his free ride to the game in a jam sandwich, and can I still borrow a horse?

If I can still have loan of a horse, please let me know the size and colour, I want to be sure I coordinate accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

You'll be an easy target for any of the prowed lot if you're coming on an horse Rob. Even coaches can't escape the maurauding gas hit squad these days. Instead of an horse try Shanks' Pony. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You'll be an easy target for any of the prowed lot if you're coming on an horse Rob. Even coaches can't escape the maurauding gas hit squad these days. Instead of an horse try Shanks' Pony. 

I'll be fine, those police horses wear those protective visors, so it'll be the horse who might have his window nutter rather than me.

24 minutes ago, Super said:

No it's down to the council not checking to see if there is a big event on in the city on that date. As for changing ko time it won't happen.

If you mean that we should have had an away fixture then surely that's down to the club and the police? 

Just now, Super said:

Or just move the run back a week.

I completely disagree with that.  Some executive at BSkyB should not have the ability to cause this disruption. We should be away if there is a major event like we are when the balloon festival is on.  Someone at the club,  the football league or Avon and Somerset Police has caused this.  The council are to blame for the state of our parks football pitches,  but not for this.  

Just now, The Bard said:

I completely disagree with that.  Some executive at BSkyB should not have the ability to cause this disruption. We should be away if there is a major event like we are when the balloon festival is on.  Someone at the club,  the football league or Avon and Somerset Police has caused this.  The council are to blame for the state of our parks football pitches,  but not for this.  

The clubs are happy to take the TV money so Sky can do what they want with the fixtures. Next season final day is 6th May so just have the run on the 13th. Really not that difficult.

42 minutes ago, The Bard said:

All games must kick off at the same time. For obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

The clubs are happy to take the TV money so Sky can do what they want with the fixtures. Next season final day is 6th May so just have the run on the 13th. Really not that difficult.

You mean run it the week after the season has ended? Like they did last year?

@Super , you'm a genius.

50 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The 2016 race was on the 15th, the 2015 was on the 31st May. It is the council who have moved the race to a day when there is another event taking place nearby. 

This is the fault of no one else other than some egotistic tossers at the council.

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The 2016 race was on the 15th, the 2015 was on the 31st May. It is the council who have moved the race to a day when there is another event taking place nearby. 

This is the fault of no one else other than some egotistic tossers at the council.

Okay. Which was scheduled first?  Our game or the run?

If the run was scheduled after the fixtures were released I take everything I've said back.... 

20 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Okay. Which was scheduled first?  Our game or the run?

If the run was scheduled after the fixtures were released I take everything I've said back.... 

The earliest reference I can see to this years run is on Jan 18 2017.

Put it another way, I can't see when the 10K will be run in 2018 but already know when the football season ends.

Just now, glynriley said:

The earliest reference I can see to this years run is on Jan 18 2017.

Put it another way, I can't see when the 10K will be run in 2018 but already know when the football season ends.

Fair enough.  I was wrong to assume it's planned in advance.  How naive of me. This is Bristol after all...  It's the council's and Police's fault.

Ejits.

Archived