IGNORED

Wilbs leaving?

Septic Peg

LJ confirmed in this morning's presser that Wilbs is out for the last two games through injury.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/press-conference-johnson-pre-brighton-ha-3695926.aspx

It's common knowledge that he is OOC this summer. 

Will we ever see him in a City shirt again? 

I don't think so. I think he'll either retire or go back up north to Wigan/Bury/Oldham in L1.

I hope that if he really is off, he can get a decent farewell at the Brum game. 

Just now, Septic Peg said:

LJ confirmed in this morning's presser that Wilbs is out for the last two games through injury.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/press-conference-johnson-pre-brighton-ha-3695926.aspx

It's common knowledge that he is OOC this summer. 

Will we ever see him in a City shirt again? 

I don't think so. I think he'll either retire or go back up north to Wigan/Bury/Oldham in L1.

I hope that if he really is off, he can get a decent farewell at the Brum game. 

Someone who I would like to see on the coaching staff. Guessing he wants to carry on playing though so expect he will be off.

Just now, Loon plage said:

So a mentor not a coach?

same thing,

I don't see how its jobs for the boys, or does that only crop up when people don't like an ex-player, you never see it mentioned about Scotty and Tinman for instance, 

The fact people wanted Joe Jordan as a coach, isn't that just jobs for the boys?,

All coaches have to start somewhere, and I'd rather we give people like Wilbs Mcalister and Wade a chance to earn their stripes with us, if they have something worthwhile to add then bring in more coaches like Wigley,

Everyone has to start somewhere

It depends on the man himself, and whether he wants to play or not.

If he's happy to transition towards coaching, I'd have him in a player/coach capacity. Tammy has already said this season that Wilbs has been fantastic in helping him transition, and in all honesty I think that players like Wilbs are exactly what the board of this club need to attract. Yes, a young squad is good, but this season has felt like the blind leading the blind. We need experience to step in and guide the young players.

If he wants to play first-team football, then I'd still see if he wants to do his badges with us, and to join up with us when he's done playing.

Just now, Monkeh said:

same thing,

I don't see how its jobs for the boys, or does that only crop up when people don't like an ex-player, you never see it mentioned about Scotty and Tinman for instance, 

The fact people wanted Joe Jordan as a coach, isn't that just jobs for the boys?,

All coaches have to start somewhere, and I'd rather we give people like Wilbs Mcalister and Wade a chance to earn their stripes with us, if they have something worthwhile to add then bring in more coaches like Wigley,

Everyone has to start somewhere

Both Scotty and Tinman started before LJ.

I think the whole 'jobs for the boys' came in when SL took on LJ. Then Wade got the boot, along came Holden and Macca as well as another Barnsley ex coach being linked with us, and it appears to outsiders that LJ is getting all his buddies around him and employed...

Whilst it would be great to get Wilbs on board with coaching, after watching the RB interview with him a few weeks back, I think he reckons he has a few seasons still in him yet. And with his family still located up north and L1 football being a little less taxing than Champ football, i do think he'll do another season elsewhere in the lower league.

If I'm right, I hope he scores a hat trick against Rovers at the Mem for whoever he is with. Agent Wilbs reporting for duty.

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We'll be able to tell at the Brum game based on his reaction to the crowd post game. 

Id definitely keep him for another year personally. Unbelievable pro. 

I'd like to think that if he is going, we'd know before that game so he'll get the send off he deserves. 

Top man, top pro and it's just a shame he's not even 5 years younger. 

I think it is highly likely that we have now seen the last of him in a City shirt.

He has been one of the best free transfer signings of my City supporting 40+ years, a fantastic pro and transparently decent bloke and as good as any signing that Cotts made for us.

Hope that this is known at the Brum game if it is the case so he can come on at HT and get the terrific send off he fully deserves.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think it is highly likely that we have now seen the last of him in a City shirt.

He has been one of the best free transfer signings of my City supporting 40+ years, a fantastic pro and transparently decent bloke and as good as any signing that Cotts made for us.

Hope that this is known at the Brum game if it is the case so he can come on at HT and get the terrific send off he fully deserves.

Spot on, and it would be a great gesture if he could come on the pitch at HT .v. Brum and be given a standing ovation send off.

52 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It depends on the man himself, and whether he wants to play or not.

If he's happy to transition towards coaching, I'd have him in a player/coach capacity. Tammy has already said this season that Wilbs has been fantastic in helping him transition, and in all honesty I think that players like Wilbs are exactly what the board of this club need to attract. Yes, a young squad is good, but this season has felt like the blind leading the blind. We need experience to step in and guide the young players.

If he wants to play first-team football, then I'd still see if he wants to do his badges with us, and to join up with us when he's done playing.

Blimey!

48 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When he first signed people wrote him of straight away. To old, doesn't score enough. How he proved people wrong. Been an immense player for us . On and off the pitch. Hope he gets the plaudits he deserves. Whatever happens. Wish he was 10 years younger 

I was definitely one of those that was pretty underwhelmed by his signing I'm afraid to say. But wow, what a player and what a servant to the club he has been. Lovely bloke as well to boot. Hope he stays but will get nothing but admiration and thanks from me whatever he chooses to do. 

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Or leave it until the end of the game and he can walk round with Cotts!

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

I was definitely one of those that was pretty underwhelmed by his signing I'm afraid to say. But wow, what a player and what a servant to the club he has been. Lovely bloke as well to boot. Hope he stays but will get nothing but admiration and thanks from me whatever he chooses to do. 

I don't think anyone originally was excited by his signing. Me included 

I was abit underwhelmed we signed him. Seemed a journeyman signing. How wrong could I be. From his first game when scoring and the flick for Elliotts goal was sublime, never realised he had that to his game. He's been a model pro and a brilliant example to any young player how to conduct yourself.

Archived