IGNORED

York city

Red Army 75

8 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

2014 league 2 play offs. 2017 Relegated to National north. Growing up city played them regularly. Final whistle went just silence . Shame 

That's the beauty of the pyramid though, isn't it?

i hear a lot of folks saying "isn't it a pity all of these former league clubs are now in the fifth or sixth tier?" Well, not really, it has strengthened the English league system. It is a little weird though that you can have a bubble trip in the fifth division (Wrexham-Chester).

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

That's the beauty of the pyramid though, isn't it?

i hear a lot of folks saying "isn't it a pity all of these former league clubs are now in the fifth or sixth tier?" Well, not really, it has strengthened the English league system. It is a little weird though that you can have a bubble trip in the fifth division (Wrexham-Chester).

Very true . It's nostalgic I think 

1 hour ago, Redland said:

Tom Richie got the hat trick in the away fixture. As another poster said it was on match of the day. My wife can't understand why I can't remember what she told me yesterday but I can remember details of City games from 50 years ago!

I'm afraid your long term memory appears to be suffering too. :(

It was definitely the home York game that was on MOTD.

15 hours ago, elruli said:

John Shaw must of played in all divisions?

Very good point, no doubt at all that he did.

My original line that Tom Ritchie and Chris Garland were the only players to have played for City in all 4 divisions was taken from Tom's wiki, seemed right, and therefore worth quoting when talking about TR above.

A bit more thought from me would have got John Shaw though I probably wouldn't have remembered Stevens', and his single top flight appearance.

Anyway, that's Tom Ritchie, Chris Garland, Paul Stevens  and John Shaw being the select group of players to have represented BCFC in all 4 divisions.

Unless anyone can think of anyone else!?

52 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very good point, no doubt at all that he did.

My original line that Tom Ritchie and Chris Garland were the only players to have played for City in all 4 divisions was taken from Tom's wiki, seemed right, and therefore worth quoting when talking about TR above.

A bit more thought from me would have got John Shaw though I probably wouldn't have remembered Stevens', and his single top flight appearance.

Anyway, that's Tom Ritchie, Chris Garland, Paul Stevens  and John Shaw being the select group of players to have represented BCFC in all 4 divisions.

Unless anyone can think of anyone else!?

Howard Pritchard may of played in all four divisions, I know he had two spells with us?

A sad decline for the Minster men. I have a mate who's a fan and he's distraught. 

One good thing for West Country football is because three northern teams have been relegated, Gloucester City will probably be moved across to Conference South. It was mad them having to play in the same league as teams from the far north.

4 minutes ago, elruli said:

Howard Pritchard may of played in all four divisions, I know he had two spells with us?

That's another great shout elruli.

Debut 78-79 in div.1

Played in div.2, 80-81

Moved to Swindon for seasons 81-82 and 82-83

Returned for the 83-84 season and stayed for 84-85 and 85/86.

Season:

78-79 City in Div 1

79/80 Div.1

80/81 div.2

81/82 div.3*

82/83 div.4*

83/84 div.4

84/85 div.3

85/86 div.3

*Pritchard not at AG.

If I've got the seasons/divisions right above then it looks like Howard Pritchard is indeed no.5!

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's another great shout elruli.

Debut 78-79 in div.1

Played in div.2, 80-81

Moved to Swindon for seasons 81-82 and 82-83

Returned for the 83-84 season and stayed for 84-85 and 85/86.

Season:

78-79 City in Div 1

79/80 Div.1

80/81 div.2

81/82 div.3*

82/83 div.4*

83/84 div.4

84/85 div.3

85/86 div.3

*Pritchard not at AG.

If I've got the seasons/divisions right above then it looks like Howard Pritchard is indeed no.5!

I knew he played in the first division but wasn't sure if he made a appearance in the second division though. He was a great player, one of my favourites.

13 hours ago, Redland said:

Tom Richie got the hat trick in the away fixture. As another poster said it was on match of the day. My wife can't understand why I can't remember what she told me yesterday but I can remember details of City games from 50 years ago!

11 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm afraid your long term memory appears to be suffering too. :(

It was definitely the home York game that was on MOTD.

Yes, it was definitely the home fixture. I recall it being a bit foggy, like Redland's recollection. As Noggers said previously, City also won by the same scoreline in York with Cheesely on that occasion taking the goalscoring honours.

I remember the presenter of MotD, I think it was Jimmy Hill, saying that Ritchie's hat trick was the first they had had on MotD for three years, or something like that.

12 minutes ago, elruli said:

I knew he played in the first division but wasn't sure if he made a appearance in the second division though. He was a great player, one of my favourites.

Great player indeed.

Pritchard made 15 (+6 sub) league apps. in div.2, before moving to Swindon in August '81.

Always remember his display in a 6-2 F.A. Cup win v. Derby in 79/80 -  a double that day from Pritch?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laugh: - no - why Hands ?

Coz that's the day JFK was assassinated. I was less than a week away from my first birthday when it happened. I was having a bath when the news came through via the insurance man collecting the monthly payment. I don't remember that, but people always say that everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news. I didn't, so I had to ask my mum.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Coz that's the day JFK was assassinated. I was less than a week away from my first birthday when it happened. I was having a bath when the news came through via the insurance man collecting the monthly payment. I don't remember that, but people always say that everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news. I didn't, so I had to ask my mum.

I was already up and running by then but not old enough to remember JFKs assassination ;)

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

I remember exactly where I was.

The wind was gusting from the south east at between 14 and 22 knots,  the elevation was about 20 degrees and it was quite a sunny day.

Seem to remember having to get the grass stains out of my chinos too.

24 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I remember exactly where I was.

The wind was gusting from the south east at between 14 and 22 knots,  the elevation was about 20 degrees and it was quite a sunny day.

Seem to remember having to get the grass stains out of my chinos too.

Reading between the lines, are you trying to tell us you were in the Grassy Knole with a high velocity rifle?

Archived