IGNORED

Out of contract

Cov 77

20 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

His decision not to sack LJ has been vindicted, because we avoided relegation, agreed, 100%.

His decision to replace Cotterill with LJ, not vindicated, not yet. Still a bit to do there, for vindication on that one.

LJ was not hired simply to avoid a return to L1 every year. It is my understanding that SL has higher hopes from his coach and his team than that

I do agree with you Jack, regarding SL not hiring LJ to simply survive in the Championship (à la Big Sam in the Premier League).

I really think he hired, and has not fired, LJ because he believes he is a Coach that can take us forward, although this season has become a step backwards.

I am hopeful that LJ and his staff will learn from their mistakes made this season.

I get the impression that some fans think our relegation survival has been down to good fortune (LJ stumbling on a winning team and sticking with it, playing 2 up front), but I think that over the course of the whole season we have been more than a little unlucky (poor refereeing, missing penalties, etc).

Fingers crossed full vindication of SLs decision will be achieved in season   2017-18.

COYR.

10 hours ago, screech said:

Yep, It keeps getting repeated on this forum how we need a better keeper than Frank but nobody can back it up with any facts of what he has done wrong. Anybody remember any clangers from him? Hes a solid championship  keeper. His kicking usually gets dragged up which is nuts because that has been improved and most keepers in this division are an equal to him on that front. We aren't going to get it all in this league, Fielding is more than good enough to be in this league. 

Frank is a decent keeper at this level. My concern  is his lack of height and not being able to command his box as well as taller keeper.

Just now, Scare_Man said:

How about this guy?  Would be a real coup if we could nab him!

Gary-Goals-ad.jpg

He should put that up in a Dubai gym, who knows who could be wandering around looking for Brum's next striker?

Very apt name as well, must come in handy.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

If travelling`s a factor too - doesn`t he go home to Leicester after every game - that could work, straight up the A1, probably only about an hour to Boro.

An hour??? from Leicester to Middlesbrough?!

22 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm not sure. Just feel he will be under massive pressure from the start of the season and I'm not sure that's a good idea.

The way he ended this season added to the way he started last season doesn't seem suggest he will be under massive pressure. Have some faith or at least wait until there really are some concerns again. I'm quietly convident next season will ok

On 30/04/2017 at 22:33, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don't agree.  If Johnson feels Tomlin is no longer in the plan, then he will be sold to the highest bidder.  My money is on him going.

He doesn't have to go anywhere. He has a very decent Championship contract with us.

Makes absolutely no difference if the club want to sell him or not as long as he goes into work, does as he is told he can stay.

Not saying that it is right and you would have to question his character if he did but he is perfectly entitled to do so.

Its called "doing an Agbonlahor" !

Archived