IGNORED

2017/18 Season HOME 5th August and 12 August AWAY

Just now, Benjiman_LFC said:

I've got tickets for the men's 100m final at the world athletics championships on the 5th. Looks like I'll be missing my first home game in a couple of years then.

It'll al be over in 9 seconds so you should be fine :shifty:

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

We have this discussion every year and we are not always away on balloon fiesta weekend. The club always request that we are but the league don`t always agree and we have been at home in the past.

It's been a long time though, hasn't it? I can remember when we have been at home the same day, but not since the fiesta reached its current international status (and they banned parking within a 10 mile radius!).

Just now, italian dave said:

It's been a long time though, hasn't it? I can remember when we have been at home the same day, but not since the fiesta reached its current international status (and they banned parking within a 10 mile radius!).

Last time I can remember was a home game v QPR, probably mid nineties?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

That sounds about right. I can't remember the opponents, but what I do remember is that it was a lovely day with almost no wind, and all the balloons were going up, but then going nowhere! 

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Home game vs QPR was 2007.

I do remember being home to Blackpool in 1995, when they scored after 12 seconds, and going to the Balloon Fiesta afterwards.

Archived