IGNORED

2017 Play Offs

BobBobSuperBob

Anybody see this about Reading back in April? Apparently the takeover is nearly completed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/09/reading-could-face-denial-premier-league-chinese-takeover/amp/

Surely it is not possible to prevent a team joining the prem. Whats the point of them even competing in the championship!!

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Anybody see this about Reading back in April? Apparently the takeover is nearly completed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/09/reading-could-face-denial-premier-league-chinese-takeover/amp/

Surely it is not possible to prevent a team joining the prem. Whats the point of them even competing in the championship!!

Wouldnt that just be wonderful... Even better if these new owners turned out to be like the Venkys or the guy in charge of Orient! 

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

"And although it is understood the deal for Reading has been structured differently – in a way that appears to have satisfied the EFL – the Premier League will not disregard the consortium’s failure to satisfy its misgivings about the doomed Hull buyout during any assessment it conducts of the new owners".

OMG! Are the authorities finally ensuring "fit & suitable" (or whatever the term is) owners & directors?

I would change the format of PO's and copy the tiered Indian Premier League Cricket Method

3th v 4th , winner goes into final

Loser meets winner of 5th v 6th tor second place in final

(3rd and 4th places rewarded with a second bite of cherry)

Thoughts anyone ?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would change the format of PO's and copy the tiered Indian Premier League Cricket Method

3th v 4th , loser goes into final

Thoughts anyone ?

I think the IPLs format is a quality system for a knockout competition. As for the playoffs. As it's over 46 games to get there I would keep it as it is . 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3th v 4th , loser goes into final

Thoughts anyone ?

3rd v 4th loser goes into final?

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

I think the IPLs format is a quality system for a knockout competition. As for the playoffs. As it's over 46 games I would keep it as it is . 

Just think the reward for finishing third is minimal

Would keep all the sides pushing full on chasing a 3rd or 4th place rather than resting players :thumbsup:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just think the reward for finishing third is minimal

Would keep all the sides pushing full on chasing a 3rd or 4th place rather than resting players :thumbsup:

That is true BBSB . But with only 10 or so teams in the IPL . It's a great system. I would only like to see that implemented if city finished 3rd . We still balls it up though 

Archived