IGNORED

A tale of two managers - LJ bouncing & Cotts respect

Fordy62

Just now, Sixtyseconds said:

If the 15% win record says it all best throw the Trophies away which don't amount to summat at all.

The trophies are irrelevant, he was out of his depth at this level, I would have more sympathy for the guy if he didn't get into futile battle with Lansdown.. his public or less than veiled comments. He has my respect for promotion but that's it. He was taken us down quicker then he brought us up

24 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Because of course Tomlin did everything didn't he? Defence, goalkeeping and so on...

He wasn't the difference between staying up and relegation, Johnson and Pembo were plus binning off Cotterill helped massively. He was out his depth and his record at Championship level his mediocre at best 

Your u-turn is your bitterness towards SL and LJ

You said that LJ/Pembo kept us up with the same squad that SC had. I'm merely pointing out that you were wrong as LJ/Pembo had a significant new signing in Tomlin amongst others.

17 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

If the 15% win record says it all best throw the Trophies away which don't amount to summat at all.

Well they sort of are if you immediately return to that league that you won, unless your happy just winning League One every other year?

Oh no, don't say we're going to have a retrospective Cotterill love-in like we did for GJ.  There was a reason he was sacked, and let's be honest, he got the best team in the division promoted from L1, it's not like he did it using parks players

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You said that LJ/Pembo kept us up with the same squad that SC had. I'm merely pointing out that you were wrong as LJ/Pembo had a significant new signing in Tomlin amongst others.

So you don't deny that your dislike of SL and LJ has caused you to u-turn then?

I take it you're still boycotting the club as well?

Just now, SecretSam said:

Oh no, don't say we're going to have a retrospective Cotterill love-in like we did for GJ.  There was a reason he was sacked, and let's be honest, he got the best team in the division promoted from L1, it's not like he did it using parks players

Don't want to get embroiled in this thread but have to say in response -  he bought wisely , he didn't exactly throw money at it or pick absolute established golden stars

Ayling , Smith , Flint , Pack etc etc How many of them would have been top of any suggested target threads on here at that time

Freeman was probably the one 'star at his club' , and Agard had had a decent season prior to signing him 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't want to get embroiled in this thread but have to say in response -  he bought wisely , he didn't exactly throw money at it or pick absolute established golden stars

Ayling , Smith , Flint , Pack etc etc How many of them would have been top of any suggested target threads on here at that time

Freeman was probably the one 'star at his club' , and Agard had had a decent season prior to signing him 

He did or Burt did?

18 hours ago, JHAGa said:

You're not going to reignite your passion with your constant, tedious and needless negativity.

I see no negativity in this at all. Fordy, to my eyes and ears, is pointing out the differing behaviour/standards/morals of our last and current manager. I also think it's pretty honest and fair of someone to say I've been disappointed, but I'm not giving up on the club.

21 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So you don't deny that your dislike of SL and LJ has caused you to u-turn then?

I take it you're still boycotting the club as well?

I explained why I now have a different view on events of summer 2015 in post 157. Do keep up!

I am critical of SL and LJ and I'm dreadfully sorry if that upsets you, but I do not dislike them.

22 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

He did or Burt did?

Can't answer that tbh but I assume SC like most would want the final say and certainly can't see him as a manager who would accept being 'given' players to work with !!!!!!

He has a  good knowledge of the game / players Tbf - when players are discussed ,  he has a good knowledge of teams and players when you hear him talk - he's been around a bit has Cotts

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Also wishing to not be embroiled in this but have to point out that several wanted Ayling, and Smith at the very least got a mention.

Flint was here before Cotterill

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I explained why I now have a different view on events of summer 2015 in post 157. Do keep up!

I am critical of SL and LJ and I'm dreadfully sorry if that upsets you, but I do not dislike them.

Doesn't upset me at all, you do what you want.

You'll be back at the Gate after you get over your little tantrum and oddly enough Lansdown will still be running the club

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Also wishing to not be embroiled in this but have to point out that several wanted Ayling, and Smith at the very least got a mention.

Flint was here before Cotterill

Sorry - of course Flint was here , the point I was trying to make that very few of the players would have been seen as 'marquee' signings within the football world or for those looking on , astute yes , marquee / obvious targets , not really (IMHO)

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Flint and Pack were signed under O'Driscoll

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry - of course Flint was here , the point I was trying to make that very few of the players would have been seen as 'marquee' signings within the football world or for those looking on , astute yes , marquee / obvious targets , not really (IMHO)

Marquee perhaps not, other than the two Lukes (hard for a defender to be a marquee though).

But having said that, I dont recall that many stand out players from 2013/14 other than those in the Promoted sides which would have been overly ambitious.

Players like Smith were noted for having a tidy game against us home and/or away in an Oldham(/their club) side that struggled (I think that season LJ had to come in and steer them away from relegation).

It also should be acknowledged we had a bigger wage budget than anyone else (perhaps bar one or two) in order to attract the players.

Like this season thw transfer spend was roughly 0, but we had the biggest wage bill with a small squad

12 minutes ago, cynic said:

Rationally ?

Ranting at LJ for having a bounce ?

Rational ?

Yes. Rational. You got it. That's what I said. 

If you actually read the OP then I'm sure you'll agree. No 'ranting' involved whatsoever. Just a tale of two managers' behaviour yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Petty springs to mind.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. 

Trust me. He wouldn't have been 'damned' if he didn't in this case. Even you would agree with that I'm sure. 

Just now, lenred said:

Yes. Rational. You got it. That's what I said. 

If you actually read the OP then I'm sure you'll agree. No 'ranting' involved whatsoever. Just a tale of two managers' behaviour yesterday. 

A tale that conveniently avoided giving any context, but with plenty of spin summing up the OPs known dislike of the current maanger.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

A tale that conveniently avoided giving any context, but with plenty of spin summing up the OPs known dislike of the current maanger.

It wasn't a tale. It happened.  The Photographic evidence is there for  all to see. And if you, and anyone else think it's acceptable after the season we've had, to bounce around on a stage, whatever the circumstance, then that is your prerogative. But some, including me, will think it a complete embarrassment,  tinpot even. Like something our blue neighbours would do. He could have said no.

But whatever your viewpoint there was no ranting about this in the OP. Which in this case is the accusation made.  

Just now, lenred said:

It wasn't a tale. It happened.  The Photographic evidence is there for  all to see. And if you, and anyone else think it's acceptable after the season we've had, to bounce around on a stage, whatever the circumstance, then that is your prerogative. But some, including me, will think it a complete embarrassment,  tinpot even. Like something our blue neighbours would do. He could have said no.

But whatever your viewpoint there was no ranting about this in the OP. Which in this case is the accusation made.  

You called it a tale!

I used tale to follow on from your post ffs. 

Dont call something a tale and then use "it isnt a tale" as a counterpoint afterwards.

Yes both happened.

Cotterills lap of honour was a nice touch, but any rational mind wouldnt have had an issue with Johnsons bounce because it wasnt how Fordy painted the picture, nor do the photos let you hear what the however many hundreds/thousands in the fan zone were signing (which at the time was "Johnson says, bounce around the ground")

All Lee did was engage in some fun with the fans. There was nothing even in the slightest to hint it was a bounce of celebration.

Seeing as it was a fan led thing Johnson was in a position of (a) appear to be a grumpy old git and do nothing or (b) bounce for a few seconds, when the fans called for it at the start of the post match entertainment, keeping the good atmosphere going.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Why isn't it acceptable? Do you think he should've gone home and been depressed for a few months. Amazing that anyone can take such offence to someone having a bounce on stage

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

You called it a tale!

I used tale to follow on from your post ffs. 

Dont call something a tale and then use "it isnt a tale" as a counterpoint afterwards.

Yes both happened.

Cotterills lap of honour was a nice touch, but any rational mind wouldnt have had an issue with Johnsons bounce because it wasnt how Fordy painted the picture, nor do the photos let you hear what the however many hundreds/thousands in the fan zone were signing (which at the time was "Johnson says, bounce around the ground")

All Lee did was engage in some fun with the fans. There was nothing even in the slightest to hint it was a bounce of celebration.

Seeing as it was a fan led thing Johnson was in a position of (a) appear to be a grumpy old git and do nothing or (b) bounce for a few seconds, when the fans called for it at the start of the post match entertainment, keeping the good atmosphere going.

Oh dear, swearing at me because of that? Get a grip. I apologise profusely to you though for confusing my words. Bad form indeed how dare I. But no need for the swearing me thinks, grow up. 

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Why isn't it acceptable? Do you think he should've gone home and been depressed for a few months. Amazing that anyone can take such offence to someone having a bounce on stage

I'm not 'taking offence' at all. Just think it's not called for. Thats all. 

Just now, lenred said:

Oh dear, swearing at me because of that? Get a grip. I apologise profusely to you though for confusing my words. Bad form indeed how dare I. But no need for the swearing me thinks, grow up. 

Oh dear, an expression of exasperation upset you?

If anyone is confused it is clearly yourself, seeing as I fully explained my use of the word "tale" in order to follow on from a post and then build my own, a common writing method.

Never mind. I'm sure someone who has an actual point will have a response, rather than a measly "grow up" and hiding behind the offense of an acronym which may or may not include a curse word when fully written out.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh dear, an expression of exasperation upset you?

If anyone is confused it is clearly yourself, seeing as I fully explained my use of the word "tale" in order to follow on from a post and then build my own, a common writing method.

Never mind. I'm sure someone who has an actual point will have a response, rather than a measly "grow up" and hiding behind the offense of an acronym which may or may not include a curse word when fully written out.

Think you need to calm down JamesBCFC. But thank you for the English Language lesson nevertheless. 

Lots of actual points already in this thread, from me and plenty of others for you to continue to get mortally upset on LJ's behalf about though so that should keep you going. You crack on.   

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

I'm not 'taking offence' at all. Just think it's not called for. Thats all. 

Ever thought the bounce was also could be a tribute for his dad who's in hospital or has been through the mill with heart surgery and complications?

See LJ is damned as he's criticised for not acknowledging fans but then engages in some fun fans and he's still criticised

Archived