IGNORED

Trains n Boats n Planes ..travel yesterday .. your experiences?

WhistleHappy

20 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Indeed it is a Bacharach and David composition. Also recorded by Billy J Kramer (which is the version I have) and Dionne Warwick.

A belting track.

It was also sung by our favourite shoeless, Eurovision Song Contest winner Sandie Shaw, although I do prefer Dionne Warwick's version.

My apologies to @Nicki's soulmate and Whistle Happy - I posted without waiting to get to the end of the thread. 

Drove from Portsmouth to Westbury, to catch the 0936 to Temple Meads to avoid the traffic and nightmare parking. Only to discover it and the following train were cancelled due to engineering works over ran.  

Back in car to drive to Bristol, hit standstill traffic on Bath Road at Keynsham. Went down country lanes across to A37 Wells Rd, through Hengrove, Parson Street and parked for free in HMS Flying Fox (perks of the job). Three hours in total.

Enjoyed the same delightful drive home, another three hours back to Portsmouth.  To catch the train to Gatwick to fly back to work in Rosyth. 

Total time from AG to Rosyth 11 hours, for a 1-0 loss.  Still wouldn't change it for the world. So I managed a Plane, a Train, an Automobile and a Ferry on Sunday.

32 minutes ago, DanielHill said:

Drove from Portsmouth to Westbury, to catch the 0936 to Temple Meads to avoid the traffic and nightmare parking. Only to discover it and the following train were cancelled due to engineering works over ran.  

Back in car to drive to Bristol, hit standstill traffic on Bath Road at Keynsham. Went down country lanes across to A37 Wells Rd, through Hengrove, Parson Street and parked for free in HMS Flying Fox (perks of the job). Three hours in total.

Enjoyed the same delightful drive home, another three hours back to Portsmouth.  To catch the train to Gatwick to fly back to work in Rosyth. 

Total time from AG to Rosyth 11 hours, for a 1-0 loss.  Still wouldn't change it for the world. So I managed a Plane, a Train, an Automobile and a Ferry on Sunday.

I doubt anyone will beat that mate. Respect!

44 minutes ago, DanielHill said:

Ha, there's always f'ing one isn't there? ..... like Meatloaf once said, four out of three ain't  bad!! :)

27 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ha, there's always f'ing one isn't there? ..... like Meatloaf once said, four out of three ain't  bad!! :)

I want you I need You but I will never ever Love you but two out of three ain't bad. bigger :-)

On 08/05/2017 at 12:58, Robbored said:

Drove to Long Ashton to my mates house. In view of the predictions of traffic chaos we were going to go bus but decided to walk to AG via the cycle path. Lovely stroll there and back and took about 30 mins each way and comes out just below the Ashton pub.

I know it's a cycle path but the number of cyclists who have no bells on their  bikes was a bit of a surprise especially when they sped past from behind you............:shocking:

From my day to day observations I'm pretty sure most bikes do have some sort of bell on them :).

I drove up the previous day. 

Started after 9:00am from WoT via the Suspension Bridge with a loop around Ashton Court, only took a few minutes arriving at 9:30. Parking at Ashton Court was great - although the attendant said only 200 odd cars used the facility. At an average of  2 per car that's 400 people which ain't bad in my view. 

Simple get away back past The Gate down the Portway and back in the blink of an eye. 

Good stuff. The transport plan worked well for me although abstaining from drinking more than a couple of pints was a bit of a bummer. Particularly so, given my quota was up and I couldn't face watching The Wurzels without a pint in my hand.

Nce to see several other reds strolling around the WoT area on my return journey. The City is ours! 

On 08/05/2017 at 21:54, ChippenhamRed said:

The anticipated chaos made me change my usual travel plans and actually made my day even better.

Normally drive and park near the ground. Instead I left my car at my mate's house in Fishponds, got the bus to the centre and walked from there. There was a great atmosphere in the city because of the 10k, the sun was shining. We stopped off at the Buttery for breakfast before heading to the Tobacco Factory for a drink and the best donut I've ever had from a market stall at the back! In fact it was a great day out until the game started!

Best donut I've had was up in Scarborough.

On the seafront there was a stall selling freshly made ones with Ice Cream. Then drizzled with some chocolate Source!

On 08/05/2017 at 22:32, foghornred said:

Caught the train from Worle to Parson Street and back again at 1511 both packed standing room only, wondering why I buy a ticket as i know loads don't bother as the trains are so packed they can not check tickets and the stations are unmanned so travel is free for loads.

Its the same throughout the country as I know that happens from Fratton to Portsmouth and Diss to Norwich,no wonder the railways are struggling.

Same on the lines in the Valleys between Cardiff and Merthyr.

They lose out on a fortune just with peoples commutes to work and it is 5x worse when there is rugby on in Cardiff.

I was at a gig in Nottingham until 1am Saturday night / Sunday morning. As it was a 12 o'clock kick off there was no way of getting back in time (first train back got into TM at 12.54).

So, I left Nottingham at 0300.

Got to London by National Express coach at 0630.

Left London at 0730 on National Express coach

Arrived Bristol 1000

Walked to AG

And obviously, after that performance, really pleased I made the effort!!!!

I made the trip to the loo 3 times during the game with my phone in hand constantly refreshing the FotMob mobile app, because I had already "broken the seal" drinking cider in the comfort of my own home. Was hard work that, not knocking those who made such great efforts and lengths from across the country to watch, I really aint, but boy was my heart beating with every loo trip I made... I need to get fitter!

Archived