IGNORED

I'm in the mood for an argument

Oops

1 hour ago, Oops said:

I'm off to bed now, but I'd better wake up to at least 30 more arguments. (You bunch of *****)

Please respect the swear filter.

Alright I'll open a can of worms for an argument as it's something I've noticed cropping up a lot lately on here. I'll say now I'm by no means an LJ supporter before anyone starts.

For everyone on here going on about how Lansdown never backed Cotterill financially, look at the amount of players he signed in our promotion season, that cost happened to be offset by Baldock leaving. The transfer fees may not have been big but would have been a lot in wages, we convinced Wilbraham to drop from premier league to league one for example. Then when we did get promoted we sign Kodjia for nearly a record fee (in our top two 5 ever at the time I believe) and attempt to smash our record fee for Gayle and Gray (and others including Maguire if you believe the rumours of deals having been done) so rather than it being a case of Lansdown not financially backing Cotts, it was Cotts failure to target and bring in appropriate players.

Johnson was allowed to spend so much last summer because we had a tiny squad at the start of the transfer window and needed much greater depth. The plan was to bring in young players with potential (Mags, O'Dowda, Engvall) and quality in older players (Tomlin) both of which require significant financial outlay. If we hadn't spent we'd have required a lot of free/cheap transfers or gone in with a small squad.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Alright I'll open a can of worms for an argument as it's something I've noticed cropping up a lot lately on here. I'll say now I'm by no means an LJ supporter before anyone starts.

For everyone on here going on about how Lansdown never backed Cotterill financially, look at the amount of players he signed in our promotion season, that cost happened to be offset by Baldock leaving. The transfer fees may not have been big but would have been a lot in wages, we convinced Wilbraham to drop from premier league to league one for example. Then when we did get promoted we sign Kodjia for nearly a record fee (in our top two 5 ever at the time I believe) and attempt to smash our record fee for Gayle and Gray (and others including Maguire if you believe the rumours of deals having been done) so rather than it being a case of Lansdown not financially backing Cotts, it was Cotts failure to target and bring in appropriate players.

Johnson was allowed to spend so much last summer because we had a tiny squad at the start of the transfer window and needed much greater depth. The plan was to bring in young players with potential (Mags, O'Dowda, Engvall) and quality in older players (Tomlin) both of which require significant financial outlay. If we hadn't spent we'd have required a lot of free/cheap transfers or gone in with a small squad.

I think you're taking this thread a bit seriously, you big smelly pooh bum. :fear:

And I can't really argue with the points you made either as they appear perfectly reasonable, and valid, spoilsport!

Just now, RumRed said:

I think you're taking this thread a bit seriously, you big smelly pooh bum. :fear:

And I can't really argue with the points you made either as they appear perfectly reasonable, and valid, spoilsport!

:laugh: I just figure now the season is over we need to make something to argue with each other about :shutup:

Just now, hodge said:

:laugh: I just figure now the season is over we need to make something to argue with each other about :shutup:

Well stop making reasoned posts and we can get back to it!

Personally I thought that the best football I've seen us play was under Pulis.

16 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You are playing a very dangerous game here :laughcont:

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

We actually never have been right? Although we do hold the accolade of having lost play off finals at the most separate venues (4 I believe)

We've only got to the play off final 3 times though? Lost at Fellows Park, Millenium Stadium and Wembley....have I missed one?! Still a woeful play off record....although I also remember Lincoln City reached the play offs for 5 years in a row in the early 2000s and weren't successful in any of them!

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

Pulis was a lovely bloke, couldn't wish to meet a greater exponent of the beautiful game. A sad, sad, day in BS3 when he departed. 

Archived