IGNORED

I'm in the mood for an argument

Oops

We'll finish above Barnsley next season. I think we'll do alright bf, we'll only buy a few players in the summer but they'll be key signings. If we find that dream striker and right back I think we've got everything needed to finish top 10. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

We'll finish above Barnsley next season. I think we'll do alright bf, we'll only buy a few players in the summer but they'll be key signings. If we find that dream striker and right back I think we've got everything needed to finish top 10. 

I think Barnsley will get relegated personally, they lost players in Jan and will lose more in the summer. They won't spend big and will gamble on players being able to make the step up. 

Just now, hodge said:

I think Barnsley will get relegated personally, they lost players in Jan and will lose more in the summer. They won't spend big and will gamble on players being able to make the step up. 

That's a serious statement, Burton, Bolton and Millwall/Bradford are the obvious ones for me. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

That's a serious statement, Burton, Bolton and Millwall/Bradford are the obvious ones for me. 

I would bet on it personally, but sky bet have them as favourites to go down and doesn't represent decent value. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

So they do! Interesting. Villa favourites to go up atm too. 

I don't find Villa being favourites surprising, they picked themselves up a bit after their poor start. I don't see any of the relegated teams really being in a shape for a title challenge next season, Sunderland will be in ruins still, Boro spent big so will have to reduce their wages quickly with only 2 years parachute payments and Hull would be around the play offs I expect. Only Swansea if they came down would I expect to fight for the title so otherwise wouldn't be surprised for Derby, Fulham or Wednesday (providing neither go up this year) to be competing to for the title. 

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Yeah I realise that, and think it's a pointless thread to start, so I thought I'd try and spark a debate as to why you're not capable of promotion next season, with some conservative criticism, pointing out what I feel needs addressing at your club. 

Not to Labour the point and it may not be very Democratic but ..... That'll be the day when we accept criticism from any frigging Conservative !

Just now, RumRed said:

Won't he already be ours?  Thought they came from the academy, if so get him on the carbs ready for next season.

Exactly. big shoes to fill asking him to be the next Tammy. Well big shoes if you're 11.

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

I think the only thing stopping us is the lack of a monorail, the smooth and eerily silent glide to the gate would relax our players before the match rather than having to drive through congested streets in their loud, shouty, SUVs.  The council would start liking us for being greener and fans would be in a much more chilled mood as they took their seats so less likely to get on the players' backs.

Best investment ever.

First fings first RR ... bet you haven't even thought about what gauge between tracks your MONOrail is gonna run on. Mind the Gap.

28 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

First fings first RR ... bet you haven't even thought about what gauge between tracks your MONOrail is gonna run on. Mind the Gap.

My family owned the Atlas Locomotive Works back in the day producing trains in Bristol so there is a history there, I'm sure I'll 'gauge' the mood right!

Best thing about monorails, no having to make your product fit others odd guages, you build the track and the trains, you have the monopoly on the whole system.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

My family owned the Atlas Engineering Works back in the day producing trains in Bristol so there is a history there, I'm sure I'll 'gauge' the mood right!

Best thing about monorails, no having to make your product fit others odd guages, you build the track and the trains, you have the monopoly on the whole system.

Marlebone Station....£200?

I'll buy it!

Archived