IGNORED

Sound of the City - LJ on the show on Monday night

Jacki

Agree with @samo II and @BobBobSuperBob 

Macca comes across really well and didn't spout the usual BS and did feel for him having to answer some of the questions that should have been for LJ.

To add to what I said about LJ being an arrogant sod, if he'd had said "I feel I'm a good manager and I made mistakes but I've learned from them and continue to do so", I'd have accepted that.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Agree with @samo II and @BobBobSuperBob 

Macca comes across really well and didn't spout the usual BS and did feel for him having to answer some of the questions that should have been for LJ.

To add to what I said about LJ being an arrogant sod, if he'd had said "I feel I'm a good manager and I made mistakes but I've learned from them and continue to do so", I'd have accepted that.

He has already said that!

On 13/05/2017 at 08:04, Jacki said:

Yes I'd like to hear why players drifted in and out of the team on and off all season. What happened to make Patterson vanish off the face of the earth for months at a time? Brownhill, Magnusson, Reid, Pack, Hegeler.... they've all completely disappeared at various times, often for no apparent reason. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten as well. 

I'd also love to hear what exactly LJ feels he has learnt from this season. He talks about learning a lot but has never been pressed on it. What's he going to do to avoid a repeat of that horrendous run? How are we going to replace Tammy? 

Above all I want Geoff to ask the searching questions and not let him off the hook, like he did with SL a month or so ago. If he does that it will be a fantastic listen. 

Totally agree. Be interesting to hear where you thought he let SL off the hook other than his acceptance of the the' Well I put in more money' petulance! :disapointed2se:

Just now, Shtanley said:

How come? (didn't listen)

Was diplomatic but explained how they needed a team to fight / have legs LT was talented and that it was up to Lee like all players to come back fit and ready in mind at start of next season and fight for a place 

39 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think I heard Lee admit that he "over cooked" what he was trying to get across to the players, especially the younger players. He used the words "simplicity" and "clarity." This was in response to Geoff asking him what was the single big lesson learned this season. I was half listening at the time, but think that's about right.

So, fair play to Lee for putting a bit more flesh on the bones of his "learned an awful lot" comment last week. Not every coach/manager we can think of would answer that, or like being asked it.

Really think he went through the ringer last season. 

He wasn't alone

Some other bullet points

Lee said he never considered quitting , but his mindset changed and he decided to

'Work for the cause, not the applause'

(Whatever :blink: that means)

Said we must remember the positives

The Cup run better than for a few years

Scored More Goals

Conceded less goals

Finished higher in League

Said he accepted these were small steps

Said he didn't think there was a link between JPs departure and the upturn in form and that he (LJ) had been honest with JP when he came in (?)

Said the end of season showed he was a good manager and the staff and players were good

Believed the bad run was in part down to 'external difficulties' that were difficult to manage

( Didn't elaborate)

Said the football world wouldn't have been shocked if he was sacked

Says the 'philosophy' is risky but he believes they can do it

53 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

One thing that puzzled me . Wtf is a bad sandwich. LJ did say that right.

One of the options at iffy massage parlours in Old Market? :shocking:

36 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Totally agree. Be interesting to hear where you thought he let SL off the hook other than his acceptance of the the' Well I put in more money' petulance! :disapointed2se:

I thought GT didn't let SL off the hook, and I also thought it was a fantastic interview for that reason.

Not heard tonight's yet but I'm hoping Geoff pressed LJ for some proper answers LJ in a similar way. 

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I thought GT didn't let SL off the hook, and I also thought it was a fantastic interview for that reason.

Not heard tonight's yet but I'm hoping Geoff pressed LJ for some proper answers LJ in a similar way. 

SL had a far tougher ride than LJ 

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Sorry I misunderstood

Don't get too excited as just listening to it back now. Seems the decision for the post Preston refund was a directive to the players not a player led thing!! Yet more PR. Bullshit & Spin 

Archived